1 hour ago, Mogger351 said:

Yup, I've seen threads in a few places about going paper free and the environmental impact. Admittedly a chunk of it stems from the belief they'd just release everything at once if paper production wasn't a factor, which is likely a fallacy.

Yeah that’s a pipe dream.

with hard copies they could do it no problem if they wanted to.

my biggest concern is that we’d have to pay for the online rules and end up with nothing physical.

21 hours ago, Scribe said:

I feel I'm just weird, I absolutely hate gaming with PDFs.

I like the idea of PDF’s with hot links.

I hate the feel of PDF’s. Nothing beats opening a real book to find the rule and read from. It just has a sort of gravitas to it.

However, I  also really like the idea of Audio Book format for the rules. Just for lols.

Really having played a few games with epubs, army builders,pdfs and the like, the gold standard is waha pedia, honestly, if there was a way to filter the army just down to the units/faction you are using it would be perfect. Im hoping GW is at least taking notes for the next version of their app, cos that is too clunky to play with imho.

Also, make cheat sheets, its imba :D 

Edited by Noserenda

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely prefer the Repulsor Executioner in particular it's a great looking tank.

I think the classic Landraider is a kit that has definitely aged, to me the only Landraider that should be in the conversation now is the Mighty Spartan. It looks really impressive and it offers something the old Landraider and the Repulsors don't provide - Massive transport capacity.

A new land raider could change the discussion though, I’m sure.

but this is about Dante, I’m interested to see if they bother updating his rules or if he will be left like farsight and snickrot. 

im also interested to see if there will be proper explanation for him crossing the rubicon, and also if we will get information of another book from Guy maybe.

the gold dice are alright, I’ll probably get some I should think

Surely he'll have the extra wound and Attack?

I think that because there are no rule updates to be published in 9th they might not make any significant changes.

Honestly, I'm not even paying attention to rules in 9th at this point. 10th is two months away and I have the Horus Heresy to enjoy in the meantime. I'm just keeping my painting skills as sharp as possible in anticipation of the new boxset.

I wasn't expecting 10th to deliver so many models I'm interested in. I expected the boxset to be all about the jump infantry, something I don't really associate with my Chapter, and I wasn't going to invest in a lot of new units.

Veterans, Terminators and a Redemptor Mortis are all things I can't wait to add to my collection. 

Yeah I don’t see much changing on him at this point, hopefully his weapon(s) get a small boost, similar to azrael but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.

I’m most excited for the veterans, terminators are cool though, which isn’t something I necessarily expected to think.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:25 PM, Scribe said:

I feel I'm just weird, I absolutely hate gaming with PDFs.

Give me a soft cover (like 5th), a small pocket sized rule book (again, 5th) and we are good to go

Yes 100% agree. Pdf can never beat the smell of a book.

It is also i think a good prevention for rules bloat

At work most is digital and i hate it, when it comes down to reading rules and regulations.