hall of honor

Medjugorje

This threat is made for all of us who already had a game with the new codex.

Please write in short your list, the opponent, the mission and on which level you played (absolute beer and brezel or hardcore competitive) and then your results and thoughts:

I really like to hear from each of you. 

I had a game against blood angels this weekend. Just to test rules and adapt to the new codex.

Obviously with a lot of stuff proxied.

helbrecht, grimaldus
chaplain on motorcycle with beatstick configuration (tanhauser, sword of imperium, master of arms and mantra of strenght

x2 assault intercessors
x1 FB crusader squad

x2 redemptors
x2 5 BGV one with holy orb
x1 7 hammernators
(sigismund seal and champion of the feast)
x1 5 sword brethren

x4 eradicators

My secondary were octarius data, bat the sword thrown by my chaplain and received by his
sanguinary priest (bad choice on the one hand, since he used the stratagem to remove him from the battlefield on turn 2 and was avoiding the confrontation, on the other hand, that prevented him from doing his job healing and resurrecting, so not so bad)
and to the last with both redemptors and terminators

my rival's roster was super aggressive, vanvets, sanguinary guard, two units of eradicators and death company.

Helbrecht is an apocalypse machine, thanks to the stratagem of giving assured objective I was able to deny many points, the hypervitaminated chaplain destroyed everything in his path in pursuit of the elusive priest. the combination of uphold plus the cenobite FNP (plus some rolls that spit in the face of probability) allowed me to stay at the table with just about everything until the last round. the termis targeted their chaplain on a motorcycle and vaporized him and a BGV unit that dared meddle (thanks, double pile in by devout push)

My feelings with the sword brethen cannot be objective, since they suffered a lot of punishment and barely engaged in combat, but the last one left standing, denied a mid-table objective to my opponent thanks to the stratagem.

I did not score the secondary of killing his priest, only 10 points from to the last and 12 from octarius, except for two turns I scored the maximum of the main one and my rival was unable to answer them.

I think you have to adapt, there is a lot of potential in this book, even with this list that is not very sharp, I was able to win in the end by a comfortable 20 points to an opponent with a much more tested and polished list.

We have a lot of new toys and in the codex marines there are toys that fit us perfectly

As a funny note (not for my rival) in 5th turn he scored at the end, he managed to kill me good grimaldus and thus scored the maximum assassination and score his angels of more units in the enemy deployment zone, I had to my termis and he to two vanvets. Well, he killed grimaldus, I used the stratagem of fighting with a character who did not fight that turn, I deleted them, at the end of the phase I resurrected grimaldus and thus denied him a significant amount of points

I won the game, but it is possible that I lost a friend XD

Next weekend i will play against thousand sons

Edited by MindEraser

Nice. I think we are very good against armies which confront us. Especially Blood Angels should be one of the best match ups we have. 

Hope to hear from you after your secound match.

@BBF.... I already  watched it. the same here. BA are not good against us I think. You can see it in the BR.

Edited by Medjugorje

I had a 1250 pt. game today against Death Guard (The Inexorable)

1x LoC (Fugaris Helm and Ferric Blight)

1x Malignant Plaguecaster (Smite, Miasma of Pestilence, Curse of the Leper)

2x10 Poxwalkers

2x7 Plague Marines, each with 1 meltagun

3 Deathshroud Termies

1x Noxious Blightbringer

1x Biologus Putrifier

1x Tallyman

1x Foul Blightspawn

1x PBC (entropy cannons)

Secondaries: Spread the Sickness, Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker

My list was:

Bike Chaplain (Master of Sanc, WT: Iron Resolve and Paragon of Fury, Tannhauser's Bones, Littany of Hate, Littany of Divine Prot, Littany of Oath of Glory)

Emperor's Champion

10x Intercessors with Autobolt Rifles and 2x Grenade Launchers

10x Assault Intercessors with 1 Thunder Hammer

5x Infiltrators

1x Redemptor Dread with Macro Plasma, Storm Bolters, Onslaught Gatling and Icarus Rocket Pod

4x BGV, Sgt has Champion of the Feast and Icon of Heinmann

3x Eradicators with Plasma Rifles

Vow: Uphold the Honor of the Emperor

Secondaries: Assassinate, Oaths of Moment, Centre Ground (mission secondary)

The Mission was Center Ground (pg. 291 of Core Rulebook)

My opponent was the attacker and I was the defender so chose deployment zone and began deploying first.

