World eaters speculation thread.

jimbo1701

I predict a new (old) daemon engine. I'd hope for something range like the Cannon of Khorne (Epic 40k). The current Khorne super heavy will certainly be in it which is a riff of the old 'blood cauldron' engine.

I also think there'll be a terminator style unit and some rabble that fills the roll of pox walker and tzaangors.

I'd love a ranged unit like Teeth of Khorne but I don't think it'll happen.

Edited by Verbal Underbelly

Geedub would have given at least a hint by now.

You mean apart from the whole "the Red Angel is coming" bit in the 9th ed rulebook?

I get that you don't like Primarchs but to believe GW isn't going to take the chance to do one in this context is comical

More reason to see the rest of the Chaos Primarchs than the Imperial pigdogs. 

All I want to see is Zerkers on Jugger's, and to have that as a mount option for the Lord. Khornegor beastmen would be a bonus too but I wont loose sleep over not seeing them. 

Not sure, but it was at least 4 months between the release of the preorder only army box and the actual codex release.

Eek. I hope they don't drag this out too long, would love to see the world eaters out before the end of the year.

As far as speculation goes I'm betting on a thousand sons size release. Angron, a couple generic characters (no new Khârn) zerkers, terminators, some kind of beast men, and some kind of melee deamon engine.

Edited by Castle Wolfenstein

Clockworkchris is suggesting in the main thread that we’ll be able to take a detachment of daemons without messing with our “super doctrine” bonuses, which is pretty dang cool.

Certainly makes me eager to pile in some daemons of Khorne in a patrol, deep strike a brick of bloodletters, etc.

Clockworkchris is suggesting in the main thread that we’ll be able to take a detachment of daemons without messing with our “super doctrine” bonuses, which is pretty dang cool.

Certainly makes me eager to pile in some daemons of Khorne in a patrol, deep strike a brick of bloodletters, etc.

Angron and a Bloodthirster

The thing that interests me the most about this codex is that for the first time, the mechanics of our codex will be tailored to fit us.

World Eaters have always been one of the most divergent of the Legions, with no psykers and a focus on melee. The fact that a lot of CSM's current viability lies in its psychic powers and things like double-shooting Slaaneshi Obliterators etc means that we've never been able to reach the same potential as other Legions. World Eaters have always felt like an afterthought in Codex: CSM.

I'm also extremely interested to see what GW does with World Eater subfactions. There are numerous warbands of World Eaters listed in the lore, so it'd be good to see some of them get some rules (and, importantly, the ability to make your own). I could see Khârn's Butcherhorde getting bonuses to their move in the first battle round, for example.

Edited by Cheex

I predict a new (old) daemon engine. I'd hope for something range like the Cannon of Khorne (Epic 40k). The current Khorne super heavy will certainly be in it which is a riff of the old 'blood cauldron' engine.

I also think there'll be a terminator style unit and some rabble that fills the roll of pox walker and tzaangors.

I'd love a ranged unit like Teeth of Khorne but I don't think it'll happen.

Sorry to nitpick but if it’s the lord of skulls you’re referring to it is a hybrid of the death dealer and lord of battles, not the cauldron of blood.

Oh we need a character with their foot on a rock waving his arms in the air. I wont be happy if we dont get action foot angry man...

Let's change it up, a foot on some arms waving a rock in the air for our angry men :biggrin.:

Tactical rock throwers standing on a Primaris Lieutenant.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Angron (to think he’s not is ridiculous)

Khârn

Warlord

Butcher Priest (prayers)

Exalted Champion

Icon Bearer

Berzerkers (hooray!)

Cultists

Cult Terminators

Heavy infantry (Some kind of cross between centurions and kastellans)

Dreadnought

Bikers

Jump assault troopers

Slaughter Wagon (combo transport / meat grinder assault vehicle)

Tank of some kind

Blood Shrine (for buffing / ranged protection aura)

Regarding hints, some things get leaked well in advance such as a lot of the new HH releases. We started getting potato-cam shots of the new beakies and Spartan around 6 months ago IIRC.

