4 models? maybe;

Lion

Lazarus

Cypher

Azrael

Assuming it's going to be all plastic models. If there was more Dark Angels models to come I would have thought we'd seen them already but I'm happy to be surprised.

I doubt Azrael will be in it if he was just in another box, they'll want you to have bought both.

I suspect the bodyguard unit is 3 models, and might be paired with the Lion for his initial release and then standalone later if they aren't specifically tied to him.

2 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Do the two Watchers on his base count as 'models'?

Not normally, as they don't have separate bases.

For example, the Triumph of Saint Katherine is labeled as '1 Citadel Miniature'.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

10 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I doubt Azrael will be in it if he was just in another box, they'll want you to have bought both.

I suspect the bodyguard unit is 3 models, and might be paired with the Lion for his initial release and then standalone later if they aren't specifically tied to him.

Oh good call. Well if it is a new unit that's very exciting! I don't really have time to revisit Dark Angels now but maybe I do actually.

Man I can't wait to get the Lion. Mini of the year is going to be genuinely difficult for me... The Lion or Angron.

1 minute ago, CL_Mission said:

lol, ah well. Bladeguard are great, one of my favourite new models but not as exciting as the potential of a DA specific unit.

Yeah I get the disappointment but the DA will get their time in the sun and I for one will be waiting and listening to my wallet cry :D.

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

In fairness the Bladeguard are a great pairing with the Lion.

What wouls have made this set truly special is a Dark Angels themed upgrade sprue. Different shields and helmets would be amazing for this unit.

But all being said, this will not be a crushingly expensive set, and everything in it is great.

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

In fairness the Bladeguard are a great pairing with the Lion.

What wouls have made this set truly special is a Dark Angels themed upgrade sprue. Different shields and helmets would be amazing for this unit.

But all being said, this will not be a crushingly expensive set, and everything in it is great.

Funny you should say that :D. I have a cunning plan.

8 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Given the name of that account assuming it's the normal early preview copies for painters?

If it is someone who normally gets early previews... I would imagine this will be the last time!

Although a cursory glance over the instagram account doesn't seem to show any obvious signs of getting early previews. There's mention of buying Angron from an FLGS for example.

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Screenshot_20230328-230412_Instagram.jpg

Nothing to write home about, really.

Huumm a bit disappointing. I expected something similar with Calgar and Victrix guards. So...is Lion and 3 Bladeguards Veterans(just veterans or Sargent-like guys?)