19 minutes ago, tzeentch9 said:

As someone with a leg I can tell you that is a perfectly natural pose 

No, you don't pivot your right knee outwards when landing on your left foot.  Try jumping off a wall like that and tell me how it went when you return from ER.

Edited by appiah4

My only complaint of the model is that the tactical rock seems a bit overdone and will make the model pretty hard to transport. Looking at the images we have so far, it looks like the rock comes in 2 sections: the pinnacle he is landing on and the wider section lower down. I wonder if it will be possible to leave off the lower portion of the rock to make the model a bit more case-friendly.

image.thumb.png.41a1fc550131c9884465457aaa56fa8d.png

EDIT - Something like this.

image.png.07a87910ef269a29f3d09fed8ec41ecb.png

Edited by Karhedron

16 minutes ago, appiah4 said:

No, you don't pivot your right knee outwards when landing on your left foot.  Try jumping off a wall like that and tell me how it went when you return from ER.

Old training kicking in.  Looks like the bolter drills of keeping left shoulder towards the enemy to keep your profile smaller, (and in some Mk's of armor) more armored shoulder toward the enemy.  Looks like a great.  

5 hours ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

A few thoughts I have is that firstly I am glad that we didn’t get the ‘Triumph of Saint Katherine’ treatment with Dante and Sanguinary guard all on the same base. Secondly it’s a pity Tycho is officially dead, he’d look great given his original model and how they’ve handled Dante.

It’s all scifi gobbledygook anyhow. They could always resurrect him or redo the model with a name like “Dycho”

The flaps on the Jump Pack aren't for aerodynamic steering.

Those are Grav Chutes.

I think people are assuming Dante is coming down quickly. With those Grav Chutes, and his pose, to me it looks like he's descending slowly. Probably coming down in a deliberate, angelic manner which would be inspiring to loyalists and intimidating to traitors.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

I think people are assuming Dante is coming down quickly. With those Grav Chutes, and his pose, to me it looks like he's descending slowly. Probably coming down in a deliberate, angelic manner which would be inspiring to loyalists and intimidating to traitors.

They call it the Dainty Dante Decent.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

The flaps on the Jump Pack aren't for aerodynamic steering.

Those are Grav Chutes.

I think you're right.  HOWEVER: if it were me on that battlefield, I think Dante leaving a crater where he landed would intimidate me more as an enemy, and inspire me more as a loyalist (assuming I was far enough away to survive).  :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Aramis K said:

Totally agree, I liked that detail too.

It's a bit strange that Death Company have such neatly repainted armour. Who gets close enough to stencil on the crosses?

A quickly swiped red X seems much more fitting.  More warpaint than uniform.

In the lore they fall into the trance in the pre battle blood drinking 

then they are carted off to get their armour painted etc. 

it’s only when they get into battle they go full psycho and then if they survive things get really bad. 

1 hour ago, jimbo1701 said:

I’m convinced 10th will be the edition where gk/ba/da/sw all get their chapter specific characters and units. If Dante is anything to go by it’s going to be a good time. 

DA have chapter specific terminators, bikers, land speeders, robed guys, super chaplains...that alone would be crazy

1 hour ago, jimbo1701 said:

I’m convinced 10th will be the edition where gk/ba/da/sw all get their chapter specific characters and units. If Dante is anything to go by it’s going to be a good time. 

I don't think we will see all four in 10th but I could see DA/BA with the others coming later

If they both get a wave like BT got in 9th, especially with a great upgrade sprue like that it would help alot

You know thinking about this model, I wished it showed Dante as a statesman, not a warrior. That then made me think I'd rather (or in addition) wish GW did a game about the politics and running of the imperium (be it at regent/lord commander, fleet, crusade, sector, planetary, or hive scale).

Honestly that side of Dante is far more fascinating than "smashy flying melta man", just as it is the far more interesting side of Guilliman, the lord solar, a warmaster, etc. It would be a fascinating miniature game to play politics and relationships, of economics, religion, social movements and so on. While the work being done by Cubicle 7 and FFG in the past touches on this, it is something that could be richly modelled and played with. And Dante is a fascinating conduit into that.

3 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

You know thinking about this model, I wished it showed Dante as a statesman, not a warrior. That then made me think I'd rather (or in addition) wish GW did a game about the politics and running of the imperium (be it at regent/lord commander, fleet, crusade, sector, planetary, or hive scale).

Honestly that side of Dante is far more fascinating than "smashy flying melta man", just as it is the far more interesting side of Guilliman, the lord solar, a warmaster, etc. It would be a fascinating miniature game to play politics and relationships, of economics, religion, social movements and so on. While the work being done by Cubicle 7 and FFG in the past touches on this, it is something that could be richly modelled and played with. And Dante is a fascinating conduit into that.

I’d choose to play as Gabriel Seth, with every political interaction underscored by his hypothetical “how would I kill this guy, if I had to?” thoughts.

As for Dante, kind of a big shrug. He’s pretty cool, don’t get me wrong, but maybe it’s because it’s such a faithful recreation of the original that it just isn’t exciting to me.

And his pose strikes me more as taking off, than landing. Maybe just as he’s twisting his body to do so, or something? Not a great pose, regardless. Nor is that death mask doing anything for me. 

I’d like to see a high quality true metallic metal paint job on him. I expect I’d like him a bit more with that. NMM isn’t something I like much even when well executed.

6 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

I don't think all of them will release in 10th, but I expect we'll start to see them come in. I don't think they can take that much of the release cycle in that three years to just SM subfaction range launches, so it'll have to go into 11th.

I’m very interested to see when the blood angels get a proper update now, it’s a bit sad they won’t get the Big Bang approach of the templars, but mephiston was excellent (just a really faithful update, I love his hair!), Dante is excellent (the pose is spot on for me, and remind me a lot of the sort of pose I went for, the mask looks better now I’ve seen close ups too, I love the armour design and the updated perdition pistol is ace)

now I want to see:

- sanguinor (hopefully as a big centrepiece)

- astorath (I want something like Dante, but two handed sweep motion of the axe, and I really want to see a full suit of armour like Dante’s but with the flayed look like mephistons!)

- sanguinary priest (more muscle armour!)

- sanguinary guard (interested to see how their jump packs would translate)

- death company should get a proper update imo, but I can get behind them being a proper upgrade sprue too honestly.

- an upgrade kit like templars would be so good though, add some nice variety to parts to use on intercessors etc.

33 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I don't think all of them will release in 10th, but I expect we'll start to see them come in. I don't think they can take that much of the release cycle in that three years to just SM subfaction range launches, so it'll have to go into 11th.

I’m not so sure. If we are looking at replacing the unique firstborn units with equivalents, dark angels and blood angels probably wouldn’t need that much outside of characters and better upgrade kits. Space wolves are in a similar place. Templar sized releases would suit perfectly and one a year isn’t too excessive considering how comprehensive the range will be after the starter set / marine wave. (And blood angels effectively have a replacement for the Baal / furioso already) 

I suspect grey knights will get a release as their models are going to look even more dated against those rumoured new scale terminators. Once tyranids get their update grey knights will probably be the most outdated range in the game. 

5 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

That sounds like a rip roaring good time of a miniatures game.

1 hour ago, Khornestar said:

I’d choose to play as Gabriel Seth, with every political interaction underscored by his hypothetical “how would I kill this guy, if I had to?” thoughts.

So Seth is a reincarnation of General "Mad Dog" Mattis? I'm sold!

I think Dante looks like a good homage to his previous model.