space wolf paints KT - Intersession KT Alpha Legion! 18 Apr

space wolf

9 hours ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

Wow, that gives it a totally different feel to the regular dusty, rusty look. It will be hard to spot those Greenskins.

Unless they're purple orks... but then again you don't see those anyway independent of surroundings :laugh:

Job well done on the terrain pieces! They look very climatic!

Thanks guys. It was very easy ti do. Just prime grey, slather a bunch of burnt sienna oil wash all over. Splash in some burn umber and yellow ochre to taste. Finish it up with some dark green on the bottom. Longest part kf that was the drying time. 

Then cut out some thin plasticard, glue on the bottom, add your choice of mud texture paint/paste, let dry. The use thinned pva to glue down some green sawdust flock and ground tea leaves. Then superglue on your grass tufts. The moss was created using cheap foam flocking from hobby lobby. Just make lines of superglue on the piece, pat/sprinkle on the flock, then tap off and give it a good hard blow of air to make sure the stuff that will stick is stuck. 

Then just paint your lights and you're done.  I know it was a legthy explaination, but asside from drying times you could get most of it done in a day.  Very little skill required.

as for whats next: well, it may be a minute because I'm not buying the Into the dark box...but once the kroot get released, I plan on doing them up like the predator to compliment my Kommandos.  And at some point ill get around to doing an alpha legion intercession team. All this and I still have not played a single game of killteam

Edited by space wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, those mossy ruins are awesome - amazing how different they look from a more traditional "junk yard" paint scheme.

BTW, did you do anything to keep the posts from the smallest platform on?  I'm struggling with that for the set I am about to paint up.

@space wolf This was a welcome return to come see your updates... :wub: Terrain is very well done and as stated by others, the simple change to adding foliage has turned the awesome level up to 11 :thumbsup:

HaHa.... i had the exact same idea to make the Kroot into predators :cool: I'm sure yours will kill mine but I'm still going to do it... I was thinking to sculpt predator helms over their standard masks and turn their quills into predator dreadlocks... 

cannot wait to see what you do with yours!?!

Cheers, Mithril 

@Dr_Ruminahui I'm not sure what you mean? Are talking about the little tiny platforms that aren't pictured? Putting these together I just used plastic glue. However if I had to do all over again,, I'd use gorilla glue superglue gel. That stuff is BOSS!

@Sgt.Sangha, thank you!

@mithrilforge thanks so much! As for the kroot, go for it! The only way to get it done is to practice by doing! The very thing you were suggesting you would do is exactly what I was going to do, lol. Great minds must think alike. 

Edited by space wolf

• 5 months later...

@Firedrake Cordova thanks brother! I'm having a blast doing them up.

Finished my first two. One is my bolter guy with the relic rounds and the sweet scope. The other is the grenade launcher guy.

IMG_20230228_083915.jpg

IMG_20230228_084028.jpg

@Valkia the Bloody @Brother Sutek thank you guys! Mist if the patience requires is to let stuff completely dry. Honestly, if GS would cure faster, I'd be done with a guy in like 40 minutes lol.

Last two for the starting line up.

IMG_20230305_153112.jpg

IMG_20230302_120746.jpg

Edited by space wolf

@Pearson73 thank you! It took quite a while but im glad they are all done. I had considered just doing the minimum six, but I figured I may want to change it up depending on if it's into the dark or normal octarius type terrain. So I went with ALMOST a full roster of 11, as I can never see NOT taking the grenadier.

Finished up my Intercessor Sgt. You'll never guess what his name is...

IMG_20230320_082423.jpg

20230320_070833.jpg

I'll be on a business trip for 3 weeks, so this will be my last update for a bit.

Edited by space wolf