15 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I really feel like truly unique units are just not going to be see in primaris form.

unique units will now just be standard primaris kits with chapter specific upgrade sprues and a paint job.

this just kinda proves it to me.

At least you never fail to surprise me with your takes Inquisitor_Lensoven …

BT got an entire range refresh unique units in this edition! Sword Brethren, Crusader squad, Marshall, Castellan, Helbretch, Emperor’s Champion, Grimaldus + a massive upgrade set 

UM - Calgar, Tigurius, Victrix Guard 

BA - Dante, Mephiston, BA Lieutenant [Tolmeron]

SW - Ragnar, Battle leader 

DA - Azrael, DA lieutenant [Zakariah]

While there has been some datasheet’s released without new mins, Death Company and so on these are in most cases pretty clearly place holders until GW releases the kits in future. Much like with the new Primaris Veterans that are now getting new min after being just a data sheet since 8th

I’m honestly curious about your thought process on this one when to me GW suddenly stopping at this point the long established trend of releasing unique Primaris updates doesn’t really add up 

17 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Upscaled Deathwing Terminators?

One can dream.

Whats stopping you from kitbashing the old Deathwing kit with the new upscaled terms coming later?

2 hours ago, lhg033 said:

I did start with £77.50 and compared how the daemon Primarchs had been priced too. :biggrin:
I do hope you are right! I'd love for it to be the cheaper side of this/have an actual discount but the pessimist in me says to plan for the worst; price hike and no discount and having to buy at RRP as resellers wont have enough copies.

All I can say is that regarding pricing, precedent is on our side here. When GW bundle two or more kits together as a single product*, it's always at a discount vs the standalone prices,  it's pretty much the only reliable thing they do at this point. Even the most recent products in the Arks of Omen range that introduced brand new kits have followed the same formula:

• Wrath of the Soulforge King - £130 for £150 worth of existing products plus Azrael and Vashtorr for "free"
  • Boarding Patrol Orks - £85 for £112.50 worth of existing products plus Snikrot for "free"
  • Boarding Patrol Tau - £80 for £85 worth of existing products plus Farsight for "free"
  • Strike Force Agastus - £120 for presumed £120 of units (based on Brutalis price = Redemptor and Desolators price = Hellblasters) plus Lieutenant for "free"

*as a single product is relevant, because they did used to do those silly one-click "bundles" on the webstore which was just "collection of individually packaged kits" for the same price as... just buying the individual kits.

Availability is a different matter though; I do expect it to be available via third-party stores as normal but the stock numbers could make actually getting one pretty iffy, if the Tau boarding patrol is anything to go by.

Edited by Halandaar

1 hour ago, WARMASTER_ said:

At least you never fail to surprise me with your takes Inquisitor_Lensoven …

BT got an entire range refresh unique units in this edition! Sword Brethren, Crusader squad, Marshall, Castellan, Helbretch, Emperor’s Champion, Grimaldus + a massive upgrade set 

UM - Calgar, Tigurius, Victrix Guard 

BA - Dante, Mephiston, BA Lieutenant [Tolmeron]

SW - Ragnar, Battle leader 

DA - Azrael, DA lieutenant [Zakariah]

While there has been some datasheet’s released without new mins, Death Company and so on these are in most cases pretty clearly place holders until GW releases the kits in future. Much like with the new Primaris Veterans that are now getting new min after being just a data sheet since 8th

I’m honestly curious about your thought process on this one when to me GW suddenly stopping at this point the long established trend of releasing unique Primaris updates doesn’t really add up 

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, because as I’ve said they’ve mainstreamed what probably should have been the BA primaris furioso, taking another actually unique unit from the BA, same with the gladiator reaper, which is clearly a primaris version of a Baal predator.

while the lack of dedicated kits might just be place holders there was absolutely nothing stopping them from allowing DCI to be armed similarly to how FBDC are.

and as I said it looks very much like the unique BT units are not going to remain particularly unique for much longer.

in my view they aren’t stopping the making of new unique primaris units because BT are the exception, and again don’t look to be an exception for long.

characters are one thing, unique squads are another thing completely.  I have no doubt new primaris characters will still be released, and I have no doubt more old characters will continue to cross the rubicon.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

11 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, because as I’ve said they’ve mainstreamed what probably should have been the BA primaris furioso, taking another actually unique unit from the BA, same with the gladiator reaper, which is clearly a primaris version of a Baal predator.

Not sure how a thing (Brutalis Dreadnought) that was never available just to BA being available to all chapters means it was "taken" from them. Sure it might be inspired by the Furioso, but then again a Dreadnought using 2 of the CC weapon that every Dreadnought has by default anyway is hardly something so ingenious that only one chapter in the galaxy can think of it. (Also, Heresy Contemptors had double-fists as a possible loadout for every single legion, why would every one of them bar BA forget how to do this come M41?)

37 minutes ago, Silas7 said:

Whats stopping you from kitbashing the old Deathwing kit with the new upscaled terms coming later?

