Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

Do you think we get the first part of the last act of the siege this year?

I am excited for the conclusion and frankly to be finished.

Also I am somewhat confused about the Throne of Light book, isn't this set a prequel or set like 100 years before the other books so how can there be a big E reveal, wouldn't it already be known in the first books? I am probably messing this up but keeping track of all of this requires a personal assistant at times. Maybe the next version of Siri.

Entirely possible the Siege ends this year. Pretty much certain we’ll get at least one installment since they’ve already revealed the cover art.

Yeah, given the cover art reveal and ADB mentioning that he "finished a novel" in September (I'm not super up to date with his other works, but I would assume that's the Siege book?), I'm expecting Book VII quite soon, maybe April or May? Then the last book could potentially come in late 2022.

I'm surprised we haven't had any further word (that I'm aware of) on the remaining Primarchs books. It's coming up on a year since Alpharius.

Do you think we get the first part of the last act of the siege this year?

I am excited for the conclusion and frankly to be finished.

Also I am somewhat confused about the Throne of Light book, isn't this set a prequel or set like 100 years before the other books so how can there be a big E reveal, wouldn't it already be known in the first books? I am probably messing this up but keeping track of all of this requires a personal assistant at times. Maybe the next version of Siri.

Entirely possible the Siege ends this year. Pretty much certain we’ll get at least one installment since they’ve already revealed the cover art.

Yeah, given the cover art reveal and ADB mentioning that he "finished a novel" in September (I'm not super up to date with his other works, but I would assume that's the Siege book?), I'm expecting Book VII quite soon, maybe April or May? Then the last book could potentially come in late 2022.

I'm surprised we haven't had any further word (that I'm aware of) on the remaining Primarchs books. It's coming up on a year since Alpharius.

Alpharius LE was released on the same day as Mortis LE, back in Jan 21!

That hasn't actually been confirmed, has it? We know an upcoming work by Dan Abnett has grown to the point that it's now two books, but as far as I know it hasn't categorically been stated to be the Siege of Terra novel.

Now sure, based on what we know about BL's upcoming schedule, contextual analysis and derivation, etc., it seems most likely to be his Siege of Terra novel(s).

I'm just pointing out that it hasn't been confirmed one way or another.

Alpharius LE was released on the same day as Mortis LE, back in Jan 21!

Ah fair point, maybe I was thinking of the regular release? Past it now then.

That hasn't actually been confirmed, has it? We know an upcoming work by Dan Abnett has grown to the point that it's now two books, but as far as I know it hasn't categorically been stated to be the Siege of Terra novel.

Now sure, based on what we know about BL's upcoming schedule, contextual analysis and derivation, etc., it seems most likely to be his Siege of Terra novel(s).

As far as I'm aware, nothing confirmed on that front, no. The afterword of Warhawk says, "There are only two further instalments to come". That was written in February 2021 of course, so entirely possible it's out of date, but it's still the latest "official" word I'm aware of.

I was expecting it and here it goes:

So, regrettably, we’ll soon be increasing prices a little.

In many cases, this will be about 5%. So, as an example of what you can expect on most kits, a box of Space Marine Intercessors will go up just £1 from £35 to £36.*

A few things are going up about 10% (e.g. books, scenery, resin miniatures), and there are a couple of outliers (e.g. Blood Bowl teams and metal miniatures) which are going up around 20%.

The price change will come into effect on the 7th of March.

It's still a bit annoying they announce the price increase shortly after reporting their annual profit being one of the highests. I consider their books already overpriced and I really hope they will not sneakily increase prices of ebooks as that would be quite hypocritical. And let's hope they will stick to 10% for other currencies as well.

Big companies like GW are vile at the top. It’s the same with super markets and farmers at the minute. A lot of these companies have profited massively from covid but still expect more and more, and won’t shoulder any of the cost increases out there.

Good point. I may have jumped the gun there!

Does anyone have a release date for the Space Marine successor chapter omnibus?

I was hoping it would be out on Black Library Celebration Day, but it's not mentioned in the WarCom article.

It’s out on Celebration Day according to fnac. As usual whoever wrote the WarCom article couldn’t be bothered to check their work and make sure they included every title.

Woop, they FINALLY managed to record the audiobook for Grim Repast!

Grim Repast, Kragnos: Avatar of Destruction, Astorath: Angel of Mercy and The Successors ALL dropping audiobook releases on the 26th!

I'm extremely surprised by The Successors getting an audiobook at all, since they can't be bothered to do anthologies usually (which I consider a mistake, especially with stuff like WHH or WHC) but it is certainly appreciated.

Let's check new Amazon listings, shall we?

The Twice-Dead King: Ruin paperback is out in August, Reign is dropping mid to late October.

Regular hardbacks for Huron Blackheart: Master of the Maelstrom and Sigismund: The Eternal Crusader and the paperback for Dawn of Fire: Throne of Light are dropping early to mid May.

Catachan Devil, paperback, is listed for the end of March, about two weeks after Ghazghkull, which is listed as paperback, but at its pricepoint I doubt it's not a hardback short novel.

No word on Inferno! whatsoever, as far as I can tell. They did the Inquisition anthology as "Inferno! presents", but that's the last we've had. It's disappointing to see how that supposedly quarterly series hasn't even managed to do bi-annual releases after its first year.

Does anyone have any clue that if the Huron book is about the time the Red Corsairs captured Guilliman for a short period back at the end of the 7th edition when we had rise of the primarch and fall of cadia campaign expansions released? Or is it about the red corsairs during the Dawn of Fire setting and the Indomitus Crusade?

