The Armouring of a Space Marine

Joe

I have to admit it was "nice", but not great.

Especially considering the comparisons to the wonderful Starcraft 2 trailer with Tychus Findlay (ref:

).

IMHO, it has too little of armouring a person compared to the above inspiration.

Compared to SC2 piece we have more "filler" (Mechanicum guy, Cherubims flying), and in general it looks lower quality.

My favourite part of Blizz's attention to detail back in the day is the part at 2:48, where we can see rime forming on the socket. Unfortunately we didn't get such detailed eye candy here.

Edited by havlar

Watching this on on the back of the Space Marine 2 Trailer, I'm blown away with how far GW has come with their animations in the last couple of years.

I could nitpick the sense of weight/gravity maybe, but the modelling, texturing, animation and particularly the cinematography here are all so good.

I have to admit it was "nice", but not great.

Especially considering the comparisons to the wonderful Starcraft 2 trailer with Tychus Findlay (ref:

).

IMHO, it has too little of armouring a person compared to the above inspiration.

Compared to SC2 piece we have more "filler" (Mechanicum guy, Cherubims flying), and in general it looks lower quality.

My favourite part of Blizz's attention to detail back in the day is the part at 2:48, where we can see rime forming on the socket. Unfortunately we didn't get such detailed eye candy here.

Cool trailer (never played SC) but the suiting up process looked more like an Iron Man trailer.

I take it you have all watched this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3noMTBIhUQ&ab_channel=Warhammer

Some nice looks behind the video, drawing on Jes's own drawings and others' art, and involving Sarah Wallen, Production Manager of Warhammer Animation, and Ben Jefferson, Main Studio Design Manager, as well as Wade.

Edited by Petitioner's City

Re reading Emperors Spears this morning and this came to my attention… I think it’s a good lore reference point to the comments of “this took too long”

“Amadeus ordered us to machine him into his armour. It took two hours and forty-seven minutes of chanting, blessing and ritualised effort before the final section of battleplate was drill-locked into place. Once it was done, he moved through his full range of motion, articulating every joint to its extreme, repeatedly testing every compression and lengthening of his fibre-bundle muscle cabling. This took a further three minutes and forty seconds.”

Spear of the Emperor - Aaron Dembski-Bowden

Edited by BladeOfVengeance