My opponent seized the initiative and went first.

Here is how the map looked at the end of deployment:

gallery_95196_16551_115956.jpg

Here are ground shots of BT and DG deployments:

gallery_95196_16551_90793.jpg

gallery_95196_16551_350071.jpg

Turn 2:

gallery_95196_16551_402181.jpg

End of Turn 2 in the Middle. BGV holding up against DS Termies in the back.

gallery_95196_16551_201250.jpg

The final score of the game was a whopping 91-32 for the Black Templar.

Now to be fair, my opponent is very new to 40k. He only has about half a dozen games under his belt.

He made 4 very big mistakes (before and during) the game:

-He had 6 characters. Waaaay too many points in characters. LoC, Malig Plaguecaster, Noxious Blightbringer, Biologus Putrifer, Foul Blightspawn, and Tallyman. A lot of this is due to just not having his models all painted yet. He's still working hard.

-He did not charge my infiltrators in the center of the board on turn 2 with his Plague Marines. They would have died on my turn 2 from counterpunch, but he would have disrupted my Oaths and Centre Ground mission objective and denied points to me, as well as gummed up my line for a turn.

-He moved his PBC OUT from the wall where it was deployed and made my redemptor dreadnought charge easier.

-He Heroically Intervened with his LoC into Bike Chaplain, which was exactly what I wanted, so I could tank his big hits with Tannhauser's Bones.

So while I don't think this particular battle was a great data point to judge the strength of the army, all the things I expected to happen did happen, and more or less did function as anticipated. The BGV sgt with Champ of Feasts and Icon of Heinmann last forever against DST, and the Bike Chap is an absolute tank.

Heretics Purged:

All

Loyalists Embraced by The Emperor:

Chaplain on Bike

3 Infiltrators

7 Assault Intercessors

10 Intercessors

3 BGV

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

So. I already had my first game. I played Tennhausers Mos on Bike, An Ancient Breviary Primaris Chaplain, Helbrecht 2x 5 Intercessors, 2x Incursors, 1x10 Primaris Crusadersquad with Seal of Sigismund and 2 Fists, 1 Assault Intercessorsquad with Fist of Balthus.

1x5 BGV with... of Heinman

1x5 BGV with a winner of the blade of feats with -1 dmg relic.

3 Impulsors with MM and a Selfless Healer which was insane in combination.

Played against 2x5 Destroyers

2x10 immortals

2 doomsday arks

2x6 scarabs

Destroyer Lord and Lord

3 Canoptech Spieders

He played the Obsec + pregame-move Dynasties.

I´ve had won 93 to 66. 

played 5 marker mission and this is usually a very good MArine mission. 

Sec. Oath with 13 points ( need 3 turns to get into the center to hold it with my BGV and was not able to kill much characters / Monsters etc..

Direct Assault with 15 points

Stranglehold with 15 points

40 points seems not overwhelming but against obsec Necs its not that easy to score much. 

EDIT: NICE

9x19 Parabellum - great reportl

Edited by Medjugorje

So. I already had my first game. I played Tennhausers Mos on Bike, An Ancient Breviary Primaris Chaplain, Helbrecht 2x 5 Intercessors, 2x Incursors, 1x10 Primaris Crusadersquad with Seal of Sigismund and 2 Fists, 1 Assault Intercessorsquad with Fist of Balthus.

1x5 BGV with... of Heinman

1x5 BGV with a winner of the blade of feats with -1 dmg relic.

