What to expect from 9e CSM

snip

Thank you for sharing all this info! Some very interesting stuff in there.

edit - Curious if the Night Lords' traits will stack. If so, morale could be an issue for opposing armies. That would be interesting and fit with the Night Lords' lore.

Edited by Shovellovin

snip

Thank you for sharing all this info! Some very interesting stuff in there.

edit - Curious if the Night Lords' traits will stack. If so, morale could be an issue for opposing armies. That would be interesting and fit with the Night Lords' lore.

No stacking with itself but will stack with chaos spawn aura and raptors aura.

Word Bearers Warp Talons are the winningest winners.

5 attacks (6s cause extra hits), reroll hits, reroll wounds (6s cause mortal wounds).

Ashen circle raptors, pistols proc the mw then in melee you can proc mw again. Also assault weapons proc the mw so take flamers

Please tell me possessed also get 3 wounds...

I need more info if it's just cultist or actual traitor guard.

Unfortunately these new traits sound like they wont effect daemon engines...

Apparently the legion traits work on all units

Word Bearers Warp Talons are the winningest winners.

5 attacks (6s cause extra hits), reroll hits, reroll wounds (6s cause mortal wounds).

Ashen circle raptors, pistols proc the mw then in melee you can proc mw again. Also assault weapons proc the mw so take flamers

Well sure if you want to maximize mortal wounds then raptors are in a great place. I'm just saying rerolling hits and wounds with a lot of attacks, fishing for 6s with both, plus all the normal warp talon qualities, they'll be in a good place I think.

I need more info if it's just cultist or actual traitor guard.

Unfortunately these new traits sound like they wont effect daemon engines...

Apparently the legion traits work on all units

I find that kind of hard to believe, seeing as how the DG and TS coerces really took away from cultists, Tzaangors, and Poxwalkers

< Edit of wonky quote tags by Dr. Ruminahui > 

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

The traits seem off to me, both because there are 3 elements to them (when 9th books generally always have 2) and because they seem crazy good.

Is it potentially the case that one of the elements (for example IW's +1 to wound) is tied to the 'doctrine' you are currently in, like SM work? So, for example, IW's 3rd trait is active during the 'devestator doctine'? BL's exploding 5s active during the 'tactical doctrine'? That would make much more sense to me, as that's the thing that stands out as the most unbelievable.

Are there any sources of D3+3 damage?

Edited by AxeC

The traits seem off to me, both because there are 3 elements to them (when 9th books generally always have 2) and because they seem crazy good.

Is it potentially the case that one of the elements (for example IW's +1 to wound) is tied to the 'doctrine' you are currently in, like SM work? So, for example, IW's 3rd trait is active during the 'devestator doctine'? BL's exploding 5s active during the 'tactical doctrine'? That would make much more sense to me, as that's the thing that stands out as the most unbelievable.

Are there any sources of D3+3 damage?

I think what we are seeing are two traits + doctrine buff not 3 traits.

I think one of the traits is supposed to be like a superdoctrine, so limited to their preferred (assault for Word Bearers/Night Lords for example).

Agreed, +1 to wound vechicles/units in cover the whole time in addition to the other buffs for Iron Warriors would seem extremely potent.

Any info if possessed are getting a rules change along with their new (rumoured) models?

I think one of the traits is supposed to be like a superdoctrine, so limited to their preferred (assault for Word Bearers/Night Lords for example).

Agreed, +1 to wound vechicles/units in cover the whole time in addition to the other buffs for Iron Warriors would seem extremely potent.

Any info if possessed are getting a rules change along with their new (rumoured) models?

You'd assume they would be the same as DG possessed right? Except possibly without the toughness 5?

You'd assume they would be the same as DG possessed right? Except possibly without the toughness 5?

Well I hope not because the DG ones are bad and the regular ones wont have T5 and poison weapons...

I'm hoping for 3w...

I'm kinda disappointed Havocs aren't 3W, considering Chosen are rumoured to be and Havocs are up armoured compared to any of the regular marine sculpts.

I'm kinda disappointed Havocs aren't 3W, considering Chosen are rumoured to be and Havocs are up armoured compared to any of the regular marine sculpts.

I mean they are t5 2w ignore heavy multiplier, what more can you want lol. Also the 3w treatment are clearly reserved to "veteran units" like BGV.

Is it just me or this the BL trait+doctrine bonus really good?  

I mean they are t5 2w ignore heavy multiplier, what more can you want lol. Also the 3w treatment are clearly reserved to "veteran units" like BGV.

What about cult troops?  Will BL be able to field rubrics/plague marines?