Arks of Omen - Tarot Cards

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Yes, that is pretty much on the nose.. wich makes me even more confident the lost child does not reference the lion, nor the star... but either events or other characters.

The Lost Child references the Lion. He has to be somehow introduced in the book - IMO it will start with the story of how he was lost to the Imperium, his years on Caliban etc.

Helmet does make me think Dark Angels, unfortunately.

However, the prophecy given at the start of Arks of Omen had the Dreamer expressing doubt and regret over using the Key, which the Star card last week implied might happen.  Would be interesting if it was Abaddon or some similar unexpected character realizing they made a big mistake and trying to stop it going through.

Would much prefer that than another Space Marine superhero who'll save the day because Primarchs are Primarchs and that's it.

3 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

However, the prophecy given at the start of Arks of Omen had the Dreamer expressing doubt and regret over using the Key, which the Star card last week implied might happen.  Would be interesting if it was Abaddon or some similar unexpected character realizing they made a big mistake and trying to stop it going through.

Would much prefer that than another Space Marine superhero who'll save the day because Primarchs are Primarchs and that's it.

Dude, each four cards in order reference a book (Abaddon, Angron, Vashtorr, Farsight, The Lion) 

Well, the last card is due next week and Lion's return is almost inevitable. How many Primarchs is GW going to bring to 40k in the end, and the ways in which they can bring new ways to develop the setting's stories when that happen is something only they know. Still hoping the tyranid refresh is true too.

Edited by Jscarlos18

If Hastings rumor remains then Russ is next and I'm sure GW already has a mini designed to go with the SW range update that will happen probably 11th ed is my guess, 10th seems to be packed already with potential BT style updates, Sanguinor+Primaris BA, Lion+Primaris DA and then Fulgrim and his noise boys. It's gonna be interesting to see how they bring Russ back, out of the three he's the only one who wasn't sleeping so will it be old man Russ now the wisest Primarch? 

So they bring the lion back etc etc

Even with the sword, guilliman has been no match for mortarion, being boosted by daemonic stuff:yes:

So far the Emperor has had to directly intervene twice to save guilliman. 

Unless they start receiving more cast offs from the emperors spare weapons room, or some form of mystical gifts, its going to be a repetition of the same eventually:ermm:

The lions going to be a better combatant, But there's still going to be an issue taking on the daemon primarchs. 

and if the Emperor has to keep showing up to stop them dyeing, Whats the point:laugh:

They could soup him up some with anti Daemon stuff if the watchers end up taking more direct action, the watchers supposedly on his base could have utility there. But yes, they need to do something like that to make them stack up a bit more.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 hours ago, Ser Arthur Dayne said:

Dude, each four cards in order reference a book (Abaddon, Angron, Vashtorr, Farsight, The Lion) 

I know each 4 cards is about a specific book, how is that relevant to what I said?

Edited by TheVoidDragon

13 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

The whole plot IS that Abaddon is gathering key fragments... would be funny, when he finally has the key, opens the door with it and behind it he finds the Lion :D

And Tzeentch goes "this Wasn't the plan" with the EMps snickering in the background :D

4 hours ago, Vanger said:

The whole plot IS that Abaddon is gathering key fragments... would be funny, when he finally has the key, opens the door with it and behind it he finds the Lion :D

And Tzeentch goes "this Wasn't the plan" with the EMps snickering in the background :D

I don't get why you're pointing out that the plot is Abaddon gathering the key? I already know that's whats going on.

The dream prophecy for the Arks of Omen event given right at the start of the whole thing seemed to be from the perspective of Abaddon, as it's from the perspective of the person gathering and using the Key. It broadly covers events that will occur with the whole narrative. Right at the end of the prophecy as the Dreamer goes to use the Key on "The Star" lock, he starts to express doubt and uncertainly over what he's actually doing, and feels like he's being used.

If that dream is from the perspective of Abaddon, then it suggests that potentially the Key gets used and he realizes that he's been tricked - hence might try to stop it and be "The Knight" of this latest card.

Obviously the card has the Winged Helmet and such so i'm not expecting that to be the case, but still, i think that would be pretty interesting.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

13 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

So they bring the lion back etc etc

Even with the sword, guilliman has been no match for mortarion, being boosted by daemonic stuff:yes:

So far the Emperor has had to directly intervene twice to save guilliman. 

