The Armouring of a Space Marine

Joe

Guerilla Miniature Games and Sword n Steele both also posted stills from this having been shown the video early. Whatever it is GW is using content creators to spread the hype for it far and wide.

I don't think there's any reason to expect it's heralding a big change to either the lore or the hobby. It's almost certainly just a short but super-detailed promo video (similar to the cinematic trailers we saw for the new edition launches for 40k, AoS and Kill Team).

Searching that #spacemarineritual comes up with a few different images such as below:

https://twitter.com/ForMacragge/status/1501625017808957447

The naked Space Marine (well, the top half of the torso anyway!) suggests it's not announcing female space marines.

Though to be fair, in reality (Ha ha! Realistic and 40k! :laugh.:) a female space marine wouldn't look all that much different from a male space marine, as they would be subject to the same modifications and chemical 'boosts' during puberty, that effectively they'll be just as chunky and brutal as their male counterparts. So maybe I'm wrong and it could very well be! 

I'm calling it that it's the Rubicon Primaris process that we'll be seeing :happy.:

Considering all the Ultramarine banners hanging in the background, I'm guessing it's not that.

Taleofpainters ended its article with "courage and honor", also Ultramarines are GW's mainly promo boys. 

I think it's fair to assume they will be Ultramarines.

Interested to see what it is, noneless. 

Edited by Alby the Slayer

Should be interesting.  Always wondered why Astartes have the Astra Militarum symbol on their chests rather than their own :teehee:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperialis

The Imperialis is a Space Marine Honour Badge.

Typically it appears as either a winged skull or a pair of linked wings. Usually the Imperialis is worn on a Space Marine's chest plate, though in some cases it can appear on banners or boltguns, though this is not as common and does not send as bold a message about their loyalty to those around them. The Imperialis, especially when part of the chest plate, is often made from precious metal or some other rare substance inlaid into the surface of the armour so that it stands out to a greater degree.[1]

An ancient symbol with origins in the Horus Heresy, the Imperialis was first used by the loyalist Space Marine Chapters as an army badge, denoting their continued devotion to the Emperor. Since then, it has come to stand as a symbol for the utter loyalty a Space Marine has toward his Chapter and the Emperor, and is usually only worn by those that have sworn and completed numerous oaths of devotion to the Emperor to prove themselves. These Space Marines are favoured by their peers in matters of importance and trust. Chapter Masters also usually only recognise a Battle-Brother’s right to bear the Imperialis if they have overcome some form of temptation and had their loyalty tested, surviving the experience with their faith unbroken.[1]

Due to the influence of Chaos or xenos where the Adeptus Astartes are not immune, the Space Marines with this honour are often selected to hunt down such foes, such as powerful Chaos Sorcerers or xenos witches. Even when the chance of subversion is negligible, many Adeptus Astartes commanders choose such men, as they have complete faith that they will complete their duty. Some of the more sinister of the Imperium's foes also recognise the Imperialis, and it can mark a Battle-Brother for special treatment by xenos or Chaos.[1]

last minute clutching at straws here (with only an hour to go!), but how about these two comparisons below?

Comparison B

Comparison A

Eh, eh? Face looks relatively similar, and the chest plate is of a similar design (without the claw)... 

We know it's blue armour, but it's BLUE! armour from the picture, more muted like the Retributors... 

Ooh, not long to go now! 

I've heard people talking about the Ultramarine symbol having been seen, but I've not been able to find that myself, so I'm going to convieniently ignore that :biggrin.:

I've heard people talking about the Ultramarine symbol having been seen, but I've not been able to find that myself, so I'm going to convieniently ignore that :biggrin.:

This image:

275552118_1323616074817075_2397769989418

:pinch:

Yeah, can't argue with that. Even says Ultramarines on the central banners hanging in the centre... :blush.: