Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

Is Ian St. Martin writing warhammer 40k books anymore? I would like to read the sequel of his Lucius the Faultless blade. Just like Fabius Bile got a trilogy, I would like the prospect of the Lucius book getting sequels/ continuation of narrative.

Is Ian St. Martin writing warhammer 40k books anymore? I would like to read the sequel of his Lucius the Faultless blade. Just like Fabius Bile got a trilogy, I would like the prospect of the Lucius book getting sequels/ continuation of narrative.

He works for Riot Games now, like Graham McNeill, Laurie Goulding and Anthony Reynolds. That doesn’t preclude him writing for BL, Graham obviously has continued to do so, but he’s probably quite busy.

Interesting that they are doing a Limited Edition for Khârn: Eater of Worlds. I wonder if this is going to be an ongoing trend of circling back and doing new limited editions of older books

That’s been happening already to a degree. All of Abnett’s Inquisition works have gotten the limited edition treatment.

Interesting that they are doing a Limited Edition for Khârn: Eater of Worlds. I wonder if this is going to be an ongoing trend of circling back and doing new limited editions of older books

Let’s also hope they will release an audio version alongside it!

I’ve really enjoyed the audio/limited edition releases of the classics.  

Were we expecting the Huron book in a special edition version?  I am happy they are doing one, but I think the artwork is a bit crappy and too similar to the Thraka SE from last year.  

Also, great to see the coming soon page updated yet again!

I'm so confused by how they're taking both Huron models out of the store "rotation" - GW and FW - just in time for the Huron novel to get a proper release window....

The Khârn special edition makes me think they'll do an audiobook to go along with it, and maybe, just maybe, they're actually planning for another Khârn story in the near future.

And not a single new AoS book really makes me scratch my head - especially because they just pumped out a few. Pacing, BL, pacing...

Maybe there's a new Huron model planned for co-release.

But other than that, BL and GW releases don't seem to have much in the way of deliberate tie-in releases. Really we've had, what the Indomitus and Dominion novels to coincide with the big box set releases of new game editions?

The BL Celebration Week miniatures had almost nothing specifically to do with the actual books.

Wanted to get Assassinorum Kingmaker today but doesn't appear to be listed on any of the usual big (UK) third party seller sites, just GW direct. Anyone else seen it in the wild?

They might list it later. I only hope this isn't going follow the current patter the regular hardbacks sell out within the pre-order window. The Infinite and Divine was gone within a day or two and some LGS had to cancel pre-orders because GW informed them they're not getting any copies (not the first time happening, happened to me with Manflayer). There's absolutely no way GW is struggling to print more copies, it is their decision to do so, they can easily adjust the scheduled catalog. I don't take "paper shortage" excuse. If they can push reprint of Soul Drinkers now, there's nothing in their way to postpone it and prioritise and increase the print run of new releases. Is this how they are trying to "force" people to buy ebooks?

I have checked the GW UK and it seems they set a limit for the regular hardback to 1 per order. I don't order from the UK so not sure if this is common. Maybe GW is trying to fight scalpers buying multiple copies? Krieg/The Successors were up on eBay right away, sellers listing multiple copies. And of course, people paying those ridiculous prices ($100 per regular hardback) only to encourage this behavior.

Wanted to get Assassinorum Kingmaker today but doesn't appear to be listed on any of the usual big (UK) third party seller sites, just GW direct. Anyone else seen it in the wild?

Looked for it on Audible and its not up yet afaik but thats not uncommon unfortunately

Same here, the usual 3rd party seller does not have it for sale. Clearly there is some reason for it, which we may guess at.

I'm 25% in Assassinorum Kingmaker and I can highly recommend it. I would also suggest reading the previous three short stories by Rath. The two Assassins he introduces in those stories are one of the main protagonists in the novel and also some plot lines might to play an important role later on (only hints so far).

I have only ebook right now, still waiting whether the LGS will get a copy.

Catachan Devil is going up for preorder on Saturday, with audiobook

Traitor General and Ashes of Prospero getting audiobooks too.

Looks like they really were waiting for The Wolftime to release before they'd tackle the last audioless Space Marine Conquests book. Makes sense, considering it can be taken as a direct sequel (Njal returns from the vision quest he left for at the end of The Wolftime).

Dark Imperium Redux is dropping in paperback too, the others should follow soon after.

Having read and enjoyed Wolftime, is Ashes worth a listen?

I thought that Wolftime was a much better book than Ashes of Prospero. I think Ashes was meant to be a tie-in novel to the HH boxset they released years ago and then it was repurposed to fit in primaris sort of (they are mentioned but don't actually appear at all). I almost didn't get wolftime because of it if I'm being honest. 

If you are looking for a space wolves story to listen too Saga of the Beast was pretty decent IMO

I'm 25% in Assassinorum Kingmaker and I can highly recommend it. I would also suggest reading the previous three short stories by Rath. The two Assassins he introduces in those stories are one of the main protagonists in the novel and also some plot lines might to play an important role later on (only hints so far).

I have only ebook right now, still waiting whether the LGS will get a copy.

Where are you getting your ebook from so early?

Also, the latest incarnation of Visions of Heresy is being added to Warhammer+, which is quite an interesting development

I will be interested in how they package it for the Vault.  Haven’t been very impressed with how the background books have been done so far.

I recently noticed Spear of the Emperor paperback is available on neither the main GW store or on Amazon, which is a shame as I would like to read it again (in handheld form), as it is slowly morphing into my favourite ADB book of all time - and I spilt coffee all over my previous copy. Here's hoping for a new print run soon!