hall of honor

Medjugorje

GW treat sisters 9th codex as "well balanced"(indeed it is really well written) and don't put any buff/nerf to it. I don't think BT would have much better tournament performance than sisters.

in terms of statistics we have at the moment. But we will see it in a few weeks how well our codex does it.

GW treat sisters 9th codex as "well balanced"(indeed it is really well written) and don't put any buff/nerf to it. I don't think BT would have much better tournament performance than sisters.

in terms of statistics we have at the moment. But we will see it in a few weeks how well our codex does it.

Ya but remember that sisters managed to secure their stats in the middle of full power drukhari and ad mech and Orks. Thir main counter of plane spam and barrage has been nerfed whole sale.

Ya but remember that sisters managed to secure their stats in the middle of full power drukhari and ad mech and Orks. Thir main counter of plane spam and barrage has been nerfed whole sale.

and now we are sistsers nightmare

and now we are sistsers nightmare

I...don't really follow. What makes templars a nightmare for them, when marines weren't an issue in the first place. The 5++? Bring able to brawl in the middle a bit with them? I'm genuinely curious.

what are the most powerful weapons which every sisters list brings on tournaments?

Domions - mortal wounds (we have 5+++)

Mulitmelta squads - (we have minitranshuman and 5++)

zephirim which gain obsec and hit+wound rerolls -  makes 7 dead marines on average with 5++ but without any FnP. Remaining marines kill them normally. With judiciar and devout push we make them fight last.

what are the most powerful weapons which every sisters list brings on tournaments?

Domions - mortal wounds (we have 5+++)

Mulitmelta squads - (we have minitranshuman and 5++)

zephirim which gain obsec and hit+wound rerolls - makes 7 dead marines on average with 5++ but without any FnP. Remaining marines kill them normally. With judiciar and devout push we make them fight last.

You really didn't answer my question.

Saying "they reduce 33% of the expected output" then I'm sorry, but psychic fortress has been a viable option for a long time and has not delivered on the promise of 5++ redemptors vs sisters. The judiciar is also a bit silly saying that an extra 3" for a single target fight last that can be pre measured around is going to be a deal breaker. Oh, and because push also happens at the start of the phase, the player who's turn it is decides sequence. So if you're being charged, you won't even get to use it. Multimeltas are going to shoot the dreads first and foremost...

Like "my ancillary units will have a 5++ where they couldn't before, and I might get an extra 3" to tag fight last against sloppy play in the second round of combat".

Certified. Nightmare. To play against.

It also ignores that they bring a huge set of options to tournament and still place. Their tech is very diverse and can easily circumvent the defensive boost of BT. Like the 3 units of storm bolter dominions in the third place list last weekend. Or mortifiers. Or ebon shroud seraphim.

John Lennon stopped playing sisters because of barrage and flyer spam. It what was able to break his mid field castle and allow celestine to be gunned down. Marines don't have anything like that. They can't trade a unit strong enough to kill Celestine in melee, just for her to come back and the army kill your unit for free.

What will actually make templars be a "nightmare"?

5+ isv can't really protect against multi-melta spam. They have miracle dices, every single hit go through could cause serious damage.

When against high number, low dmg weapons such like assault hellblaster, we could say "5+ isv reduced about 1/3 damage suffered". But sisters meltas have very different mechanics.

Edited by Tokugawa

Devout push with the Judicar does work.

In your turn. Not in your opponent's.
Push can be used on opponent's fight phase, but can't enter engagement range from outside now. Use the 1cp to buy oathkeeper for judiciar is more operable.

What I'm saying is that regardless of the reliability of threading that range band, because both push and tempormortis are used at the start of the phase it's up to the player with turn priority to decide which happens first. So your opponent will say "use the ability first and then you can push, too bad".

you are the controlling player. He can choose when both player have abilities in the start of the fight phase who can activate their stratagems first. But If you have 2 abilities then you can decide which one you can do first.

No; read the rules for sequencing. They say nothing about the balance of rules ownership, just that if there are rules that need to be resolved simultaneously, then the player with turn priority decides the sequence. It's 100%, crystal clear, and I can't believe I'm having this debate with an avowed tournament player.

Push on judiciar is bad. It's bad because the range is unforgiving and requires perfect placement and opponent ignorance, and it's bad because it doesn't work in the most important phase.

It does not hard counter sisters of battle; the only nightmare it's created is trying to make people read one of the first rules in the book.

I played that always like that. But the situation came just one time in a friendly. Most times the opponents were aware of this and simply didnt charge.

This faq helps a bit - it can be complicated to figure out in a big scrum…

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/OQ1TeUZ6hxw5jp1e.pdf

this not on debate. Its just the debate if your opponent can force you to choose one unit to have "fight last" and then able to use devout push.

aside from this discussion. I was on a RTT yesterday with 2 friends ( all 3 played Templars^^). And one week before we went on another RTT ( one friend played the BT ).

I will post down all 4 lists and give a few data on the matchups and results. All 2 tournaments were pre FAQed but with new BT supplement of course.

• 4 months later...