8 hours ago, Karhedron said:

It has not been specified as far as I know. But he does get severely beaten by Angron at the end of the final Arks of Omen book to the point that if Johnson hadn't saved him, he would have been a smear on the landscape. Assuming he had not already crossed the Rubicon before the book, I think that will probably be the reason. To be fair, getting smacked down by Angron is a suitably heroic way to retire FB Dante and give us the Primaris version.

It’s hard to say if he’s primaris or FB at that point, but I think it highly likely the simple fact his wounds from DoB haven’t healed would be enough justification.

imagine how epic Dante would be though if he fought angron while still bleeding out from months or years ago.

15 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

It’s hard to say if he’s primaris or FB at that point, but I think it highly likely the simple fact his wounds from DoB haven’t healed would be enough justification.

imagine how epic Dante would be though if he fought angron while still bleeding out from months or years ago.

The article stated he crossed the rubicon and that his armour is now modified mkX, the little animation has his body get broke and then restored.

he is primaris, he just seems to be in the weird spot of being the only character with no detail at all on how or why it has changed as last we saw, he didn’t cross due to risks.

5 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

The article stated he crossed the rubicon and that his armour is now modified mkX, the little animation has his body get broke and then restored.

he is primaris, he just seems to be in the weird spot of being the only character with no detail at all on how or why it has changed as last we saw, he didn’t cross due to risks.

I’m sure there will be a new book.

dante 2: electric boogaloo

Here’s my take on why Dante’s crossing has been handled the way it has 

when you look at his time window and the random release of the sanguinary guard dice 

I feel blood angels was going to get a much larger release with a refresh, Dante may have been part of that refresh, but the time window may have gotten screwy and Dante had to be released when he did.

I think the sanguinary dice are a clear indicator of a much bigger BA refresh that just didn’t happen, but we are likely to see it very early in 10th after Space Marines & Tyranids

3 hours ago, Spagunk said:

Oh man, I am extremely unhappy that the head is 3 pieces (4 if you count the halo).

I have just built mine and the head goes together surprisingly easily. In fact the whole model was one of the best I have built. The pieces go together snugly with no gaps and also no ambiguity about the correct alignment.

As I posted in another thread, the head is in 3 pieces to allow them to pack a lot of fine concave detail into a small space. It would be hard to mould the head in one piece as you would not be able to get the deep grooves with fine detail between the helmet and the laurels. It is just an artefact of the injection moulding process.