5 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

You know thinking about this model, I wished it showed Dante as a statesman, not a warrior. That then made me think I'd rather (or in addition) wish GW did a game about the politics and running of the imperium (be it at regent/lord commander, fleet, crusade, sector, planetary, or hive scale).

Honestly that side of Dante is far more fascinating than "smashy flying melta man", just as it is the far more interesting side of Guilliman, the lord solar, a warmaster, etc. It would be a fascinating miniature game to play politics and relationships, of economics, religion, social movements and so on. While the work being done by Cubicle 7 and FFG in the past touches on this, it is something that could be richly modelled and played with. And Dante is a fascinating conduit into that.

And yet when you step on to a battlefield you leave the statesmen role behind or likely die.

while he wants to die, he feels to duty bound to continue serving

On 3/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, Blindhamster said:

sanguinary guard (interested to see how their jump packs would translate)

When I saw Dante's jump pack, I thought it would have been cool if it looked like an updated version of the dawnbreaker jump pack, With the single booster in the sanguinary guard style, but with 2 boosters at the sides that look like they can rotate, using the sleeker style seen on Dantes new jump pack.

I guess you'd bump the contrast real high on the highlights, maybe with a gradient? Normally in 3d, the specular falls off at n^2, so might try bumping it really high, but not blowing it out, so really pushing the almost high points.

Although might cheat and make the falloff softer, that's done quite a lot as well.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

6 hours ago, Pert said:

Anyone else find it weird that he didn't also post the datasheet? I know it's just stats but I would have. Maybe it's not changing yet since 10th is so close? Idk

No because azreal just released, and his datasheet is almost identical it’s safe to bet Dante’s is as well. 

On 3/19/2023 at 3:17 PM, Pert said:

Anyone else find it weird that he didn't also post the datasheet? I know it's just stats but I would have. Maybe it's not changing yet since 10th is so close? Idk

Actually - Yes! The original "leaker" took the time to assemble and paint, and then put it out to the world. Seems like he would of at least mentioned something about the rules for the new Dante. New wounds, new Strength, something.

21 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

Do the stats come in the boxes these days?

Since 7th ed I think, so like 2014? Power level also so you can build armies and game with the models you buy and the free core rules. 

Edited by Xenith

14 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Maybe it's a sign that all 10th edition rules will be free online, so no paper copy in boxes

A sign that Gw wont get their huge profit spike from most people buying a new rule book:ermm::laugh:

Free rules apart from basic stuff is just never gonna happen:no:

3 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

That wouldn't be entirely unfair and lines up with a lot of people's requests.

Nobody I have seen is requesting we get rid of hardcover books altogether. If people do not want books, they want the PDF to be available on its own without a hardcover book purchase.

paper free sounds great, but I would be fine with paper optional.

Ideally the game would be set up around pdfs with the option to get a print from GW, maybe even a "build your own codex" where they could sell stylised folders that you can fill with the datasheets and rules you need and an in store offering of printing it.

Outside of La La Land this is sadly not feasible, but one can dream.

51 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

On another thread a while back I definitely remember seeing people advocating for a paper free game

Yup, I've seen threads in a few places about going paper free and the environmental impact. Admittedly a chunk of it stems from the belief they'd just release everything at once if paper production wasn't a factor, which is likely a fallacy.