Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

Got my eisenhorn edition, that I said I wouldnt buy…. It’s nice, the illustrations are a little underwhelming, but the notes from Dan make for a fun read. Just scanning through them over such a familiar book is good fun. The notes will in places help a novice BL reader understand the universe a little better but are also a nice touch for the many many eisenhorn geeks out there who know the books really well.

All in all at first glance a worthy addition to Dans inquisition books. I’ll admit I wasn’t keen when this was announced, as I really want an edition to match the Magos. But I’m nicely pleased with this.

Edited by Knockagh

Quick sell out for the ravenor book. I’m sure the popularity of this will ensure that we will continue to see great classics rereleased in limited format rather than doing more general release reprints. Selfishly I’m glad to see a nice edition for a book I love but I do hope new younger readers are able to get hold of these classics in an affordable format.

Looks like Robert Rath’s Assassinorum: Kingmaker is up for preorder on March 26th. Very much looking forward to this. A good 40k Assassinorum novel has been one of the glaring absences of the BL catalogue, and Rath’s short stories show he’s more than up to the task.

https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a16824434/Robert-Rath-Assassinorum-Kingmaker#omnsearchpos=13

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Kingmaker as well. I'm a fan of all of the books Rath mentioned as inspiration for this novel, plus I agree it fills a bit of a niche within Black Library fiction.

I also grabbed The Successors and enjoyed that, although I'm glad I wound up just getting the eBook as the extra nine bucks for the hardback would have been just enough to feel like a ripoff in terms of value.

Has the release date been changed for Throne of Light by Guy Haley? Amazon Canada has it out on May 10 but according to the Warhammer Coming Soon page, the book is supposed to release in April. Has it been delayed?

Amazon’s usually off by a few weeks compared to BL/GW’s release schedule, they also go by the regular Tuesday street date instead of Saturday like GW does. Sigismund and Huron Blackheart are supposedly out May 10th as well, which is unlikely.

Catachan Devil is going up for preorder on Saturday, with audiobook

Traitor General and Ashes of Prospero getting audiobooks too.

Looks like they really were waiting for The Wolftime to release before they'd tackle the last audioless Space Marine Conquests book. Makes sense, considering it can be taken as a direct sequel (Njal returns from the vision quest he left for at the end of The Wolftime).

Dark Imperium Redux is dropping in paperback too, the others should follow soon after.

Catachan Devil is going up for preorder on Saturday, with audiobook

Traitor General and Ashes of Prospero getting audiobooks too.

Looks like they really were waiting for The Wolftime to release before they'd tackle the last audioless Space Marine Conquests book. Makes sense, considering it can be taken as a direct sequel (Njal returns from the vision quest he left for at the end of The Wolftime).

Dark Imperium Redux is dropping in paperback too, the others should follow soon after.

Having read and enjoyed Wolftime, is Ashes worth a listen?

I have only read parts of the book, but was hoping to listen to the audiobook if/when it got released.

It got panned by a lot of people when it originally released, and it seemed more like it sidestepped 8th fluff / Indomitus for its main narrative. Even its canonicity got questioned, but now with Dawn of Fire, it'll probably slot in better. Also: It features Lukas!

We have a few upcoming omnibuses/collections

Empire at War - Warhammer Chronicles (October 2022)
Omnibus of classic stories from the old Warhammer Fantasy universe.

The Empire is the largest and most powerful realm in the Old World. Founded by the warrior-god Sigmar, it is built up of city-states and provinces that are now bound together under the rule of the Emperor Karl Franz. Only through the actions of its valiant heroes has it repelled the numerous invasions brought against it. And in the far north stands Kislev, one of the Empire’s staunchest allies and the first bastion against the rampaging Chaos hordes beyond… This omnibus edition collects together three tales of heroism and sacrifice focusing on the dour but courageous Winged Lancers of Kislev, the doughty rank and file of the Imperial halberdiers and the pious warrior-priests of the Sigmarite faith. Also included are an array of short stories focusing on the many fighters of the Empire.

The Soul Drinkers Omnibus (September 2022)
Great value omnibus featuring the illfated Soul Drinkers!

Genetically engineered superhumans, the Space Marines stand foremost among the warriors who protect the Imperium of Man. The Soul Drinkers have served the Emperor loyally for thousands of years, but their obsessive desire to retrieve an ancient relic throws them into conflict with those they are honor-bound to obey. Faced with an impossible choice, will this proud and noble Chapter back down, or rebel to forge a new destiny for themselves among the stars? The Soul Drinkers Omnibus collects together the novels Soul Drinker, The Bleeding Chalice, and Crimson Tears into one action-packed edition!

Fabius Bile: The Omnibus (August 2022)

Fabius Bile is known by many names: Primogenitor, Clonelord, Manflayer. Once a loyal son of the Emperor’s Children, now he loathes and is loathed by his brothers. Feared by man and monster, Fabius possesses a knowledge of genetic manipulation second to none, and the will to use it to twist flesh and sculpt nightmares.

Now a traitor amongst traitors, Fabius pursues his dark craft across the galaxy, from the Eye of Terror to the tomb world of Solemnace to the Dark City of Commorragh itself, leaving a trail of monstrous abominations in his wake.

This omnibus edition collects together the novels Primogenitor, Clonelord and Manflayer.

I saw also Eisenhorn omnibus but can't find it anymore. Mortarion and Echoes of Eternity regular hardbacks are now listed for September 2022.

For May 2022 we have The Vincula Insurgency: Ghost Dossier 1, Huron Blackheart: Master of the Maelstrom, Sigismund: The Eternal Crusader (Sigi is listed on BL coming soon for April so we can expect it to drop in the second half of the month, it would then match retailers listing for for the beginning of May).