Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine II - Q3/Q4 2024

And here's the FAQ.

Q: Who is the protagonist in Space Marine 2?
A: As in Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, the main protagonist of the game is Titus, a captain of the Ultramarine's Space Marine Chapter.

Q: Who is the voice actor of Titus?
A: As unveiled at The Game Awards 2021, Titus will be voiced by Clive Standen (Vikings, Taken).

Q: Is the game canon to the Warhammer 40,000 lore?
A: Like the original Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, this sequel is a fully licensed and Games Workshop approved video game that is 100% faithful to the universe of Warhammer 40,000.

Q: On which platforms will the game be available?
A: The game will release on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC.

Q: When will the game be released?
A: We'll announce a release date as soon as we're ready, but we're focused on the development of the game for now.

Q: Will there be preorders?
A: Preorders are not yet available, we’ll make an announcement when they are.

Q: How is the development going? Will there be a Beta?
A: The teams are fully focused on game development, and it’s still too early to talk about a Beta. 

I told you guys Relic wouldn't be involved.

Happy to finally see this finally revealed! I knew this was getting made for awhile but had to keep it under my hat. Glad that Focus and Saber were able to bring it back.

Wispy I forget did you work on SpaceMarine 1? I thought you were on DoW 3, but I could be completely mistaken.

I'm sorry to hear Mark was to much dough, his voice really sold Titus.

Are you still @ Relic?

I breath a sigh of relief that Titus crossed the Rubicon, as it means the awful plot points of the planned sequels aren't happening.

Although mischievous part of me would've liked to witness the reaction of the 40k community to Titus escaping from the Inquisition and setting up his own Chapter, as was the initial plan.

It wasn't so much a planned plot but some initial inklings Raph had in his head for a sequel that he got to express in an interview after the fact. Those inklings weren't run by GW licensing at all and having done narrative design on a few Warhammer games at this point i don't think it would ever have flown. I always thought the next stop for Titus should have been with the Deathwatch, myself.

Raph is cool though, he went on to found Hinterlands and has had quite a bit of success making the Long Dark.

Yeah he's a lieutenant - his helmet colors match to the ones outlined in the Codex Astartes - very interesting. Perhaps his only way to prove his purity was by crossing the Rubicon? Interesting series of events if so.

Codex structure of the astartes provided below:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/9/96/CodexAstartesHeraldry.png/revision/latest?cb=20170802072855

Edited by Skywrath

I told you guys Relic wouldn't be involved.

Happy to finally see this finally revealed! I knew this was getting made for awhile but had to keep it under my hat. Glad that Focus and Saber were able to bring it back.

Wispy I forget did you work on SpaceMarine 1? I thought you were on DoW 3, but I could be completely mistaken.

I'm sorry to hear Mark was to much dough, his voice really sold Titus.

Are you still @ Relic?

I worked on Dawn of War 2: Retribution as a writer and then was dropped into Space Marine for a few weeks towards the end to help out. Basically everyone in the studio ended up working on it to get it out the door. I just did a bunch subtitle timings and other miscellaneous stuff. Mostly i was playtesting. I was on DOW3, like you said, in another narrative role, and woof, that was experience. I actually really enjoyed my role and work on the project, shame the game wasn't well recieved (i will always insist it was a good game on its own merits, even though it was wrong for the DOW franchise).

I'm no longer at Relic. I joined Gasket Games right after it founded and we released Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground earlier this year. Can't say what I'm working on right now but I'm having a lot of fun. :smile.:

Edited by Wispy

I really enjoyed how nonchalant and casually disdainful Titus was with the heavy bolt pistol. He doesn't even keep it drawn, he just whips it out from the holster whenever he wants, blowing out peoples' kneecaps.

Edited by Tyberos the Red Wake

Oh... Saber Interactive...

I still have PTSD from doing QA on one of their titles from ages ago. Legit not sure how I feel about this one.

Brother, I started out as an itty bitty N1SB in a game startup, was a participant in the Independent Games Festival as part of a Game Developers Conference in the early noughts.  I'm not saying my experiences were yours, only that I know where you're coming from.

So I know there are layers of Non-Disclosure Agreements or other little things where you don't even want to risk saying too much.  What I ask is this: what can you safely tell us that gives us an idea of what to expect from Space Marine 2 please?

Really excited for this. I really liked Clive Standen in Vikings so I'm looking forward to his performance.

I hope so, I love him in Vikings. Great to see him involved in the 40k universe

Edited by Sarvis

This ain't space marine 2 this is primaris boo

Amazing they finally have continued it I had completely given up hope. If they completely skip over how Titus proved himself loyal and only focus on being a primaris then it'll be annoying maybe a slim hope they will have a mixture of him being an oldmarine and then finally becoming a primaris after he has proved worthy of rejoining the chapter.

What does it really matter if he’s primaris or little marine? At the end of the day the only difference in the game is how is armor looks. Very much not a big deal, and silly to complain about, as if they would be anything but the highest selling iteration of marines in GW history. Edited by Sarvis

SPEEES MAHREEN!

Yes I’m so excited to see this back!

No Mark Strong is a huge strike out of the gate for me. His performance of Captain Titus brought real nuance to what would otherwise be a fairly bland character.

Problem is that since Mark Strong preformed that character, he’s become far more famous, and far more expensive.

I guess Primaris jump packs are confirmed

It's got modern style grav fins on it, while duel thrusters like the classic mk7 jump pack...

Wondering if its the design team getting privvy to something upcoming... or they got license to design something, as the jumppack segments were clearly a fan favourite in the original game.

Oh... Saber Interactive...

I still have PTSD from doing QA on one of their titles from ages ago. Legit not sure how I feel about this one.

Brother, I started out as an itty bitty N1SB in a game startup, was a participant in the Independent Games Festival as part of a Game Developers Conference in the early noughts.  I'm not saying my experiences were yours, only that I know where you're coming from.

So I know there are layers of Non-Disclosure Agreements or other little things where you don't even want to risk saying too much.  What I ask is this: what can you safely tell us that gives us an idea of what to expect from Space Marine 2 please?

Oh no no, let me make clear right here and now that the title I worked on was from a decade ago (literally, a decade ago). I currently have no involvement with the gaming industry, and in no way have any knowledge of the inside workings of Space Marine 2.

I'm certain that many or most of the devs have changed over the years, and I also want to make clear that my personal hesitancy stems very much from a "you don't want to see how the sausage is made" sort of angle. Doing a quick lookup, Saber Interactive seems to have found a fair amount of success doing generally well-received ports of titles to other platforms, and their World War Z title seems to have found an overall positive reception as well.

I wish them all the best, and I hope they knock it out of the park with Space Marine 2.