Anger and Arrogance - Event

TrawlingCleaner

Yeah, I'm working on my third vow now, so you should be good.

When I asked, we're supposed to split vows along faction lines as well, like I shouldn't try to do both some Word Bearers and Nurgle Daemons in the same vow, but done as two separate.

I, The Plague_ Lord vow to complete an Iron Warriors Master of Possession and a squad of chaos cultists by May the 16th for a total power level of 8.

Welcome Plague_Lord! Iron Warriors are getting a glorious outting in this event so far! :happy.:

I have no idea what the PL are because I have played once since 7th.

However, I want to paint this dude for the honor of Khorne.

I, Teetengee vow to complete a khornate raptor for a total of ? power level for the glory of the Blood God.

If I can find more pics of some of the models I'd been working on for that unit I'll get those too, but I need to get painting again.

Welcome Teetengee! I love this guy's flail! Very suitable for the Lord of everything skulls :biggrin.:

Update on my vow-

today I finished doing my Night Lords terminators and the Champion.

So now I am onto Fabius Bile.

Those Terminators are bloody gorgeous, keep up the great work!:sweat:

I didn’t see this in the first post, so I’ll ask: can we make additional vows once we have completed our first? I might wanna throw in conscript some of my grey plastic horde if that is the case, my sons Plague Marines are going faster then anticipated and I feel the need to cleanse my hands of these filth

As Wrath pointed out, you can make as many as you like as long as you've painted the previous one. Vows should be split up into the seperate factions too :smile.:

I, conscriptboris, vow to complete; 1 Sorcerer, 10 Chaos Space Marines & 2 Greater Possessed, for a total of 22 Power Level by May 16th for the Black Legion.

I, gaurdian31 , vow to complete: 1 Warpsmith and 1 Dark Apostle for a total of Power Level 8 by May 16th for the Red Corsairs.

Greetings both! Your Vows have taken the Chaos side above 500 PL Vowed!

Currently the Aeldari side has you beaten on completed Vows but Chaos could definitely take it if all are finished :thumbsup:

So I'm not a huge Nurgle/Death Guard fan, and I blame much of that on Black Library. If I read the words "rictus grin" one more time...

But the models are fun

5 more to go, and both this challenge and another Kill Team will be complete

Those Colours are looking great together, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them! :smile.:

I vow 1 obliterator, which is 5 PL

Welcome, Dr! Another purple Oblit, yes please! :thumbsup:

As it turns out that feeling that I had missed something was right; I've now corrected this with painted loincloths - much better! :tongue.:

gallery_30308_10249_28728.jpeg

To make up for it, here is my next vow: 1 Dreadbrute (edit: 6 PL). I'm not sure how many PL it is so I'll need to check unless someone knows off the top of their head:

gallery_30308_10249_3657.jpeg

Some milliput needs to cure and get tidied up so painting will still be starting next week, but as a Dreadnut through and through I'm sure I will get him painted up in short order :thumbsup:

Edited by WarriorFish

As it turns out that feeling that I had missed something was right; I've now corrected this with painted loincloths - much better! :tongue.:

To make up for it, here is my next vow: 1 Dreadbrute. I'm not sure how many PL it is so I'll need to check unless someone knows off the top of their head:

Some milliput needs to cure and get tidied up so painting will still be starting next week, but as a Dreadnut through and through I'm sure I will get him painted up in short order :thumbsup:

I think PL 6.

Very much like your solution to dealing with the imperial text on his shin plate. Get that :cuss outta here! ;)

Edited by Khornestar

Thanks, I've updated my post with the PL :tu: I also filled in the text under the right arm arch front plate too - you don't see them a great deal but that's enough :P I quite like the scrolls and of course skulls are fine, and some wreaths so long as there's not too many but some things are no-nos. I've removed the aquila on the sarcophagus front armour too, maybe room for a transfer if I fancy it :)

Thanks, I've updated my post with the PL :thumbsup: I also filled in the text under the right arm arch front plate too - you don't see them a great deal but that's enough :tongue.: I quite like the scrolls and of course skulls are fine, and some wreaths so long as there's not too many but some things are no-nos. I've removed the aquila on the sarcophagus front armour too, maybe room for a transfer if I fancy it :smile.:

This brings up a question I've been pondering about starting a topic for; What kinds of ideas do people have for corrupting a Contemptor Dread? I was just going to go with a Sons of Horus dread base and maybe do some light alterations given my CSM are Red Corsairs.

Better late then never, here is my pledge:

I, Tallarn Commander vow to complete: 1 Squad of 5 Chaos Marines, for a total of 5 Power Level by May 16th

Photo of vow: Moonslaughter, Felheart, Helll's Angel, Knight of Despair, and Blacksun

gallery_88062_14499_152822.jpeg

The four CSM on the left will be World Eaters and the CSM on the right will be a Night Lord.

For more pictures, wander over to my Bolter and Chainsword Chaos blog: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321042-tallarn-commanders-chaos-night-lords-go-to-a-tournament/?p=5804211

Edited by Tallarn Commander

Thanks, I've updated my post with the PL :thumbsup: I also filled in the text under the right arm arch front plate too - you don't see them a great deal but that's enough :tongue.: I quite like the scrolls and of course skulls are fine, and some wreaths so long as there's not too many but some things are no-nos. I've removed the aquila on the sarcophagus front armour too, maybe room for a transfer if I fancy it :smile.:

This brings up a question I've been pondering about starting a topic for; What kinds of ideas do people have for corrupting a Contemptor Dread? I was just going to go with a Sons of Horus dread base and maybe do some light alterations given my CSM are Red Corsairs.

I am actually toying with the idea of getting a Contemptor and building a little diorama of the Dread being attacked by a swarm of Raptors and the inhabitant being ripped to shreds.

The Dread itself would be painted in loyalist colours, there will be a lot of battle damage and plenty of gore.

This would represent the very moment my pirates ambush some loyalists and steal their shiny stuff.

To make up for it, here is my next vow: 1 Dreadbrute (edit: 6 PL). I'm not sure how many PL it is so I'll need to check unless someone knows off the top of their head:

Great work WF, I hadn't noticed the cloth but I'm looking forward to your next Vow! :biggrin.:

Better late then never, here is my pledge:

I, Tallarn Commander vow to complete: 1 Squad of 5 Chaos Marines, for a total of 5 Power Level by May 16th

Photo of vow:  Moonslaughter, Felheart, Helll's Angel, Knight of Despair, and Blacksun

Welcome Tallarn Commander! I love the guy on the left :thumbsup:

more pics in plog (see sig), but let me know if you think it needs anything else?

That looks fantastic Teetengee! Are they going on a base? That would be my only recommendation :smile.:

I have finished Fabius Bile!

So my first vow of 18 PL is finished. :D

Glory to the Dark Gods!

Fabius1.jpg

I will continue with a second vow!

I, Valkia the Bloody, vow to complete 1 Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, 1 Exalted Champion, 2 Greater Possessed (Creations of Bile) and 1 Heldrake for a total of 24 PL by the 16th of May.

For the greater glory of the VIIIth Legion.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Second_vow.jpg

Heldrake is still not assembled:

Heldrake_sprues.jpg

But I already managed to put together a scenic base for the Heldrake:

Heldrake_Base.jpg

I think we need a few more progress shots in here:

gallery_30308_10249_2639.jpeg

Things are going smoothly, when the white is done it's just the metallics and I'm on to the final details :smile.: Though maybe too smoothly as I need to do some GS work for my planned next vow so I might need another stand in vow...