Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

In the hardcover edition (not LE) it says to be concluded on the end and the death volume 2

being a bit of speculative, this book probably was published 6 months ago, afterwards send to various locations and so on. When publishing the second they may have decide to make 3 instead of 2. Abnett in the a interview said that the book was very big and had to be divided. Maybe it was supposed to be 2 and then 3. Looking at the sid of HC and LE I don't think it's feasbile to have a book with more than 700. They already are to big. So to not change format/paper and so on they may have decided to publish two instead of one of 700 pages... 

Edited by chevalierdulys

The Black Library website is not letting me even look at the product page for Iron Kingdom, let alone buy an ebook copy of it, every link for it I click just takes me to the ‘all products’ page…

I’m quite looking forward to the Horror anthology, been enjoying AoS a lot lately, so to get the shorts I previously skipped at a reduced price is very welcome.

Edited by aa.logan

4 hours ago, aa.logan said:

The Black Library website is not letting me even look at the product page for Iron Kingdom, let alone buy an ebook copy of it, every link for it I click just takes me to the ‘all products’ page…

I’m quite looking forward to the Horror anthology, been enjoying AoS a lot lately, so to get the shorts I previously skipped at a reduced price is very welcome.

1 minute ago, DarkChaplain said:

Yeah, that's been a bug since at least Saturday morning. They somehow managed to nuke the pages - they were live before, and are still available through the google cache.

Freakin' idiots. They just can't into webstores.

Not the first time this has happened either, but it seems to be back up now. All the product pages are loading correctly.

CONTENTS

The following short stories were originally published digitally in the 2021 Horror Week eShort bundle:

The Vintage, by David Annandale
The Isenbrach Horror, by Darius Hinks
Aberration, by Jake Ozga
Blood Drinker, by James Brogden
Bird of Change, by Richard Strachan

The following short stories were originally published digitally in the 2022 Horror Week eShort bundle:

The Pharisene Paradox, by R S Wilt
The Stacks, by Chris Winterton
King of Pigs, by J H Archer
The Somewhere Sister, by Jeremy Lambert
The Gnarled Bough, by Jamie Mistry-Evans
Pain Engine, by Chris Thursten

The following two short stories are brand new for this volume:

Collapse, by J H Archer
Old Soldiers, by Richard Strachan

I hope they'll shuffle them a bit, because 4 out of 5 in the first batch could be considered a bit repetitive in their horror.

I could be wrong, but neither of the 40k shorts I read (The Isenbrach Horror and Blood Drinker) featured the namedrop. At least I don't recall it. Mhurghast was also absent from the AoS stories iirc.

Maybe they skipped a year, though. I can't comment on the 2022 shorts, since I haven't gotten around to them yet.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:23 PM, skylerboodie said:

I managed to order The End and the Death and The Iron Kingdom special editions from GW last week (one order, UK) but not yet had a dispatch email, which I usually get in the early hours on release day; it's still showing as 'Pending' in my account. Are other UKers in a similar situation? Getting very nervous about receiving my SoT book, given the short supply and warehouse issues!! :cry:

Got any updates? Mine is still pending, this is the first time in years i have such problems, they respond to emails within 4 days and live chat is unavailable for some reasons:confused:

27 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

Got any updates? Mine is still pending, this is the first time in years i have such problems, they respond to emails within 4 days and live chat is unavailable for some reasons:confused:

Lots of people on Facebook BL Nutters group are having the same issue. My shipment was also later than usual (but now says shipped). And the shipping notification also has a warning that due to issues all shipping is taking longer than expected. 

Edit: Crikey, went to check on it because of this topic and they deleted the tracking code :eek: but then remade one later this afternoon... Stop playing games with my stresslevels GW.

Edited by matcap86

27 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Lots of people on Facebook BL Nutters group are having the same issue. My shipment was also later than usual (but now says shipped). And the shipping notification also has a warning that due to issues all shipping is taking longer than expected. 

