Upcoming BL Stuff - 2022

Adding to my personal wishlist for this year:

A Squat related release in any written form.

Gimme a novella, novel or a series. I'm down for everything!

I’d be shocked if we don’t see at least a novel about them to accompany the army release. I wonder who the author will be.

*badum tss*

Perhaps Werner? He has some history with the Kharadron Overlords of which I'm reminded of when looking at the article and model.

Other candidates (imho): Guymer, Hinks or Crowley

Edited by Kelborn

If there is a squat tie-in novel it will already be in the works as they are saying later this year for their faction release.  Only the likes of Guy Haley could churn out a novel from a ‘now’ standing start and he appears to have a lot on his plate already.  More likely it will be someone with an inside track like Clark.

If wish listing I would think Hinks, Guymer or Werner most likely to get the gig.

Since we're wishlisting here, wouldn't it be perfect to get Josh Reynolds back to write the League of Votann tie-in novel?

I bet he'd love to do it!

Maybe holding back for tie-in with the Heresy 2.0 release, or at least near it rather than same weekend? (to avoid totally crashing the site!)

I've been really surprised, for years now, that the gaming side of the studio hasn't made more of an effort drum up sales by tying-in to the Siege novel series.

Maybe they're finally getting their act together...?

Edited by byrd9999

I think I’ll lose it if they do both in the same weekend though.

Of course they will. GW marketing department love nothing more than a fan frenzy, an almost complete collapse of the web site followed by a week of constant fan moaning. It does a better job for their ego and pretty much guarantees that the next release will be even more of a frenzy.

Sigismund’s up for preorder on the 16th, while Throne of Light and Soulslayer are out on the 23rd. That leaves Brook’s Blackheart novel out on the 30th presumably. Thanks as always to Fnac: https://www.fnac.com/e65968/Black-Library?SFilt=1!34 Edited by cheywood

Pariah Special Edition confirmed for next week: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/10/sunday-preview-beer-brutality-and-blood-bowl/

I’ve managed to stay away from the Special Edition reprints so far, but I’ll probably grab this to match my copy of Penitent.

Yeah, I think I’ll probably try and get one too. I really like these covers and I already have Penitent. 

Here's a small update on the upcoming books:

The Wraithbone Phoenix - Alec Worley (Crime novel) - 18 Aug 2022, ISBN 9781800262140

Kerenski Diaries - Paul Kearney - 27 Oct 2022, ISBN 9781789998245 (this was originally scheduled for April 2021, still can't find anything else about it)

Inferno (paperback) - 01 Nov 2022, ISBN 9781800261402 (no other info atm)

I wonder if the Kerenski Diaries is real. Kearney mentioned working on it years ago in a since deleted goodreads comment. Maybe it’s destined to roam forever on the unmanaged corners of the internet, like The Warmaster did for years.

My guess, if it’s real, is that it’s a horror novel. Kearney’s written some (pretty good) stories for the imprint.

Edited by cheywood

Can't say I understand why the Echoes of Eternity thread has been locked? One of the most anticipated Black Library publications of all time and yet anticipatory discussion has been blocked simply because of a few cringeworthy posts which could've been deleted? Bit of a shame tbh

Can't say I understand why the Echoes of Eternity thread has been locked? One of the most anticipated Black Library publications of all time and yet anticipatory discussion has been blocked simply because of a few cringeworthy posts which could've been deleted? Bit of a shame tbh

Both of my new threads made recently have been locked.  I simply won’t go to the effort of starting any more conversations as seemingly innocuous topics get closed off, with no explanation given to me as the OP.  They were discussions about books, I don’t understand why any offending responses couldn’t have been deleted instead.  

=][=

For better understanding, threads were not locked solely because of off topic posts (which by the way consumed almost two entire pages in just a single one) but rather were a culmination of recent tendencies of derailment and loosing focus on the overall thread topics.

Even after a friendly hint/ advice, we had several members continuing to discuss obvious off topic/ whish thinking of certain members within an hour after the advice was given. Thus the moderative action of locking and giving everyone a pause and refocus was taken. If people expect to ignore certain winks from the Mod team and nothing will happen, that shows a certain lack of foresight and tact.

Being "most anticipated" (albeit an opinion of such) does not preclude the rules.

Aside from that, we received no requests of reopening for any thread. The option of writing a pm is always available for every member of this community regardless if we explicitly mention it or not and it certainly is a more direct and quicker way of discussing such topics as we have here.

Thus we conserved the status quo until now.

The Siege of Terra 7 thread will be reopened but will be watched with eagle eyes.

The Ravenor hints for SoT 8 thread will not be reopened as an example of how a thread can derail until it is locked due to off topic discussion.

Do not hesitate to contact us via the pm system if you have any further questions.

=][=

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion but I’d prefer not to have threads for specific upcoming books at all. They seem to become dumping grounds for circular speculation.

While I do agree that the singular threads become choked up with off topic chaff, I quite like the separate threads for each book as it (selfishly) allows me to ignore them until I’ve caught up and read that particular story.  Maybe if they were not created/accessible until the books were released into the wild there would be less of the off topic speculation?  Just my 2c.