10th Edition Space Marine Boxset Rumours

I think the rumors as mentioned at the beginning of this thread are more likely and more preferable.

New Terminators would be great, some gravis unit with a dumb name would be a swing and a miss.

2 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I think the rumors as mentioned at the beginning of this thread are more likely and more preferable.

New Terminators would be great, some gravis unit with a dumb name would be a swing and a miss.

It depends on how good the models look, I suppose.

I would like to see Primaris Terminators if GW really do something special with them. A more expensive but also more powerful unit with a profile more akin to Centurions. 

Veteran Gravis Marines would be pretty similar in theme and function to the current Terminators. But then again Valrak did say that the new units resemble the classic Indomitus Terminators, so there's that.

I love my space marines but at this point there are far too many options, IMHO. There’s so much role redundancy or rarely used units. 

im really interested to see what they come up with, but I’m not holding my breath for anything awesome as I play White Scars right now, and they’re a minor faction.

12 hours ago, tangoalphatwo said:

What if the Nids were trying to hit the founding chapters home worlds on purpose?

I think this is even worse than clumsy writing, but actually more likely! (It is clumsy too)

GW have removed the "unfathomable and vast intellect" from Necrons and with the introduction of the Swarmlord they've done similar there.

It's a shame because it removes wonder, mystery and just adds another personality to the mix they didn't need to.

Also, it was cool to see factions with individuality fighting these unknowable entities and how they opposes them. Having a specific enemy cheapens it all somewhat. 

Little off topic but I massively prefer the modern necrons to the old version, lore and model wise.

I think the terminators will be terminators, and I think they’ll be scaled to look “right” with primaris, regardless of if they’re specifically primaris or not

5 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Little off topic but I massively prefer the modern necrons to the old version, lore and model wise.

I think the terminators will be terminators, and I think they’ll be scaled to look “right” with primaris, regardless of if they’re specifically primaris or not

If GW does "new" Terminators, they won't be in existing armor.  Everything released in the last 7 years has been in MkX, I'd expect new Terminators to be in Gravis.  GW appears to be splitting First Born into 30k and making Primaris the AoD 2.0 Marines with the old a Legion specialties

Edited by Mike8404

6 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

It depends on how good the models look, I suppose.

I would like to see Primaris Terminators if GW really do something special with them. A more expensive but also more powerful unit with a profile more akin to Centurions. 

Veteran Gravis Marines would be pretty similar in theme and function to the current Terminators. But then again Valrak did say that the new units resemble the classic Indomitus Terminators, so there's that.

I mean, a gravis unit could be fine, but not making Terminators is leaving money on the table. GW would be remiss to not have them basically as Valrak mentioned, as I think the demand is good for it right now.

As long as they basically look like updated/redesigned Indomitus Terminators in the new Primaris scale, they can be Primaris, Firstborn, Secondaris, who cares. The models will sell very well.*

* For the dense, it's an exaggerated point to mean that most people don't care about that, but are after cool models.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
added clarification

12 minutes ago, Mike8404 said:

If GW does "new" Terminators, they won't be in existing armor.  Everything released in the last 7 years has been in MkX, of expect new Terminators to be in Gravis.  GW appears to be splitting First Born into 30k and making Primaris the AoD 2.0 Marines with the old a Legion specialties

We shall see I guess

They could be a new armour that takes a lot of design inspiration from the Indomitus suits.

Just as MkX is similar to MkIV and Errant armour but obviously updated, the same could be applied to these new models. 

"Neo Indomitus Tactical Dreadnought suit" or something like that.

I'm still puzzled by the vagueness of the rumors in terms of the model aesthetic.

Someone has apparently seen the models. If they've gone to the trouble and taken the risk of revealing the box content, why not reveal more specifics about the appearance of the models? 

Edited by Orange Knight

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

They could be a new armour that takes a lot of design inspiration from the Indomitus suits.

Just as MkX is similar to MkIV and Errant armour but obviously updated, the same could be applied to these new models. 

Functionally that'd just be redesigned Indomitus armor in the end, similar to how MK VI was reformulated. Personally I'd like them to just redesign the armor in that vein, and have the Primaris dudes in the existing suits, to show them inheriting the existing relics of the Chapter.

We've had every flavor of this rumor as of now. From primaris terminators, to new classic terminators that are "chonkier" but the same, to the key word going away (making terminators just terminators) to, to a dual kit with crux terminatus less pads for use in 30k, to gravis marines simply wielding classic terminator weapons.

That the new terminators are very true to the original indomitus design, just "chonkier" is the most recent, frequently stated one (while for example "gravis marines with terminator weapons" has practically disappeared from circulation)

Here are my questions:

What are they armed with? Apparently the models have been seen. What weapons do they have?

What size base are they on? How much bigger are they than a Primaris Marine?

Do they have any of the Primaris design flourishes like the kneepads and boot designs, etc?

I'm wondering why this hasn't been described.

2 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Here are my questions:

What are they armed with? Apparently the models have been seen. What weapons do they have?

Do they have any of the Primaris design flourishes like the kneepads and boot designs, etc?

If they're "Indomitus terminators but chonkier" the answer is in itself there.

6 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

If they're "Indomitus terminators but chonkier" the answer is in itself there.

Hammer and Shield or a tiny Storm Bolter and Fist, as the older kit has? What is the signature weapon of Indomitus Terminators?

It's a starter set so it's unlikely to be a kit with different weapon options.

It most certainly is vague.

Edited by Orange Knight

14 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

I'm still puzzled by the vagueness of the rumors in terms of the model aesthetic.

Someone has apparently seen the models. If they've gone to the trouble and taken the risk of revealing the box content, why not reveal more specifics about the appearance of the models? 

I see the reason of “protecting the source” when it comes to this sort of thing. I don’t think that’s entirely unfair, but the propensity for nearly 100% (made up statistic) of those who really do have inside info to treat it as content seems to be part of the reason as well. 

We had 3 separate individuals reporting leaks for WE in the discord, for example. They were mostly tight lipped until one gave up info, which they then confirmed as being the same as their source(s). Other times they just saved info until they felt like it, or rationed out the info to generate activity and interest in the channel.

These aren’t criticisms leveled at these folks, it was cool they were inclined to share at all. More to say for various reasons it seems like most people with insider info aren’t inclined to just dump it out there. Whether dumped or trickled, the source is potentially at risk, so… *shrug*

8 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Here are my questions:

As for why it hasn't been described, it's like a game of telephone. <Source X> -> <Valrak> -> <us>, we have two levels of indirection to where it is. Describing that you know what's in the box, but not specific details, provides a level of cover for <Source X> putting them in a larger pool of who might know, whereas the more detailed, the more narrow the list that <Source X> could be and the more likely they get in trouble.

My point is, if that rumor is indeed the true one, then the path of least resistance pertaining to the lack of details is that things are mostly the same.

Which is a shame (potentially), because the storm bolter design in particular is something I'd hope would be improved on, besides height and proportions.

Well not really. GW have made many changes to especially basesizes. They could easily bump them to 50mm bases because they are new. Or maybe give them a 42 or something like they did with the new kasrkin(28mm instead of 25mm).

The weapons i would be suprised either if its some new improved ones.

I just hope they dont make the new ones a new datasheet but i fear they will. But if they do ill adapt :)

4 minutes ago, Sir Clausel said:

Well not really. GW have made many changes to especially basesizes. They could easily bump them to 50mm bases because they are new. Or maybe give them a 42 or something like they did with the new kasrkin(28mm instead of 25mm).

The weapons i would be suprised either if its some new improved ones.

I just hope they dont make the new ones a new datasheet but i fear they will. But if they do ill adapt :)

Sure. They could easily have changed any or all of these. But then Orange Knight's question of "why has noone mentioned this?" becomes more poignant again. If nothing's changed then we have a possible explanation of why nothing's mentioned, but it doesn't have to be the right one.

It's also possible, as is the way with some "sources" who might be business or retail and don't have the same in depth knowledge we have, that these aren't Terminators at all but just a new and bigger suit for Primaris like Centurions, with the source going "oh this must be a Primaris Terminator."

Lots of variables and I'm going with what the company has done as part of the business strategy to date - more Primaris Max Power style. So I generally side with the idea that what we see will be a departure to what we have already.

Another justification of that... if they're just Terminators but Primaris scale, they'll need appropriate stats or not match, but that'll contradict Chaos and Grey Knight Terminators with regards to performance and mirroring. "Oh you have Terminators too, how cute. They're so small. When they step into the Teleport homer, does the Tech Priest even notice?"

32 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Hammer and Shield or a tiny Storm Bolter and Fist, as the older kit has? What is the signature weapon of Indomitus Terminators?

It's a starter set so it's unlikely to be a kit with different weapon options.

It most certainly is vague.

The thing is it’s not vague at all… Valrak said they’re Re-sculpts [“Upscaled - Chonkier”] of Indomitus Terminators so why would he go into detail about how they look? everyone already knows how they look 

They’ll be the same scale and base size as the new Chaos Terminators 

Unless stated the standard load of of Terminators are Storm Bolter + Power Fist I imagine the squad will also have a Cyclone Missile launcher and the Sergeant will properly have a Power Sword 

15 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

The thing is it’s not vague at all… Valrak said they’re Re-sculpts [“Upscaled - Chonkier”] of Indomitus Terminators so why would he go into detail about how they look? everyone already knows how they look 

Unless stated the standard load of of Terminators are Storm Bolter + Power Fist I imagine the squad will also have a Cyclone Missile launcher and the Sergeant will properly have a Power Sword 

If the rumor is clear, then it means the "Firstborn" style is not being eradicated from the face of 40k with extreme prejudice. Some people want that to happen, so for them the rumor has to be vague.

To the extent that people either do not want that or are ambivalent about it, they seem to be willing to accept the rumor as-is. Upscaled version of existing Terminators. Maybe they have new "Super Storm Bolters" and "Super Power Fists" to make them sell better, maybe not.

However, the rumors have not mentioned their weapons, just the Terminator models themselves. We can assume at least that whatever they have is not a big enough departure from the current Terminator look to warrant inclusion in the leaks.

42 minutes ago, WARMASTER_ said:

valrak said they’re scaled to primaris, otherwise agree with what you say

27 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

valrak said they’re scaled to primaris, otherwise agree with what you say

Actually he just showed the same photo BlackBlowFly kept posting from the now cancelled Black Templar fan animation [That was bought by GW] and said “They’ll probably be scaled like this” but I think that was more a “These look about right” 

The art Id personally point towards would be the new Iron Hands art from First Founding as it’s come directly from the studio and reflects the lore on their vast proportions very well 

91A032AE-3A23-45DA-A902-C9B77778D4F5.jpeg