Unless they start receiving more cast offs from the emperors spare weapons room, or some form of mystical gifts, its going to be a repetition of the same eventually:ermm:

The lions going to be a better combatant, But there's still going to be an issue taking on the daemon primarchs. 

and if the Emperor has to keep showing up to stop them dyeing, Whats the point:laugh:

Guilliman is still 2 and 0.  And guilliman was doing decently with mort until he got poisoned. So bring on any more rejects that guilliman has the misfortune of calling "brother" because he has a can of whoop ass ready for them.  Fulgrim gonna get his face sliced. 

Well see if the lion even makes himself known to the wider imperium maybe his whoop ass by his adopted guardian has humbled him or made him weary of trusting anyone (more so that before) might just be leading killteams of his chapter, and now the biggest secret the dark angels have is that the lion is awake, but just lime their other secret its prob not that secret

6 hours ago, Vanger said:

Abaddon: "Now there are two of them!"

1 hour ago, Cryptshadow said:

Guilliman is still 2 and 0.  And guilliman was doing decently with mort until he got poisoned. So bring on any more rejects that guilliman has the misfortune of calling "brother" because he has a can of whoop ass ready for them.  Fulgrim gonna get his face sliced. 

Well see if the lion even makes himself known to the wider imperium maybe his whoop ass by his adopted guardian has humbled him or made him weary of trusting anyone (more so that before) might just be leading killteams of his chapter, and now the biggest secret the dark angels have is that the lion is awake, but just lime their other secret its prob not that secret

We are sliding into my dad can beat up your dad territory now. 

2 hours ago, Cryptshadow said:

Pappa Smurf is 2-0 because Big E came in and whacked his opponents with a steel chair WWE style.

3 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I don't get why you're pointing out that the plot is Abaddon gathering the key? I already know that's whats going on.

The dream prophecy for the Arks of Omen event given right at the start of the whole thing seemed to be from the perspective of Abaddon, as it's from the perspective of the person gathering and using the Key. It broadly covers events that will occur with the whole narrative. Right at the end of the prophecy as the Dreamer goes to use the Key on "The Star" lock, he starts to express doubt and uncertainly over what he's actually doing, and feels like he's being used.

If that dream is from the perspective of Abaddon, then it suggests that potentially the Key gets used and he realizes that he's been tricked - hence might try to stop it and be "The Knight" of this latest card.

Obviously the card has the Winged Helmet and such so i'm not expecting that to be the case, but still, i think that would be pretty interesting.

But the dreamer is very afraid when seeing vashtorr in the first vision and very insecure and scared in general, there is also a lot of crying.. honestly it would be ridiculous if its any spacemarine.. Let alone someone like abaddon.

Because the first visions represent the first 3 books, And the whole thing reads like the perspective of a child/young/naive person, the moment we got the young warrior card i thought that one is the dreamer.. wether its farsight ( i personally dont think so, though the recent article did talk about farsight having visions) or someone new coming in that story. 

This all went downhill for me when I saw the Tau enter the scene. I guess I'm just used to seeing Abaddon and Chaos as the whoopin' boy to advance Space Marine characters and storylines. 

Vashtorr has/had a lot of potential in all aspects of 40K to me.  If the Lion came back, I'd love to see civil war from a story perspective.  Guilliman does need help but does anyone really think the Lion would just snap out of his nappy time and go rushing to Guilliman's cause? I just don't see it, even with things going 'poorly' for the Imperium.

I could see other Primarch's willing to work with Guilliman a little more so, but I have a feeling these two will be like oil and water. (Provided he comes out... now that it looks like Arks won't have him.)

25 minutes ago, Prot said:

Provided he comes out... now that it looks like Arks won't have him.

While I’m willing to grant that these “prophetic cards” may not be about the Lion, the second part of your statement makes no sense.  These tarot reveals are specifically about the Arks of Omen - that’s even what they are titled.  It would make less sense for these big “end of an Edition” books that are introducing new characters and events to the 40K setting through these story changes to not have a big character revealed in their run up… That would be like the big AoS story arc for Kragnos not revealing Kragnos as part of it, and just waiting until the next AoS Edition to introduce him instead.

IF the Lion is coming out, he’s going to come out as part of this Arks campaign, or likely will be held off all the way until the end of 10th Edition, which wouldn’t make much sense if these cards really are about him.

I’m not personally a fan of the loyal Primarchs being back, I would have been just fine with large vehicles being Marine centerpiece models, but if they are going to bring them back into the setting, it’s most likely going to be in these big Edition change story notes.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

The primarchs sell and GW likes money, so the Lion, Sanguinor and Russ inevitably will come out first for Loyalists, as they're the most popular and thus will make the most in sales.

The Lion/DA look to be first, which makes sense, as without a new range there isn't much for them in the Primaris line, so there's a lot of money on the table.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion