Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

Can't find it anymore but noticed Valdor - Birth of the Imperium listed in one of the retailers' sheets as paperback coming out in September. Not sure if it was an error and was quickly corrected and that's why I can't find it anymore.

A5 hardbacks usually don't get paperback treatment (I don't count collected multiple titles in omnibus). Noted down at least the ISNB 9781804075104

1 hour ago, theSpirea said:

Can't find it anymore but noticed Valdor - Birth of the Imperium listed in one of the retailers' sheets as paperback coming out in September. Not sure if it was an error and was quickly corrected and that's why I can't find it anymore.

A5 hardbacks usually don't get paperback treatment (I don't count collected multiple titles in omnibus). Noted down at least the ISNB 9781804075104

The listing’s still up at Browns.

Fnac’s been updated with the rest of March’s releases (barring any additional LEs)

On the 18th Mike Brooks’ Warboss is up for preorder. It came out in LE format last August. Everyone who enjoyed Brutal Kunnin’ should check this out, it’s some of Brooks’ best work: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17884984/Mike-Brooks-Warboss#omnsearchpos=13

On the 25th we’ve got Phil Kelly’s Shadowsun novel. I haven’t read it but I’ve seen a few people saying it’s better than his other Tau work: https://www.fnac.com/livre-numerique/a17886280/Phil-Kelly-Shadowsun-The-Patient-Hunter#omnsearchpos=10

Minka Lesk is getting a miniature alongside an Omnibus of Justin's previous novels & shorts, and a new hardback novel:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/08/minka-lesk-charges-from-page-to-plastic-with-a-stunning-black-library-miniature/

HIsa5A5ojtOanl3o.jpg

7re3mG8gxmfHUOf8.jpg

M7rmPsgHTOirD8Sv.jpg

Edited by DarkChaplain

43 minutes ago, fire golem said:

I like the model, and an omnibus to make it easier to read the released books. Are they worth a read?

Absolutely; I’ll caveat it by saying that I probably preferred his first, non-Lesk Cadian book, but Cadian Honour onward are still worth reading in their own right- though don’t put too much stock in the

recaff

subplot in the first book as it goes absolutely nowhere, unless Hill is playing a *very* long game…

5 hours ago, fire golem said:

I like the model, and an omnibus to make it easier to read the released books. Are they worth a read?

They're a consistently strong Guard series, IMO. Hill's prose is very to the point and isn't for everyone, but I think it's a perfect fit for the stories being told. 

Always nice to see that the same characters on Ebay are selling already books that are not yet released. Glad that there is an Ebay-function to report this.

Edited by Tolmeus

Can ebay really do anything besides selling something they clear don't have this moment?

I mean, not speaeking morally, what can ebay do, when you purchase something for X and sell XXX? 

We should be reporting to GW. Maybe they could grab some information from it (if the person puts the number of limited edition - maybe they can track it therE? by email, I don't know...

Just now, Sothalor said:

What's going up for sale tomorrow?

Cypher LE, Arhiram Eternal & Sicarius (it's an compilation of stories)

And to my eternal annoyance, Crusaders of Dorn still does not include The Eternal Crusader, which is THE big story of Haley's as far as the Black Templars are concerned. It's the companion novella to Helsreach, in a sense. But while the shorts in Crusaders of Dorn build on it, it's not actually part of the collection, because BL decided back then that having a hardback novella & expensive ebook makes more sense than a full-sized SMB anthology. Adding The Eternal Crusader to it would've bumped it up to a reasonably full package, but nope.

...and instead of correcting this error of judgment, they're basically ruling out that The Eternal Crusader will ever get recorded on its own with this move.

I've been wanting BL to finally get their heads out of their collective arses for years on the matter of audio anthologies, and they decide on this.... for shame.

I also managed to get my grubby mitts on the LE Cypher: Lord of the Fallen. Quite pleased, as I am an inveterate Dark Angel fan - and have all the other Dark Angel books in limited edition as well (Luther, Lion El'Johnson, Azrael). 

Really looking forward to reading it - even more, as it is FINALLY a Dark Angel book not written by Gav Thorpe! Huzzah!

Edited by Master Ciaphas

Haven't seen them in the usual places: a few more omnibuses seem to be on their way, as per my local book store:

Lords of Blood by Guy Haley

"This omnibus by Guy Haley contains the novels Dante, The Devastation of Baal, Darkness in the Blood and Astorath: Angel of Mercy as well as the short story Redeemer."

For Honour and Glory

SMC collection, Fist of the Imperium, Apocalypse, and Of Honour and Iron

Hah, so Astorath is included too, as I was hoping. Nice! A few pages back, I'd mentioned the omnibus, but only the German edition was listed at the time, and I had to infer the contents based on the listed translation staff.

Lords of Blood and For Honour and Glory make me think that Space Marine Conquests are well and truly over. There's only a few entries not omnibus'd, but they'd fit well into general Chapter omnibuses anyway.

53 minutes ago, DarkChaplain said:

Lords of Blood and For Honour and Glory make me think that Space Marine Conquests are well and truly over.

A pity! 'Space Marine Battles' and 'Space Marine Conquests' both had fantastic stories. Glad that I have read Apocalypse for example 

It was also a great way of portraying successor chapters and other "minor" factions and the likes aside from entire trilogies or big advertised yet not delivering novels.

Wrath of Iron is still the best IH story, imho and that was one of the earliest SMBs we got.