Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

12 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I’ve flagged it up as a comment in the admin announcement in the main forum that it’s still closed.  The mod who originally closed it did so early in the morning UK time, so hopefully he’s online to sort it out.

I've removed those posts, as they were not on topic for that thread. As the BL sub-forum moderati, @Kelborn or @Brother Lunkhead will be able to unlock the SoT8 thread when they are online.

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I've removed those posts, as they were not on topic for that thread. As the BL sub-forum moderati, @Kelborn or @Brother Lunkhead will be able to unlock the SoT8 thread when they are online.

Thanks, before you deleted my comments was any feedback provided by the website management re: closing the BL threads being unnecessary as the books were already legally available?  I didn’t get chance to look myself before it was deleted.  

9 hours ago, aa.logan said:

Now begins a long, lonely wait.

This hobby*, man…

*possible addiction 

6C831451-1FCD-4500-B54F-68A8739445B1.jpeg

The suspense is killing me … did you get a copy?

18 minutes ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Thanks, before you deleted my comments was any feedback provided by the website management re: closing the BL threads being unnecessary as the books were already legally available?  I didn’t get chance to look myself before it was deleted.  

I will make sure your comments are passed on.

41 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

@Ubiquitous1984, sorry, yes-  I pegged it back to the station  once I’d secured my copy and promptly fell asleep once on the train.

Feel really bad for those in the queue who didn’t manage to get a copy, mind.

Yeah there are a number of people on the Facebook group who missed out.  But they’ve all seemed to take it in good grace, and mentioned that they enjoyed chatting to fellow fans in the queue.  Really pleased that you got one after such a huge trek through the night!

I haven't read/ listend to 'The End and the Death Vol. 1' as of yet, but considering the still open discussion about whether the SoT series will in fact have 2 or 3 volumes of 'The End and the Death', I thought about the artworks of the Limited Editions.

Till now each SoT book (not novella) got artwork for a pair of Primarchs. The only ones left since Echoes are Alpharius, Lion El'Johnson, Konrad Curze and Roboute Guilliman. So 2x2 Primarchs for two volumes. 

Might be a bit of a hunch, but the thought struck me just now

Audible is deranged, I swear: I've been waiting for these books to make it to the platform, and they haven't shown up in pre-orders or new releases at all. If I didn't check this thread, I'd have no idea they were now available.

I managed to order The End and the Death and The Iron Kingdom special editions from GW last week (one order, UK) but not yet had a dispatch email, which I usually get in the early hours on release day; it's still showing as 'Pending' in my account. Are other UKers in a similar situation? Getting very nervous about receiving my SoT book, given the short supply and warehouse issues!! :cry:

16 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

I managed to order The End and the Death and The Iron Kingdom special editions from GW last week (one order, UK) but not yet had a dispatch email, which I usually get in the early hours on release day; it's still showing as 'Pending' in my account. Are other UKers in a similar situation? Getting very nervous about receiving my SoT book, given the short supply and warehouse issues!! :cry:

Mine is pending, loads of other UK people on BL Nutters saying the same.  

27 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Pending as well, was sure it's only me and was a bit stressed :ohmy:

10 hours ago, aa.logan said:

@Ubiquitous1984, sorry, yes-  I pegged it back to the station  once I’d secured my copy and promptly fell asleep once on the train.

Feel really bad for those in the queue who didn’t manage to get a copy, mind.

I showed up at 9.30 as I don't usually buy the limited edition Horus Heresy books and usually when showing up at that time there's no one in the queue so obviously didn't get one, am I getting something wrong or were you waiting since 2am and others showed up at 6? If that's the case I severely underestimated peoples desire for the book.

12 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Aye. Was on late shift, so it took me a bit to catch up on the forum.

Thread is reopened. Enjoy the discussion. :)

8 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I showed up at 9.30 as I don't usually buy the limited edition Horus Heresy books and usually when showing up at that time there's no one in the queue so obviously didn't get one, am I getting something wrong or were you waiting since 2am and others showed up at 6? If that's the case I severely underestimated peoples desire for the book.

I was there at 1, others started arriving after 4. 

The train timetable meant I could either show up *far* too early or probably too late. Had it not been during the half-term holidays, and had United had a home, Saturday fixture I wouldn’t have been able to go at all, but the calendar was kind to me.

The fact that around 10% of the printed copies ended up on eBay before it was even released and went for at least 5x it’s retail price says more about the demand for the book than my willingness to stand in the cold overnight- mild discomfort and sleep deprivation was a lesser price for me to pay, more fiscally and morally.

The staff at the store were lovely, and very apologetic, assuring us that they’d been told changes to the online ordering we’re going to be made, and maybe they will be. 

Getting things back on the topic of upcoming titles, the ‘Coming Soon’ page now has no new titles listed, there’s only omnibuses yet to be released. The most obvious window for Creed and the sniper book that I’m really looking forward to (alongside the models) has passed but I’m hoping that at least one of those is out next week…

10 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

There is a guy auctioning off a copy of the book on BL Nutters (for RRP).  At last count there are 120 people who have entered the raffle.  It’s crazy.

7 hours ago, aa.logan said:

Getting things back on the topic of upcoming titles, the ‘Coming Soon’ page now has no new titles listed, there’s only omnibuses yet to be released. The most obvious window for Creed and the sniper book that I’m really looking forward to (alongside the models) has passed but I’m hoping that at least one of those is out next week…

We might be waiting a while for Longshot unfortunately. Simon and Schuster has it listed as an august release: https://catalog.simonandschuster.com/TitleDetails/TitleDetails.aspx?cid=1440&isbn=9781804070505&FilterByName=Season&FilterBy=15&FilterVal=Summer+2023&ob=0&pn=1&ed=&showcart=N&camefrom=&find=&a=

Maybe it’s coming in hardcover first, but as I recall a lot of the Guard releases have been straight to paperback recently. 

On 2/24/2023 at 3:35 AM, DarkChaplain said:

Does it actually say it'll conclude in volume 2? The ebook apparently just says:

No word about a conclusion. There's no afterword either.

I'm avoiding the book thread because of spoiler reasons, so for those who don't know yet, the hardback says the story will CONCLUDE with Book 2.

9 minutes ago, byrd9999 said:

I'm avoiding the book thread because of spoiler reasons, so for those who don't know yet, the hardback says the story will CONCLUDE with Book 2.

Well that’s a relief. Just goes to show we shouldn’t read too much into cover art and WarCom articles. 

Edited by cheywood