Does anyone have any clue that if the Huron book is about the time the Red Corsairs captured Guilliman for a short period back at the end of the 7th edition when we had rise of the primarch and fall of cadia campaign expansions released? Or is it about the red corsairs during the Dawn of Fire setting and the Indomitus Crusade?

‘Huron Blackheart is the master of the Red Corsairs, but keeping power is never certain for those renegades who have renounced the Imperium. With the galaxy thrown into turmoil by the return of Roboute Guilliman, and new challenges to his authority emerging within his own ranks, Huron must call on every trick he knows to stay in control… and alive. But even a warrior as ferocious as the Blood Reaver must be wary, for although there are still bargains open to him, not all are ones he should rush into…‘

I think it’s likely a post-rift story, but maybe we’ll get flashbacks of Guilliman and Huron’s interactions.

Does anyone have a release date for the Space Marine successor chapter omnibus?

I was hoping it would be out on Black Library Celebration Day, but it's not mentioned in the WarCom article.

It’s out on Celebration Day according to fnac. As usual whoever wrote the WarCom article couldn’t be bothered to check their work and make sure they included every title.

Sure it can be frustrating when lore errors crop up on WarCom, but I'd imagine with regards to BL pre-orders they just print what they are told to.

Anyway, the hardback Successors is confirmed for the Celebration. I can't afford the hardbacks right now, so I'll wait for the paperback.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/13/sunday-preview-new-models-and-epic-tales-for-black-library-celebration/

edit: spelling and link.

Edited by byrd9999

Where does that Astorath novel fit into the current Blood Angel novel timeline? Does anyone have a list for the books from Dante to the current time?

While I have not read the book, I believe it takes place between Devastation of Baal and Darkness in the Blood.

Track of Words has them in the same order, too.

• Dante by Guy Haley
  • Mephiston: Blood of Sanguinius by Darius Hinks
  • The Devastation of Baal by Guy Haley
  • Mephiston: Revenant Crusade by Darius Hinks
  • Astorath: Angel of Mercy by Guy Haley
  • Darkness in the Blood by Guy Haley
  • Mephiston: City of Light by Darius Hinks

By the way, the Appendix of The Wolftime has a section about Kor Phaeron's actions in Segmentum Solar. I'd consider it a teaser for the upcoming Dawn of Fire 4: Throne of Light.

Biding his time until the first of the fleets had set sail and, crucially, when Roboute Guilliman himself was absent from Terra, Kor Phaeron of the Word Bearers launched a large attack across the Segmentum Solar. His targets were primarily shrine and cardinal worlds, with the first major action taking place at Talledus. Here, as at Gathalamor, the Iron Warriors joined forces with the Word Bearers in a system-wide invasion. It was to be only the first. The aims of the Word Bearers were primarily religious in nature, concerned as they were with undermining the faith of the Imperial populace and replacing it with their own. So great was the despair prevalent in the post-Rift Imperium, the Word Bearers’ dark priests found ready listeners on even the most devout of planets, and the number of rebellions they provoked quickly spiralled, while dedicated hunter-fleets actively sought out and destroyed the Black Ships of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica to starve the Emperor of sustenance.

Recognising that such uprisings often preceded full-scale war by the Word Bearers, and suspecting that the destabilisation of the Segmentum Solar by Kor Phaeron was the beginning of a two-part strategy to attack Terra itself, the high command of the Imperium diverted multiple battle groups to deal with the threat, negatively affecting progress elsewhere. Led by elements of fleets Tertius, Quartus, Quintus and Sextus, these forces were unable to prevent the situation rapidly degenerating into chaos. Despite many Imperial victories, each pacification of a rebellious world was followed by another uprising, in a pattern that was hard to predict.

Throne of Light's description:

The Indomitus Crusade continues its war across the stars. The primarch Roboute Guilliman has finally broken through the orkish threat bedevilling the sectors near Fenris and makes ready to push on in his bid to stabilise Imperium Sanctus, but old foes have returned.  

Kor Phaeron, the Dark Cardinal, threatens the previously stable core of the Segmentum Solar. Waves of rebellion instigated by his evil priests suggest imminent, large-scale invasion by the Word Bearers Legion. Worse yet, the Dark Cardinal’s warriors are targeting the Black Ships, threatening to starve Terra of the psykers the Emperor needs to survive. 

Through this turbulent warzone Inquisitor Rostov continues his search for the Hand of Abaddon. Yet when strange, miraculous visions are traced back to the astropathic relay on Srinagar, his quest is diverted, for the visions are a foretelling of hope for the Imperium, a hope the fanatical worshippers of Chaos will do anything to snuff out…

It's interesting that they actually included this sort of information months ahead of Throne of Light even getting announced. Funnily enough, a prior section also "spoils" Guilliman's return to Ultramar in Dark Imperium.

This appendix more than those before it also try to root the various Warzone supplements since 8th into the timeline; not fixedly so. The Pariah Nexus is being teased, Octarius is mentioned, as is the Wolves' hunt for Thraka in Saga of the Beast, following after The Wolftime itself. Vigilus is also brought up.

It wouldn't surprise me if we'll get direct references to the other Psychic Awakening installments in the upcoming appendices, allowing us to finally reconstruct a feasible timeline and hopefully allowing for authors to tackle novels about those supplements that tie more naturally into the unfolding narrative.