Arks of Omen - Tarot Cards

6 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Today is the final Tarot:

So we should see the the last AoO book shown off next week at Adepticon with whatever that may bring

Galaxy (inversed)

But everything will change, reality bleeds, destiny sickens. The galaxy grows dark and darker still.

>Everything will change

Indexes confirmed!

Other than generally looking worse condition than the original Galaxy card given at the start of this whole thing, it's interesting what's going on with the Stars in this card.

In the first one, they're obscured behind green mist and flashing. Here, the mist is gone and they're just shining normally.

Maybe they actually manage to stop Vashtor (and the whole thing about making the Stars Go out) only to have another problem show up, like the huge swarm of Tyranids hinted at for 10th edition.

2 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

Funnily enough, this reads less like part of a prophecy and more like GW promising that despite the appearance of "The Knight" to stand against the darkness, nothing's gonna get any brighter.

Well right before guilliman came back they imperium got cut in half, so basically the imperium is gonna get cut in half again or chaos is gonna get super charged.

35 minutes ago, KnightofSigismund said:

I need some hope!!!!

Nah, you, the rest of us, and 40K really don’t.  The hope is individual actions to try and stem off the rising darkness, futile as that may be on the whole.  It’s the nature of the Imperium to generate the very thing that will doom it all.  Overall senses of hope should be shown as hope-in-vain, as the Primaris Marines have been - they’ve been no further successful for the Imperium in stemming the tide of rising dooms than anything previous to them have been.

26 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

Funnily enough, this reads less like part of a prophecy and more like GW promising that despite the appearance of "The Knight" to stand against the darkness, nothing's gonna get any brighter.

Which is as it should be - the slow slide into oblivion.  :devil:

@grailkeeper - it could potentially be Nurgle influence (after all, Caliban was Nurgle-ridden), or it could just be an acknowledgement of the general decay of the Imperium and the galaxy as a whole.

28 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

Well right before guilliman came back they imperium got cut in half, so basically the imperium is gonna get cut in half again or chaos is gonna get super charged.

There is a lot of info suggesting that Tyrannids are going to be main enemy faction in 10th, just as Necrons were in 9th and Chaos/Deathguard were in 8th. GW have been dropping teasers about a new threat on the Western fringe of the Galaxy and the countdown for Adepticon has a Tyrannid logo no-so-cunningly concealed on the western side. Originally Tyrannids were approaching from the Galactic east with recent fluff showing that Hive Fleet Leviathan is attacking from above and below the galactic plane. Now a new Hive Fleet seems to be cropping up in the west, that means the Galaxy has been fully encircled by Nids. That seems to be a threat almost on par with the opening of the Great Rift.

image.png.fdcddea239844c2d61d0d2c25be5ec2e.png

Edited by Karhedron

32 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

That's what a lot of people missed by GW focusing on the Imperium's narrative - they got a Primarch and he's barely holding half the Imperium together.

11 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

Rotting food a nurgle reference or is that a very basic take?

Here's my interpretation: the rotten fruit is Mortation and the Death Guard off doing their thing in a fairly localized area, the red bunting/rope is Angron/World Eaters/Khorne/bloodshed being mixed among all the violence, the broken sphere and stilled orrery is Magnus and the Thousand Sons having been (kind of) kept in check. The warped chalice is the Necrons emptying the souls of sentient creatures, and of course coming up from below are the grasping shadows of the Tyranids.

Thing is, Necrons really haven't been the main adversary in 9th. Chaos has and clearly is right now with this story - which is fine. I guess it could be that I just didn't follow the Pariah Nexus stuff because I don't care about it even in the slightest, but I don't recall a series of major campaign books like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with Nids in 10th: a bit of excitement at launch, some new models and an early codex that is rapidly overtaken by power creep and then a yoyo of relative power levels over time, with every successive balance dataslate.

I'm not sure who suggested it first, whether Valrak or another user here, but the Lion returning as a Green Knight type of character is ringing more true to my ears than ever. If the Lion is the Dreamer and fears using the key then the line "Destiny sickens" is also related to him, in keeping with the green knight idea the Lion will be both a test for the Imperium and a test for himself, both a penitent and redeemer. I think that would be a great spin on the Lion and won't be a repeat on Guillimans woe is me in this dead dream. 

