What to expect from 9e CSM

God could you imagine if they give us the current leaders of the legions. Give me decimus.

With a new Codex on the way, many will be looking for the leaders to guide them.

Why ask for Decimus when you can have Abaddon?

In the wise words of talos valcoran: abaddon can go :cuss himself.

God could you imagine if they give us the current leaders of the legions. Give me decimus.

With a new Codex on the way, many will be looking for the leaders to guide them.

Whey ask for either when you can ask for Alpharius/Omegon?

There is no such figure. You must be mistaken.

They've been bringing Kor Phaeron back in for the Word Bearers in Faith and Fury, which will then be expanded upon in Dawn of Fire. I'm not certain we're quite there yet as far as getting new characters for each legion.

I'd hate it if Kor Phaeron was the Word Bearers character, I despise his character in the horus heresy series.

They've been bringing Kor Phaeron back in for the Word Bearers in Faith and Fury, which will then be expanded upon in Dawn of Fire. I'm not certain we're quite there yet as far as getting new characters for each legion.

I'd hate it if Kor Phaeron was the Word Bearers character, I despise his character in the horus heresy series.

Either Kor Phaeron or Erebus (or both) are almost certain for Word Bearers, being classic leaders of the Legion and that they currently both share power over the Legion if I remember the current lore correctly.

They might do more, but now that Kor Phaeron is showing up in campaign books, I think we'll see him eventually.

Whey ask for either when you can ask for Alpharius/Omegon?

There is no such figure. You must be mistaken.

This is a lie.

I'd at least like a closer look at the new chosen at the preview. Would be excited to see any of the new upcoming sculpts, or teasers for World Eaters.

I'm mostly expecting Eldar previews and maybe some chaos stuff from Eldritch Storm. Hope springs eternal, though.

Kor Phaeron? Sounds like an excellent conversion opportunity.

Edited by Akylas

Either Kor Phaeron or Erebus (or both) are almost certain for Word Bearers, being classic leaders of the Legion and that they currently both share power over the Legion if I remember the current lore correctly.

They might do more, but now that Kor Phaeron is showing up in campaign books, I think we'll see him eventually.

Erebus I would be slightly more ok with, but deep in my heart I'll always wish Argel Tal had lived.

Looks like the preview went as expected, i.e. nothing for CSM shown.

Kabandha, very cool, but a tangent at best. The wait continues!

Yeah... pretty disappointed. Seems like our codex and second wound will take a little longer?

Rumours said april... So probably march will be full of our previews.

Yeah... pretty disappointed. Seems like our codex and second wound will take a little longer?

Which rumours said april? Isn't Eldar next month so CSM after that?

I've seen multiple rumours of different timelines. Some have said Chaos Knights and CSM in March, some have said CKnights in March and CSM in April. I also saw a rumour that CSM could be as late as June, but that feels really late.

I think Eldar preorders are rumoured to come at the very end of next month, so the release proper could be either late febuary/early march and then we probably have a month of respite and chaos next but if it's late march or early april who knows? The guy that leaked the contents of the eldar vs chaos boxset said that the chosen in the box still have 1 wound so that would be very weird if they released the codex straight after...

Anyway, remember that we don't even have a preorder date for tau so the 1st two weeks of febuary are 100% going to be non eldar preorders.

I honestly wasn't expecting anything for CSM at this reveal, as I think we're still probably two months out.

A single generic character kit was my 'most optimistic' guess.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Moarleaks (the source that leaked all of the Eldar stuff, definitely not GW :wink: ) confirmed that the Eldar codex was due mid-late February, Chaos Knights in March and Chaos marines in April. Whether this has changed remains to be seen but I'm reasonably confident this is the order and timescales the codex will drop.

Something to be wary of is that the Eldritch Omens book has Chosen at 1W and the Forgefiend on it's current profile.

Alpha legion

•-1 to hit 12" away, if wounds are 10+ then it's 18"

•Can charge and perform actions if they fell back

•Wanton massacre (super doctrine):Rapid fire, assault, pistol if within half range +1 ap

Emperor's children

•Ignore any/all modifiers to ws / bs

•Any attack on a 6 to wound +1ap

•wanton slaughter (super doctrine): Melee hits on a 6 gives additional hit, combine this with the slaughter bonus and you'd get 2 additional hits on 6

Red corsairs

•Charge if they advanced

•Models count as 2 for obsec

Models with 10+ wounds count as 5

•wanton destruction (super doctrine): Heav, rapid, grenade get +1ap

Creations of bile

•+1 str/move

•Fight after death in melee

•wanton slaughter (super doctrine): Melee hits on 6 auto wound

Random renegade traits

•+4" to range other than grenade and relic

•After killing a unit, the unit is then considered to be in destruction, massacre and slaughter for the rest of the game

++ Preorders for other factions are off topic, please stay with what to expect from the CSM codex. We've kinda been all over the place, let's bring it back on track. ++

Edited by Khornestar

I was curious what Crimson Slaughter and/or Red Corsairs would have since I have a lot of them as well as Black Legion.... just kind of hedging my bets for future projects.

Nothing for Crimson Slaughter, but good to see this for Corsairs:

Red corsairs
•Charge if they advanced
•Models count as 2 for obsec
Models with 10+ wounds count as 5
•wanton destruction (super doctrine): Heav, rapid, grenade get +1ap

- So this puts Corsairs in direct line with White Scars for speed (getting to the opponent ASAP) and mauling them to death. This means the lists will remain similar to the current codex. (When I build Corsairs right now, they work best with monster mash (Disco's, crawlers, Maulers, etc.)

This is a bit disappointing but will definitely depend on Huron's rules, as well as wargear/relics/etc. Right now something like the White Scars is slipping.... there's just a lot out there now that doesn't care if you get to it faster.... Templars, Death Guard, Custodes, etc. And then there's a lot out there that is terrified of it as well.

I think it's going to come down to the chapter specific warlord traits/relics. The Obsec ability is very good, however, you see a conflict between the units that work best with Obsec, and units that work best with advance + Charge.