Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

It would have been a nice tool for upcoming releases. But it was never really used effectively. So yeah, no special feelings attached to that.

I commented on BL Insta many times, it takes less than 30 min a week to have a decent account up and running but they can't even do that. I think there was only a single post since December so no wonder they ditched it completely now.

The Necromunda and Blood Bowl facebooks have similar posts I’ve seen this morning, it seems like they’re just consolidating most of the smaller social accounts. 

6 hours ago, theSpirea said:

I commented on BL Insta many times, it takes less than 30 min a week to have a decent account up and running but they can't even do that. I think there was only a single post since December so no wonder they ditched it completely now.

They are bad at marketing in all fronts. IT's the way they publish stuff,, the price of books that make no sense (one LE cadia blood costs 65) but three of dark emperium with box costs 125. The all drama with LE The End and the Death. It's like they don't know and don't care about repercussions. They know they can push their loyal fans and still we buy the books.

And this is just a drop on ocean, the all secrecy on what's going to be released, we are in march now but still their website  tellls february stuff. 

But they won't change. Why change if what they publish it sells?  

I know people working on BL must love the fiction and stuff BUT the marketing people should be people investigating on how to sell, the audience, the numbers of HB, LE , checking possible scalpers etc. Do they know ebay exists?  A person in nutters said that contacted them why he only received Celebration and not the LE and they said, they didn't know what happened but happened with a lot packages. What? How do they not know what went wrong? At least say, we are investigating or something like that. It's awful service... Canceled LE and then it appeared on tuesday and wednesday on their website some copies. It's abysmal the way they work. And then in the end of year, I've heard they didn't make that much money. Wonder why...

You don't understand. They put lengthy backlists in front of their books, including all those dozens of listed titles that aren't actually in print anymore or haven't been in a decade. And they put newsletter ads and ads for the tabletop system into the books. What more do you need? :')

I want a company that could be big and strong and publish more more, more quality, have more support. With the amazon new series , I hope BL  & GW learn with their mistakes... oh well,

By the way, it's confirm, 3 novels this week; all sigmar related , which is rather interesting :) No HB which makes sense (one already had), other is part of series that didn't get any HB and last a short story collection which usually don't get HB as well.

One of the interesting bits is that Arkanut's Oath is "first" full length. which means that more are incoming or there are short stories that connect with this?

The Murghast, to those who've read previous, are these series connected in terms of characters or is just the "place"? Because there have been other horror stuff set in Murghast.

- Black Eyed Saint - 

Book Three in the Tales of Mhurghast Series

A young girl begs the aid of the faithful to rescue a city beleaguered by a sinister malaise.

- The Arkanaut's Oath

A Drekki Flynt Novel

In his first full-length novel, the swashbuckling Drekki Flynt finds himself at the mercy of his nemesis, Rogi Throkk, who sends him to find the fabled talisman of Achromia... or die trying.

- The Resting Places

The following short stories were originally published digitally in the 2021 Horror Week eShort bundle:
– The Vintage, by David Annandale
– The Isenbrach Horror, by Darius Hinks
– Aberration, by Jake Ozga
– Blood Drinker, by James Brogden
– Bird of Change, by Richard Strachan

The following short stories were originally published digitally in the 2022 Horror Week eShort bundle:
– The Pharisene Paradox, by R S Wilt
– The Stacks, by Chris Winterton
– King of Pigs, by J H Archer
– The Somewhere Sister, by Jeremy Lambert
– The Gnarled Bough, by Jamie Mistry-Evans
– Pain Engine, by Chris Thursten

The following two short stories are brand new for this volume:
– Collapse, by J H Archer
– Old Soldiers, by Richard Strachan

So my BL Celebration orders arrived.

Kind of.

The only thing that arrived was 2 (?!) copies of the free book they were giving away with orders. No TE&TD, no First Founding.

At this point, I'm just laughing at myself like "why do you still do this to yourself?"

3 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

So my BL Celebration orders arrived.

Kind of.

The only thing that arrived was 2 (?!) copies of the free book they were giving away with orders. No TE&TD, no First Founding.

At this point, I'm just laughing at myself like "why do you still do this to yourself?"

Is it possible they’re out for delivery separately? My celebration book arrived separately from my Iron Kingdom LE, while my TE&TD LE order was removed from my account by GW without notice and without a refund. At this point I’m half convinced someone in the warehouse is making a killing selling LEs on the side. 

2 minutes ago, cheywood said:

Is it possible they’re out for delivery separately? My celebration book arrived separately from my Iron Kingdom LE, while my TE&TD LE order was removed from my account by GW without notice and without a refund. At this point I’m half convinced someone in the warehouse is making a killing selling LEs on the side. 

Maybe? I hope so? Unfortunately, per the tracking number it just says one package with the status "delivered".

It seems kinda wasteful to me to be shipping multiple small items in separate boxes. Wouldn't that be putting more logistical strain on their system?

7 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Maybe? I hope so? Unfortunately, per the tracking number it just says one package with the status "delivered".

It seems kinda wasteful to me to be shipping multiple small items in separate boxes. Wouldn't that be putting more logistical strain on their system?

Any chance when you go to that weird tracker GW uses there’s two different tracking numbers? That’s how I found out about the books being shipped separately.

I’d think sending things in separate boxes must be less efficient in every way, especially since they used two different services to do the final delivery - UPS and USPS. 

Aha, yeah.

So I was getting two emails from UPS about packages. They delivered two packages; each one containing one of the BL Celebration 2023 booklets.

When I dig into the tracker on GW, it also lists two different numbers. One is listed as "Delivered", the other is listed as "Processing for Delivery". If I dig further, the package listed as "Processing" is significantly heavier than the other. However, unlike the "Delivered" package, the package number has no link to UPS' tracking.

So as best I can tell, I ended up with two copies of the BL Celebration - both boxes of which counted as one package/shipment in the system, and the other, actual items I ordered are a different shipment somewhere in a system but cannot currently be tracked.

I am so confused. :laugh:

11 hours ago, chevalierdulys said:

One of the interesting bits is that Arkanut's Oath is "first" full length. which means that more are incoming or there are short stories that connect with this?

The Lost Karak, Krenkha Gorogna and The Skyborne Grudge available as e-shorts only.

A Game of Diamond, printed in White Dwarf 470.

42 minutes ago, chevalierdulys said:

I bet next week we are getting a new LE. Usually it's every two/three weeks. Either way, let's hope these three released books are avaiable then. Don't want to pay 12 € for postages when the books cost around 37.5€. 

You should be able to get The Arkanaut's Oath, The Resting Places & Black-Eyed Saint from general retailers like Amazon as well. Probably cheaper, anyhow.

1 hour ago, chevalierdulys said:

I bet next week we are getting a new LE. Usually it's every two/three weeks.

The LE of the Word Bearers triology as well as the LE and general release of Cipher are still open. So might be one of them.

18 hours ago, Tolmeus said:

The LE of the Word Bearers triology as well as the LE and general release of Cipher are still open. So might be one of them.

One interesting thing is that Cypher is oging to be released via bookdepository as well. So I guess cypher will be one more as shadowsun, hellbrecht and the others

Why is it that some novels are simultaneously released in different languages along with the English LE and such?

Was surprised to see the Iron Kingdom and The End and the Death Part 1 next to each other in a local bookstore (Germany) while I have to wait for months/ years for other stuff which partially interest me way more. 

Because they're the main series?