What to expect from 9e CSM

We are getting "daemon gifts", these are buff you can buy for CORE or CHARACTERS.

Khorne +1s to charges

Tzeentch ignore damage on first failed save

Slaanesh fight first in the fight phase

Nurgle -1 damage

Is there any rules preventing vehicles like dreads from getting it? It does say core. Contemptors would be -2 unless it prevents stacking Edited by Plaguecaster

We are getting "daemon gifts", these are buff you can buy for CORE or CHARACTERS.

Khorne +1s to charges

Nurgle -1 damage

Is there any rules preventing vehicles like dreads from getting it? It does say core. Contemptors would be -2 unless it prevents stacking

No idea yet.

All sounds excellent so far. The EC trait adding an incentive to use weapons like power fists feels very inappropriate for the legion but it's certainly quite strong, and I'm not going to complain about being able to ignore dense. Obliterator profiles are rock-hard and much more appropriate than what they have now.

I quite like the Red Corsairs suite as well. Being able to advance + charge while counting as two models for the purposes of obsec means you can swarm objectives with power-armoured bodies (particularly if the new bikers are good) to really take a game by the throat.

Khorne +1s to charges

Nurgle -1 damage

Is there any rules preventing vehicles like dreads from getting it? It does say core. Contemptors would be -2 unless it prevents stacking
No idea yet.
I don't suppose you know with the legions like Word bearers and Iron Warriors, are they alloweded to take marks of nurlge? The way DG have ended up being a pain with the nerfs I am tempted to run a Nurgle Word bearers force so I can use all my old models I lost since DG can't have them (havocs, bikes etc)

Khorne +1s to charges

Nurgle -1 damage

No idea yet.
I don't suppose you know with the legions like Word bearers and Iron Warriors, are they alloweded to take marks of nurlge? The way DG have ended up being a pain with the nerfs I am tempted to run a Nurgle Word bearers force so I can use all my old models I lost since DG can't have them (havocs, bikes etc)

So far the only condition to being marked is having either the CORE or CHARACTER keyword

Khorne +1s to charges

Nurgle -1 damage

Does this mean a Nurgle Hellbrute could be -2 damage?

Could be but doubtful, DG didnt get to double up on that I am willing to bet there will be a condition or simply maximum of -1 damage kinda like +/-1 to hit that is capped.

I'm curious about venom crawlers

Would be interesting to see if they changed from the whole summoning thing and if they got access to more weapons possibly hintimg at multi part kit later on

Edited by Plaguecaster

Damn... nurgle bikers with -1 dmg might actually be decent with chainswords.

Along with the Icon to autowound, jjst load them up with bolters swords and metals and go to town.

I'm curious about venom crawlers

Would be interesting to see if they changed from the whole summoning thing and if they got access to more weapons possibly hintimg at multi part kit later on

They dont seem to apart from the changes i posted earlier. Summoning schtick is being replaced by +1 to psychic tests.

It's at this time my old bitterness shows, it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

I want to believe...

Nice to see Creations of Bile are still a thing, I never got a chance to run them back in 8th edition. 

I wish they would bring Doomrider back, I feel like Im doing him dirty using him as a basic Biker champion. :( 

I was curious what Crimson Slaughter and/or Red Corsairs would have since I have a lot of them as well as Black Legion.... just kind of hedging my bets for future projects.

Nothing for Crimson Slaughter, but good to see this for Corsairs:

Red corsairs

•Charge if they advanced

•Models count as 2 for obsec

Models with 10+ wounds count as 5

•wanton destruction (super doctrine): Heav, rapid, grenade get +1ap

- So this puts Corsairs in direct line with White Scars for speed (getting to the opponent ASAP) and mauling them to death. This means the lists will remain similar to the current codex. (When I build Corsairs right now, they work best with monster mash (Disco's, crawlers, Maulers, etc.)

This is a bit disappointing but will definitely depend on Huron's rules, as well as wargear/relics/etc. Right now something like the White Scars is slipping.... there's just a lot out there now that doesn't care if you get to it faster.... Templars, Death Guard, Custodes, etc. And then there's a lot out there that is terrified of it as well.

I think it's going to come down to the chapter specific warlord traits/relics. The Obsec ability is very good, however, you see a conflict between the units that work best with Obsec, and units that work best with advance + Charge.

After killing a unit, the unit is then considered to be in destruction, massacre and slaughter for the rest of the game

I think this is crimson slaughter.

Obliterators

•have essentially big guns never tire(shoot into engagement range with -1 to hit)

•ignore modifier for heavy weapons

•armed with powerfists without -1 to hit

•Has 3 shooting profiles

Heavy 9+d6 s5 ap1 d1

Heavy 3+d3 s7 ap2 d2

Heavy d3 s9 ap3 d4

This is a interesting change. 

Better and more consistent fire against infantry, but worse against tougher or even moderate vehicles.

I was suspecting GW was going to change to obliterators, too much rng. 

Gone are the days of possibly killing 2 knights in 1 turn. 

Obliterators

•have essentially big guns never tire(shoot into engagement range with -1 to hit)

•Has 3 shooting profiles

Heavy 9+d6 s5 ap1 d1

Heavy 3+d3 s7 ap2 d2

Heavy d3 s9 ap3 d4

Lets hope they stay core or at least get bs+2

Obliterators

•Has 3 shooting profiles

Heavy 9+d6 s5 ap1 d1

Heavy 3+d3 s7 ap2 d2

Heavy d3 s9 ap3 d4

Lets hope they stay core or at least get bs+2

Probably they core , and they can benefit from doctrines, so 1 turn extra hit on 6