17 minutes ago, jaxom said:

That's what a lot of people missed by GW focusing on the Imperium's narrative - they got a Primarch and he's barely holding half the Imperium together.

Here's my interpretation: the rotten fruit is Mortation and the Death Guard off doing their thing in a fairly localized area, the red bunting/rope is Angron/World Eaters/Khorne/bloodshed being mixed among all the violence, the broken sphere and stilled orrery is Magnus and the Thousand Sons having been (kind of) kept in check. The warped chalice is the Necrons emptying the souls of sentient creatures, and of course coming up from below are the grasping shadows of the Tyranids.

i mean in most books its about how the imperium is falling apart and the crusade really isnt getting done what it needs to to fully repair the imperium. does anyone who complains about the imperium not getting any loses actually read any of the material or do they only read the release page text for new models that are meant to hype them up?

1 hour ago, KnightofSigismund said:

I just want to know how damn dark and bad things have to always get for my beloved imperium. Sometimes you get tired of being the kicked dog. I need some hope!!!! Lol

No, Abnett covers this in my signature. 

On 2/17/2023 at 5:00 PM, -DonCorleone- said:

Could the tree of life be related to the ynnari?

Don't know if this was picked up, but the Emperor was portrayed extensively as a tree of life type being in the SoT books, when the Keeler was going into those warp trances - the roots went into terra and the branches held up the void shields. 

Darker, and Darker still. 

The great rift, a new Tyranid threat, Vashtorr and the Arks of Omen… What kind of light could cut through that kind of darkness?
The Lion may be coming, but I think the Emperor has a part to play in all of this.

Its either going to be a glorious awakening, cutting through gloom at the last minute when it seems like the end, even with two primarchs leading the fight

OR

His light may go out entirely, and that's what causes the Galaxy to go darker still.

Perhaps the light of the Emperor going out, is what causes a certain sleepy Lion to wake up.

1 hour ago, KnightofSigismund said:

I just want to know how damn dark and bad things have to always get for my beloved imperium. Sometimes you get tired of being the kicked dog. I need some hope!!!! Lol

7evah9.jpg.67ada224ced5f197353471bb853434fa.jpg

Welcome to the club :wink:

1 hour ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

So we should see the the last AoO book shown off next week at Adepticon with whatever that may bring

We'll see. We only know up to book 4, so they may reveal book 5, but #6 will likely still be hidden.

12 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

We'll see. We only know up to book 4, so they may reveal book 5, but #6 will likely still be hidden.

There shouldn't be a book 6, only 5. In their design interview in WD they said how many there were.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, KnightofSigismund said:

well just know that it will never really end, unless gw shoots themselves in the foot an infinite amount of times and kills their golden goose.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:38 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Things got better.

now they have to get worse so they can get better again.

when exactly did they get better? because so far things have only gotten worse, yeah the imperium got guilliman and the primaris, but if youve read any lore then youd know its not nearly enough and theyve not only lost half the imperium, but theyre losing massive sections of the imperium sanctus, and the crusade really isnt achieving what it needs to to stabilize it. i think that other factions are actually due for an ass kicking soon, mostly chaos, the tyranids, and necrons.

54 minutes ago, The Emperors Champion22 said:

when exactly did they get better? because so far things have only gotten worse, yeah the imperium got guilliman and the primaris, but if youve read any lore then youd know its not nearly enough and theyve not only lost half the imperium, but theyre losing massive sections of the imperium sanctus, and the crusade really isnt achieving what it needs to to stabilize it. i think that other factions are actually due for an ass kicking soon, mostly chaos, the tyranids, and necrons.

They pushed chaos back, things got better.

then the rift opened, things got worse.

now with the lion coming back things are likely to get better again for a little bit.

GW can’t constantly be writing new lore that just compounds the grim dark doom and gloom for the imperium without it eventually falling. At that point no ‘threat’ is actually a threat. At the same time they can’t let too much hope shine through for the imperium or their whole ‘grim dark’ tag line goes out the window, so they have a few brief moments of things getting better in this context that’s a few decades or even a couple centuries, then things have to get worse.