Upcoming BL Stuff - 2023

Tolmeus

3 hours ago, burnside986 said:

Does anyone have an experience with damaged LEs straight out of the shipper box? I pre-ordered Leviathan LE for local store delivery. Picked it up yesterday and got home to check it out and the spine seems to be broken starting at the extra story and its pulling away from the cover. Is BL good about replacements for limited items? Or will this be a "sorry, send it back and we will shoot out a refund." situation? 

For $75 USD I expected more. 

spinesplit.JPG

That is very unfortunate. I had a similar issue with the hinge on Echoes of Eternity. BL couldn’t replace it since it was out of stock, but they gave me a partial refund of $30 that I used to repair it. BL also gave me the option of a full refund if I returned the book, but I decided against that. 

If you take it to a bookbinder Leviathan should be reparable. I paid I think $50 to have my copy of Saturnine repaired after its binding separated. Not sure if that’s worth it to you though. 

Edited by cheywood

30 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

Only now noticed this is actually Limited Edition...

Most GW le have been shameless cash grabs for years. +20-30 euros to get a page marker and to take some letters of the cover.  There is no pride in the work hence no need to worry about quality.

On the other hand some of the le last couple of years ( like the siege maps/books) have been some of the best they ever did.

59 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

Sorry, forgive my ignorance- I’ve been staring for ages. What’s wrong with it?

Well it's falling apart, the pages aren't attached properly, the thread or something like this went wrong in process of making I guess.  

Edit: Never mind I skipped the AoS stuff :whistling: but I think its just poor quality photo, bad lightning maybe.

Edited by OpossumStrong

Chris Wraight posted a quick update on his website earlier this month:

After a long silence, a few small updates to the site. Blood of Asaheim and Stormcaller, my Space Wolves novels from a few years ago, have now been released in audio. The whole Jarnhamar trilogy is now able to be listened to (as well as read) – the links are on my 40K page. I’ve also added links to a couple of other recent releases – my Sanguinius primarchs novel can be found on the Heresy page, and The Vorbis Conspiracy anthology is on the Crime page.

I’ve been very busy with new writing projects over the last year or so, although it’ll be a little while before the fruits of that emerge. I’ll try to get a little quicker at updating this site, when they’re released!

Excited to hear about what he’s been working on. I wonder if he’s starting off the Scouring series or something similarly big. 

5 hours ago, cheywood said:

Excited to hear about what he’s been working on. I wonder if he’s starting off the Scouring series or something similarly big. 

Sadly no clue on whether it's BL related or not.  Fingers crossed that it is, Wraight's work is always top-tier.

10 hours ago, cheywood said:

My thoughts is that The Khan is going to come back as a foil to Fulgrim coming back. At the very least id like to see the White Scars play a larger role in 40k.

42 minutes ago, Krelious said:

My thoughts is that The Khan is going to come back as a foil to Fulgrim coming back. At the very least id like to see the White Scars play a larger role in 40k.

I’d be very surprised if GW brought back another primarch so quickly, but Wraight would be a perfect choice to write that novel.

2 hours ago, cheywood said:

I’d be very surprised if GW brought back another primarch so quickly, but Wraight would be a perfect choice to write that novel.

To be fair, the next primarch won't probably be back till we're in the narrative campaign book phase of 10th so 3 years or so off. I think Angron and the Lion have formalised the idea at GW that Primarchs sell like hot cakes. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if we got one loyalist back per edition.

16 minutes ago, System Sound said:

Guess again...

Its a print version of the Gotrek audio drama...

And its a limited edition, for now, only...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/28/realmslayer-gotreks-first-adventure-in-the-mortal-realms-comes-to-print-at-last/

Thanks, my guess was way off the mark haha ... I wish I had an interest in AoS, but I simply don't. :(

At least it somewhat matches the recent Gotrek's box set style. What I'm wondering, is this going to be A5 size? Can't tell from the photos and GW/BL never bother to inform customers about that.

Recently I got the Yndrasta: The Celestial Spear LE (beautiful book) and to my surprise it is A5. Not that I mind that much but it doesn't fit with the remaining LEs.

Wow, that's ONLY the first audio drama box set getting "remixed" into a novel format instead? Not even both sets? So we can expect a second of these...

Don't get me wrong, this has long since been overdue, but come on. The last thing this needed was another limited edition only release, considering the script had already been published as a limited edition volume originally.

Edited by DarkChaplain

Somewhat related, another goof by Warcom today.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/28/40-years-of-warhammer-angron-smashes-to-front/

During the first edition of this game, eight luxurious and leatherbound “Black Books” were released, acting as a historical account and gaming supplement. The first was Betrayal, which was accompanied by the first large primarch miniature – Angron.

They actually forgot book 9, Crusade :facepalm:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a matter of mentally conflating Conquest and Retribution. They were both supplements without Legion foci, providing predominantly "elsewheres" campaigns material and non-mainline army lists. Easy to get them both mixed up in a sort "Oh yeah there was that book with the other stuff. Now ignore that and look at these shiny Space Marines and the Primarchs. Look at it! LOOK AT IT!!"