But the new Knight Abominant was pretty much a surprise with less than a month between unveiling and release. I think GW is perfectly capable of keeping secrets when it suits them and the leaks that do occur are "allowed" (if not exactly staged) in order to drive hype for things that suit GW's needs.

I would have no trouble believing WEs were ready to go in September with Angron leading the charge. I am not saying it will happen, just that GW is perfectly capable of pulling it off.

According to Valrak's stream a few days ago, he was told the new 'zerkers were redesigned when Khârn was. So GW has had them ready for a while

Regarding hints, some things get leaked well in advance such as a lot of the new HH releases. We started getting potato-cam shots of the new beakies and Spartan around 6 months ago IIRC.

But the new Knight Abominant was pretty much a surprise with less than a month between unveiling and release. I think GW is perfectly capable of keeping secrets when it suits them and the leaks that do occur are "allowed" (if not exactly staged) in order to drive hype for things that suit GW's needs.

I would have no trouble believing WEs were ready to go in September with Angron leading the charge. I am not saying it will happen, just that GW is perfectly capable of pulling it off.

According to Valrak's stream a few days ago, he was told the new 'zerkers were redesigned when Khârn was. So GW has had them ready for a while

Fingers crossed, no leather gloves…

Fingers crossed, no leather gloves…

How about boots instead? On an aside, with all the Blood Warrior conversions people made, I wonder if newzerkers will fit in

99120201036_KhorneBloodWarriors03.jpg

For what difference it makes I want them in power armor, and not leather clothing. But we’ll see!

If they’re anything like Khârn I think the AoS-based conversions and kitbashes will still work.

Edited by Khornestar

Something I noticed today during a chat, from the WE community preview:

That’s not all – the codex will contain old favourites, dark legends, and some things that you’ve never seen before.

Who knows what that means? Old favorites as in the same options from the CSM codex? Red Butchers as a unit, or still a strat based upgrade? Dark legends like Khârn, or kits from the current legends roster - like a biker lord or JUGGERLORD?! *froths and breathes heavily* Edited by Khornestar

Something I noticed today during a chat, from the WE community preview:

That’s not all – the codex will contain old favourites, dark legends, and some things that you’ve never seen before.

Who knows what that means? Old favorites as in the same options from the CSM codex? Red Butchers as a unit, or still a strat based upgrade? Dark legends like Khârn, or kits from the current legends roster - like a biker lord or JUGGERLORD?! *froths and breathes heavily*
When it comes to the 'old favourites', I reckon we'll likely see a plastic version of the Forgeworld Blood Slaughterer:

DSC00568-copy.jpg

As Forgeworld did the Greater Brass Scorpion, I expect we'll see a plastic 'Lesser' Brass Scorpion.

I also think it's worth considering models that go back to the days of Epic in the early 1990's - so maybe the Cauldron of Blood (or something like it):

300px-CauldronOfBlood.jpg

There was the Blood Reaper:

http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/1/9/3/9/7/webimg/14357731.jpg

And the Death Dealer:

300px-DeathDealer.jpg

Plus the Lord of Battle, which was meant to be the size of a titan, so maybe they could adapt it to a Knight size unit:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img4a215108c4fb6.jpg

Though these models look pretty janky by the standards of 30 years of progress in miniature design :D :lol: there's concepts and names (at the very least) which could be the basis of units for the World Eaters when the Codex drops.

Edited by firestorm40k

Plus the Lord of Battle, which was meant to be the size of a titan, so maybe they could adapt it to a Knight size unit:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img4a215108c4fb6.jpg

I always thought the Lord of Skulls drew inspiration from this (taking the decades of improvements in modelling into account).

99120102041_LordofSkulls01.jpg

I always thought the Lord of Skulls drew inspiration from this (taking the decades of improvements in modelling into account).

99120102041_LordofSkulls01.jpg

Yes, to me it seems they drew on that and the Death Dealer for the Lord of Skulls.

They could certainly draw elements from these models - or just take the names and come up with a completely new design, like they did for the Blood Slaughterer. Now the original really was a bizarre design, even for the times..! :lol:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bMGTVkIDDE4/UBmelXuxPKI/AAAAAAAABww/BL4upiSbpWk/s400/blood+slaughterer.tiff