3 Impulsors with MM and a Selfless Healer which was insane in combination.

Played against 2x5 Destroyers

2x10 immortals

2 doomsday arks

2x6 scarabs

Destroyer Lord and Lord

3 Canoptech Spieders

He played the Obsec + pregame-move Dynasties.

I´ve had won 93 to 66.

played 5 marker mission and this is usually a very good MArine mission.

Sec. Oath with 13 points ( need 3 turns to get into the center to hold it with my BGV and was not able to kill much characters / Monsters etc..

Direct Assault with 15 points

Stranglehold with 15 points

40 points seems not overwhelming but against obsec Necs its not that easy to score much.

EDIT: NICE

9x19 Parabellum - great reportl

I like this list, it's a great spread of units and nice use of numbers and transports!

Looks fun to play :)

I had my mini tournamet with following list:

HQ:

Primaris Chaplain on Bike as Warlord (115)

- Litanies: Devine Protection + Litany of hate

- Relics:Tennhausers Bones

- WL-Trait: Iron Resolve

Primaris Techmarine (80)

TROOP:

Crusadersquad (90)

4 Initiates with Chainsword

Sword Brother with 2 Chainswords

Cusadersquad (110)

3 Inititates with Bolter

1 Initiate with Melta

1 Sword Brother with Combimelter

Crusadersquad  (110)

3 Initiate with Bolter

1 Initiate with Plasmagun

ELITE:

Company Veterans (138)

4 Company Veterans with Stormshields and Chainsword

1 Company Veteran Seargent with Fist of Balthus + Stormshield as Winner of the Feast of Blades

Bladeguard Veterans (125)

2 Bladeguard Veterans and Bladeguard Veteran Seargent with Sword of Judgement + Seal of Sigismund

5 Scouts with Shotguns (70)

ASSAULT:

ATV with Multimelta and Crux Obisidian (100)

Land Speeder with Multi Melter (70)

TRANSPORTS:

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Land Speeder Strom (55)

Land Speeder Storm (55)

... compared with the other list its a MSU concept. It worked really well  except for one game against Iron HAnds. But in regular missions I think it would have better results. 

The markergame we can play relly good. 

Edited by Medjugorje

I had my mini tournamet with following list:

HQ:

Primaris Chaplain on Bike as Warlord (115)

- Litanies: Devine Protection + Litany of hate

- Relics:Tennhausers Bones

- WL-Trait: Iron Resolve

Primaris Techmarine (80)

TROOP:

Crusadersquad (90)

4 Initiates with Chainsword

Sword Brother with 2 Chainswords

Cusadersquad (110)

3 Inititates with Bolter

1 Initiate with Melta

Crusadersquad  (110)

3 Initiate with Bolter

1 Initiate with Plasmagun

ELITE:

Company Veterans (138)

4 Company Veterans with Stormshields and Chainsword

1 Company Veteran Seargent with Fist of Balthus + Stormshield as Winner of the Feast of Blades

Bladeguard Veterans (125)

2 Bladeguard Veterans and Bladeguard Veteran Seargent with Sword of Judgement + Seal of Sigismund

ASSAULT:

ATV with Multimelta and Crux Obisidian (100)

TRANSPORTS:

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Land Speeder Strom (55)

Land Speeder Storm (55)

... compared with the other list its a MSU concept. It worked really well  except for one game against Iron HAnds. But in regular missions I think it would have better results. 

The markergame we can play relly good. 

Nice leaning into Firstborn here! What Vow did you take, the 5++ one? Did that help the Rhinos a lot?

I'm just starting to get really concerned for not having seen a shipped mail yet

Mine "shipped" Friday but didn't actually go anywhere all weekend. I suspect we're seeing worker shortages on all sides on this one.

Found out that mine hade not shipped due to a glitch. Order contained Sergeant Castus as well, who is now made to order. The glitch as it were prevented the order from being split (so castor is shipped sepperately). hopefully i'll see it shipped soon and still get it during the week.

Best of luck!