Edit: Crikey, went to check on it because of this topic and they deleted the tracking code :eek: but then remade one later this afternoon... Stop playing games with my stresslevels GW.

Oh i got no FB, but yeah, wierd stuff happens with the shipping lately, they changed some shipping options.

At least they changed the way you track orders, because before you could check anyones order with all of their private info

Edit: nvm, they haven't changed it, you still can check on anyones order and private info:facepalm:

Edited by OpossumStrong

6 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

Oh i got no FB, but yeah, wierd stuff happens with the shipping lately, they changed some shipping options.

At least they changed the way you track orders, because before you could check anyones order with all of their private info

Edit: nvm, they didn't changed it, you still can check on anyones order and private info:facepalm:

Wait really? That's problematic.

1 hour ago, matcap86 said:

Wait really? That's problematic.

Yeah, and the problem is that's quite simple to do, yet im sure not a lot of people tried it or noticed it, but you can check anyones order, and if they use UPS you can check the package ID and with this ID you can check adress, phone, package status etc.

I'm not sure if anyone can do this, but with UPS custumer account it's only couple clicks.

Edit:on the positive side is that you must know the order number to check this info up, but if you use some "chekers" and auto fillers, you can gather a huge database of personal info, not sure who might be interested in this except maybe mobile market/scammers.

Edited by OpossumStrong

1 hour ago, OpossumStrong said:

Mine still stuck on Pending too; won;t know if they've shipped without updating it until I go to my office on Thursday. I can cope with a delay, but I hope they're not picking from a pile of LEs in the warehouse and that all have gone by the time they get round to ours!

10 minutes ago, Knockagh said:

Point of interest. In the introduction to the new printing of Armageddon ADB says “as much as I’m desperate to write about the Aeldari……” wow! Please Aaron do so and revive my BL interest! That would be fabulous.

What wouldn't I give, so see him continue the Ynari stuff...

On 2/26/2023 at 6:13 PM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Plus fifteen hours is getting the audio treatment 

plus the paperback of The Arkanaut's Oath. I know it's Sigmar novel but it deserves our love eheh

Fifteen hours is probably one of the first novels I've read that really portrayed the hopelessness that exist on that universe and at the same time the Hope that exists. I remember reading back when it was released and feeling that it remind me of some of Sven Hassel novels (I think that's his name). It's not that well written in prose but it's accessible. It never try to be a philosophy work of imperium good/bad or imperial guard good/bad . It's a tragic tale of typical guardsman among the trillions that exist.

As the years progressed others also gave me that impression and probably the best one was Dead Men Walking again by the same author.  I recently purchased the HB of Krieg by him but it has not arrived. But I have to read it.

Edited by chevalierdulys
remove a sentence

16 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

Fifteen hours is probably one of the first novels I've read that really portrayed the hopelessness that exist on that universe and at the same time the Hope that exists. I remember reading back when it was released and feeling that it remind me of some of Sven Hassel novels (I think that's his name). It's not that well written in prose but it's accessible. It never try to be a philosophy work of imperium good/bad or imperial guard good/bad . It's a tragic tale of typical guardsman among the trillions that exist.

As the years progressed others also gave me that impression and probably the best one was Dead Men Walking again by the same author.  I recently purchased the HB of Krieg by him but it has not arrived. But I have to read it.

Dead Men Walking and Fifteen Hours are by different authors. Steve Lyons wrote Dead Men Walking (and Krieg), Mitchel Scanlon wrote Fifteen Hours. They do both have similar points of view on the setting though. 

1 hour ago, cheywood said:

Dead Men Walking and Fifteen Hours are by different authors. Steve Lyons wrote Dead Men Walking (and Krieg), Mitchel Scanlon wrote Fifteen Hours. They do both have similar points of view on the setting though. 

You are correct of course. Don't know why I mix them up. Probably wanted to say about Krieg :\ Oh well. It's a shame Scanlon wrote only three novels. One for each world (at that time).  Thank you for the correction