Rusted Boltgun's WIP

Go to solution Solved by Firedrake Cordova,

My Word Bearer Kill Team was feeling unloved (and unfinished) so I repainted the base rims black. Thought I'd use the pesky VGC (gloss) black as they will be varnished matte at the end. They still need a few details (and the odd arm or head).

The FoL Assault Intercessor squad had some leather and metallic highlights, seals re-established, my standard dark earth basing mixture and some gloss work ahead of decals.

1000014280.jpeg

The Assault Sergeant needs a plasma glow as well as a head.

The FoL will gain a Scout Kill Team next, I think.

Looking good. To be honest, I'm not sure which guys are better ;) And as a loyalist I must stay: this pains me. I think that the variety of bits of armour on the Chaos lads, as well as the greatly different loadouts really helps.

But the colour scheme for the Primaris came together nicely.

I got carried away at lunchtime yesterday. Started something without planning it properly. Here's where I ended up today

1000014499.jpeg

I acquired this old Chaos Terminator without a head or trophy racks. Whilst I'm not a Night Lords fan, I thought this one deserved to be.

1000014497.jpeg

My second proper attempt at greenstuff after my Legion B&C mini-me (way back in this thread) and I'm quite pleased with some elements. As ever, I have rushed it and there are a few mistakes as a result. Hopefully they won't show too much after some paint.

The Fists of Light squad are just about compete! Sarge has a head

1000014564.jpeg

Don't look too closely at the eyes! Looks fine to my dodgy old eyes when held in the hand!

Purity seals got some Bad Moon Yellow to brighten them. 

I've also finished off a couple of missing pieces from the Word Bearer Legionnaires - aspiring champion head and shrieve talon arm 

1000014565.jpeg

That just leaves a shoulder pad and magazine for the rotor cannon.

Didn't stop them facing off against the Kroot in a Kill Team Lite ITD battle. Finished with a face off between the Aspiring Champion and the Long Sight - WB won.

I meant to paint more yesterday but junior wanted to build his ETB Assault Intercessors so I trimmed the pieces as he freed them from their sprue and then we started a little 9e intro battle against his Necrons.