hall of honor

Medjugorje

A melee army is like Blood Angels or White Scars. It moves toward enemy units to engage in combat. The Ultramarine army has counter assault elements to deal enemy melee units that reach their lines. They are two completely different things. Typically armies with counter assault units are still shooty as heck.

A melee army is like Blood Angels or White Scars. It moves toward enemy units to engage in combat. The Ultramarine army has counter assault elements to deal enemy melee units that reach their lines. They are two completely different things. Typically armies with counter assault units are still shooty as heck.

as our top lists in this supplement will be. So yes. We are like Ultramarines - is that really what we want to be, as we see us? 

I would say BT are way more close to WS and BA then to UM or IF. But all good lists will look more like UM or IF builds.... Thats my problem with the new dex.

The only thing I really want to see about new Templars is see them to win.

I think the style of new templars would going closer to sisters. Sisters have many many good melee tools but not a typical "melee army".

Edited by Tokugawa

How do you know that you watched the same videos?

YT is not that big. There are not that many BR.

And other BR are often posted here in B&C.

but honestly, I think too much on competitive game and then 99 percent of all lists that excist are not good.

And I am too depressed about that book so that I see too many things so negative.

Brothers! I have glorious news! For today, I have bested the Vile Xenos that claim to have an eternal empire!

My Black templars have laid low the unclean Necrons during their incursion.  They were scouting the area in a reconnaisance mission for some vile purpose, and my battle brethren accepted this challenge. The firstborn proved themselves still worthy of their place among the galaxy. They engaged on all fronts successfully, and the Vile Overlord was laid low by the Champion of the feast wielding The fist of Belthas. Indeed, the Xenos came back for seconds, only for the Champion to end his threat for good! The Marshal, Hereward The Jolly, distracted the Warlord's Lychguard, taking a near mortal wound but managing to claw his way to victory and destroy the elite squad with the help of his chaplain.

When The Xenos used their foul sorcery to drop a bomb directly on the marshal and his Chaplain, they formed a Line of steel with a squad of warriors. Hereward  charged in and fought their way past this line, striving to strike down the last remaining command before the Foul xenos retreated from the field. Though the battle was won at the cost of a few brothers, The light of the emperor shined on us this day, and gave us total Victory!

Edited by Tiger9gamer

How do you know that you watched the same videos?

YT is not that big. There are not that many BR.

And other BR are often posted here in B&C.

but honestly, I think too much on competitive game and then 99 percent of all lists that excist are not good.

And I am too depressed about that book so that I see too many things so negative.

I see the conflict of both being disappointed and also trying to make it work. Hopefully the disappointment doesn't color your perception too negatively forever, or prevent you from enjoying playing the game and your army. There was surely a sweet spot (ideal army, loadout, whatever you prefer) before the update, there is surely a sweet spot after. Do you think there is some amount of time that will pass where you can just accept the situation as it exists, and not as you want it to be? I feel like that holds lots of us back from enjoying the game sometimes. And life, I guess, but who cares about that? :P

Brothers, Tosay I have bested Blood Angels on their game. That was a close match but, I tabled them at the end of round 4!

Crusade on and can give info and list If you demand.

Suffer not the unclean to live!

Edited by BayOkuz

Brothers, Tosay I have bested Blood Angels on their game. That was a close match but, I tabled them at the end of round 4!

Rejoice! share, brother, and show us how you bested the sons of sanguinius!

It has been a long long time since I have engaged in 40k, but since when are Black Templars a melee army? When I started with them in '98 they were always a Space Marine army with fanatical elements. Some of that is shooting, some of that is melee, but they were never supposed to just be a wave of berserkers running across the field.   

I like this new dex. I can run mid range shooting and feel confident that our faith in the Emperor will see us through melee (chaplain buffs, characters, 5++, etc). It's perfect for my interpretation of Black Templars, warriors of the Emperor willing to take the fight to the enemy, but also Sons of Dorn who know how and when to use the holy tools of war. By the bolter, the flamer, and the chainsword will heresy be purged. They aren't idiots who don't understand the value of killing your enemy before they can kill you, or to use dedicated anti-armor weapons to defeat vehicles and monsters.    

I really love the feel of this supplement. It got me back into wanting to play.

Edited by Praesul

so - in 2021-11-13 and 2021-11-20 I partizipate in 2 tournaments which different lists. I expect lots of hard Meta lists. I hope my sacrifice will help us all.

one list is 

++ Vanguard + Patrole Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [100 PL, -1CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

+ No Force Org Slot [2 PL, 30pts] +

Servitors [2 PL, 30pts]: 4x Servitor, 4x Servo-arm

+ HQ [18 PL, -1CP, 355pts] +

Captain in Gravis Armour [6 PL, 115pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Iron Resolve, Master-crafted power sword, Tannhauser's Bones, Warlord

Chaplain Grimaldus [7 PL, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 2. Psalm of the Remorseless Persecution, Artificer Crozius, 3x Cenobyte Servitors, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistol

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: Chapter Command: Master of the Forge [1 PL, 20pts], Forge bolter, Frag & Krak grenades, Grav-pistol, Mechadendrite, Omnissian power axe, Rites of War, Servo-arm, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

+ Troops [5 PL, 90pts] +

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 90pts]
. 4x Initiate [72pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Sword Brother [18pts]: 2x Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites [64 PL, 1,315pts] +

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

Vanguard Veteran Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack [1 PL, 15pts]
. Vanguard Veteran [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]
. Vanguard Veteran [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]
. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]

. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 155pts]: Twin lascannon [20pts]
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 155pts]: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon [20pts]

+ Fast Attack [5 PL, 100pts] +

Invader ATV Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: The Crux Obsidian [1 PL, 15pts]
. Invader ATV [4 PL, 85pts]: Bolt pistol, Multi-melta [5pts], Twin auto bolt rifle

+ Dedicated Transport [6 PL, 110pts] +

Land Speeder Storm [3 PL, 55pts]: Cerberus launcher, Heavy bolter

Land Speeder Storm [3 PL, 55pts]: Cerberus launcher, Heavy bolter

++ Total: [100 PL, -1CP, 2,000pts] ++

Edited by Medjugorje

The list is below:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [67 PL, 7CP, 1,338pts] ++
+ Configuration +Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) Chapter Selection: Black TemplarsDetachment Command CostGametype: MatchedUnit Filter: Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends UnitsUse Beta Rules+ Stratagems +Strategem: Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics+ HQ +Chaplain Grimaldus [7 PL, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 4. Fires of Devotion, Artificer Crozius, 3x Cenobyte Servitors, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistolPrimaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Absolver Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Master of Arms, Rites of War, Stratagem: Heir of Sigismund, Tannhauser's Bones, Twin Bolt rifle, Warlord+ Troops +Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt PistolAssault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt PistolPrimaris Crusader Squad [10 PL, 183pts]: Bolt Carbine. 5x Primaris Initiate w/Chainsword & Heavy Bolt Pistol: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol. 4x Primaris Neophytes: 4x Frag & Krak grenades. Primaris Sword Brother: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power sword+ Elites +Bladeguard Veteran Squad [11 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: Icon of Heinmann. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Champion of the Feast, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Storm ShieldPrimaris Apothecary [5 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: Absolver Bolt pistol, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Frag & Krak grenades, Reductor Pistol, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Crusader's HelmRelic Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 175pts]: Cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin volkite culverinTerminator Assault Squad [10 PL, 230pts]: The Crux Obsidian. Assault Terminator Sergeant. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer. 4x Assault Terminator w/THSS: 4x Storm shield, 4x Thunder hammer++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [32 PL, -3CP, 660pts] +++ Configuration +Chapter Selection: Black TemplarsDetachment Command Cost [-3CP]Unit Filter: Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends Units+ HQ +High Marshal Helbrecht [8 PL, 160pts]: Attendant Thrall's Fists, Feroicity, Frag & Krak grenades, Sword of the High Marshals+ Elites +Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor FistVanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Holy Orb, Jump Pack. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shieldVanguard Veteran Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield++ Total: [99 PL, 4CP, 1,998pts] ++Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net 

Edited by BayOkuz

The list is below:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [67 PL, 7CP, 1,338pts] ++
+ Configuration +Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) Chapter Selection: Black TemplarsDetachment Command CostGametype: MatchedUnit Filter: Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends UnitsUse Beta Rules+ Stratagems +Strategem: Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics+ HQ +Chaplain Grimaldus [7 PL, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 4. Fires of Devotion, Artificer Crozius, 3x Cenobyte Servitors, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistolPrimaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Absolver Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Master of Arms, Rites of War, Stratagem: Heir of Sigismund, Tannhauser's Bones, Twin Bolt rifle, Warlord+ Troops +Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt PistolAssault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]. 4x Assault Intercessor: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt PistolPrimaris Crusader Squad [10 PL, 183pts]: Bolt Carbine. 5x Primaris Initiate w/Chainsword & Heavy Bolt Pistol: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol. 4x Primaris Neophytes: 4x Frag & Krak grenades. Primaris Sword Brother: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power sword+ Elites +Bladeguard Veteran Squad [11 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: Icon of Heinmann. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Champion of the Feast, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Storm ShieldPrimaris Apothecary [5 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: Absolver Bolt pistol, Chapter Command:  Chief Apothecary, Frag & Krak grenades, Reductor Pistol, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Crusader's HelmRelic Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 175pts]: Cyclone missile launcher, 2x Twin volkite culverinTerminator Assault Squad [10 PL, 230pts]: The Crux Obsidian. Assault Terminator Sergeant. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer. 4x Assault Terminator w/THSS: 4x Storm shield, 4x Thunder hammer++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [32 PL, -3CP, 660pts] +++ Configuration +Chapter Selection: Black TemplarsDetachment Command Cost [-3CP]Unit Filter: Hide Imperial Agents, Hide Legends Units+ HQ +High Marshal Helbrecht [8 PL, 160pts]: Attendant Thrall's Fists, Feroicity, Frag & Krak grenades, Sword of the High Marshals+ Elites +Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor FistVanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Holy Orb, Jump Pack. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shieldVanguard Veteran Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw, Storm shield++ Total: [99 PL, 4CP, 1,998pts] ++Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net 

If you make the vanguards 1 full squad you only have 6 elite slots so you dont have to spend 3 CP on the extra detachment.

If i remember correctly you can just combatsquad them for the 2 5 man squads. You do lose the sarge from one of them but the 3 CP should be worth it.

Or am I missing something?

The list is below:

If you make the vanguards 1 full squad you only have 6 elite slots so you dont have to spend 3 CP on the extra detachment.

If i remember correctly you can just combatsquad them for the 2 5 man squads. You do lose the sarge from one of them but the 3 CP should be worth it.

Or am I missing something?

Thats actually, a great advice! I will urely arrange that accordingly