What to expect from 9e CSM

Vengeance +1 CA

Khorne +1ap melee

Flame +1ap shooting

Excess +1 to hit melee

Despair 6s to hit autowound

I wouldnt mind some combi flamer terminators with icon of flame. That could get painful with VoTLW.

Well we don't know yet how the new strats are going to turn out.

Pretty exited about the new rumprs. Hungry for more!

Wondering what noise marines are going to be like.

3W isn't enough to make the current iteration good on its own as they'll still get mowed down like chaff without an invul but who knows what 9th ed Chosen will have in their favour.

There's three ways to give a unit a 5++ in the codex right now -- one of which is a huge aura from the Crown that the CA makes much easier to place.

3W isn't enough to make the current iteration good on its own as they'll still get mowed down like chaff without an invul but who knows what 9th ed Chosen will have in their favour.

There's three ways to give a unit a 5++ in the codex right now -- one of which is a huge aura from the Crown that the CA makes much easier to place.

While it's certainly true there are ways to improve their survivability, 1) the CA fortification changes are explicitly for tournament gameplay ("...can, in a Warzone Nachmund: Grand Tournament mission..."), and 2) our other options for a 5++ on Chosen (a Tzeentch-specific psychic power & a Prayer) are in one case vulnerable to a deny/failure to cast/playing another god-marked force and in another restricted by placement.

My broader point, which I didn't make very well, was that wound count isn't the sole issue holding Chosen back from being a good unit. I'd prefer a unit like Chosen be able to see play on its own merits, not have to carefully stay within distance of a terrain piece or character lest they get blown off the board.

edit: spelling

Edited by Marshal Loss

Another cool thing is that chosen are 3w. So we effectively hace BGV equivalents now

Cries in death guard

I'll never forgive GW for taking away my chosen I miss my plasma chosen squads wish DG had a power armored elite squad that could take different ranged or close combat weapons

I know quite a few details about the new codex, but i dont want to get my source in trouble. I will drop some more hints later on, but from what i was told, hold on to your butts. Litterally everything I was told gave me a :censored: eating grin, and the things already discussed above are just the beginning.

Thanks a bunch for sharing what you've got!

If someone knew whether or not Berzerkers kept the ability to fight twice... I dunno that would probably be pretty cool to know. :P

Edited by Khornestar

Vengeance +1 CA

Khorne +1ap melee

Flame +1ap shooting

Excess +1 to hit melee

Despair 6s to hit autowound

I wouldnt mind some combi flamer terminators with icon of flame. That could get painful with VoTLW.

Well we don't know yet how the new strats are going to turn out.

Pretty exited about the new rumprs. Hungry for more!

Wondering what noise marines are going to be like.

I was assuming that since TS and DG got a +1 to wound strat that CSM would also.  

That would suggest that all shared Vehicles are the same which is very disappointing :(

We already know this to be true, nothing changed between the DG and TS defiler. Also the SM predator and TS predator are both the same. However the IW trait seems to work very nicely on all vehicules.

Looks like Nurgle Night Lord morale cheese is out... Although the alternatives are almost certainly better.

After seeing the T'au Sept trait generator map, I wonder if chaos will get something crazy like that or a vanilla "take two, some count as two, these two can't be taken together" deal.

Another leak for you fine folks, to celebrate the website being back up.

Extra units chaos is getting:

Hq squad of cultists

Mutant cultists (clockworkchris's opinion:these will be like tzaangors and poxwalkers)

These are the new units.

Are these the ONLY new units?

These are the only new units

Hq squad of cultists

Mutant cultists (clockworkchris's opinion:these will be like tzaangors and poxwalkers)

These are the new units.

so in line with the already rumoured releases.

Hq squad of cultists

These are the new units.

Were new posses in the sope of the rumors? I really thing the current box is too goofy. I just recently got me some FW Gal Vorbak because of that.

Are there any rumors if marks are going to do something more them just keywords?

Hq squad of cultists

These are the new units.

Were new posses in the sope of the rumors? I really thing the current box is too goofy. I just recently got me some FW Gal Vorbak because of that.

New Possessed are indeed part of the rumours (they're in the first post). Just to reiterate:

• Possessed
  • Bikers
  • Chosen
  • Warpsmith
  • Cultists (BSF-style)
  • Renegade Guard (BSF-style)
  • Human mutants
  • Possessed humans ("the latter two are monstrously horrible. Think of the Greater Possessed but cranked up to 11")
  • Cultist standard bearer (character)
  • Cultist character with bodyguards

See no reason to doubt any of these given the source's previous reliability, though it's possible that one or more might not be released alongside the actual codex + wave.

Hq squad of cultists

These are the new units.

Are there any rumors if marks are going to do something more them just keywords?

No models is not the same as new units. The cultist units are the only new units. Old units are def getting new models.