Compatibility is a potential issue. We don't know how well the old parts will fit the new Terminators. They are significantly bigger after all. Using some of the spare bling to decorate them is easy enough but parts like helmets and pauldrons may not fit particularly well (or at all).

52 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

taking another actually unique unit from BA

There's a clear trend of GW making all new marine kits to be generic as far as they can, except characters or unique cases like BT Crusader Squads. I doubt we will see new vehicles limited to only one chapter again.

One question that a lot of you have is how to get hold of this incredible model. The Warhammer Community Interrogator-Chaplains have been able to extract an answer to that: the Lion will be available for the first time alongside a retinue of three Bladeguard Veterans and two pieces of special edition artwork – one a duel with Angron and the other a heroic pose.

If you don’t manage to get him in this box, don’t worry. He’ll be out on his own soon enough – just like the foul xenos commanders of the Orks and T’au, when they break out of their Boarding Patrol boxes.

Confirmed as expected. From WarCom.

upIaN8bUyYJwdrL4.jpg

23 minutes ago, lansalt said:

There's a clear trend of GW making all new marine kits to be generic as far as they can, except characters or unique cases like BT Crusader Squads. I doubt we will see new vehicles limited to only one chapter again.

And when the rumored scouts and flamer unit drop the crusader squads likely won’t be very unique anymore.

It seems like they’re pushing him to be out pretty soon. Vashtorr was only two weeks ahead of Farsight. I’m guessing mid-April.

The pace does help the story feel a little more compelling, even if the middling McGuffin is rather uninspired.

17 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

And when the rumored scouts and flamer unit drop the crusader squads likely won’t be very unique anymore.

:blink: Are Firstborn Crusader Squads somehow not unique because Scout Squads also exist?

The mixing of the two armour profiles and loadouts in a single unit is always what has been unique about Crusaders, a standalone Primaris Neophyte unit wouldn't change the fact that only Black Templars can mix them.

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

because as I’ve said they’ve mainstreamed what probably should have been the BA primaris furioso,

I mean it’s more like the Contemptor, which has two close combat fists. So that’s not new.

3 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

in my view they aren’t stopping the making of new unique primaris units because BT are the exception, and again don’t look to be an exception for long.

characters are one thing, unique squads are another thing completely.  

Except precedent shows otherwise. Again, Ultramarine Honor Guard and Crusader Squads.

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:
2 hours ago, lansalt said:

You do realize that flames units and scouts have existed in the past and did not make Crusader squads less unique, right?

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Call me again when another primaris unit can include both power armored and scout armored units at the same time, pick freely between close combat and ranged options mixed between half the squad, take up to 4 powerfists or pyreblasters in addition to the sergeants options, or number up to 20 models.

I'll be waiting.

Looking at that stat line and weapon profile it looks like the Lion will get the charge off against Angron.

Lion attacks first and gets 12 damage past the Angron's 4++, leaving him on 6 wounds.

Angron swings back with 30 attacks, and gets 9 damage past the Lion's 4++, killing him.

The Emperor's shield gets the last word, and deals 2 MW to Angron, leaving him at 4 wounds.

I was hoping the Lion would get a rule that prevents models from Respawning.

2 hours ago, Halandaar said:

:blink: Are Firstborn Crusader Squads somehow not unique because Scout Squads also exist?

The mixing of the two armour profiles and loadouts in a single unit is always what has been unique about Crusaders, a standalone Primaris Neophyte unit wouldn't change the fact that only Black Templars can mix them.

My point being the unit will likely just be an upgrade sprue  compared to the regular scouts with little difference otherwise 

2 pieces of art work - 100 dollars

Lion -70

Bladeguard 60

210 dollar box? as a guess. Might be a little cheaper USD, but CDN it's going to be 200 dollars. forget that.

1 hour ago, Arkangilos said:

I mean it’s more like the Contemptor, which has two close combat fists. So that’s not new.

Except precedent shows otherwise. Again, Ultramarine Honor Guard and Crusader Squads.

You do realize that flames units and scouts have existed in the past and did not make Crusader squads less unique, right?

As far as it being a contemptor, looking at the contemptor I see stubby little fingers, and not claws/talons.

and looking at the datasheet on games-workshop I only see Dread close combat weapon or dread fist listed, and only one of those seems to be listed as an option rather than 2

i see the relic contemptor can have 2 fists or 2 chainfists, still no claws/talons though.

twin talon is clearly moving in on BA territory.

57 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

My point being the unit will likely just be an upgrade sprue  compared to the regular scouts with little difference otherwise 

What are you even talking about? How can the Primaris Crusader Squad kit (which already exists and has both power armoured initiates and scout armoured neophytes on the same sprues) possibly be "just an upgrade sprue" to a purely hypothetical Primaris Scouts kit that by it's very nature wouldn't have power armoured models on it?!

18 minutes ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

You guys are all missing the huge lore implications here: the Lion is really just three bladeguard stacked on top of eachother.

And the Bladeguard themselves are three Watchers stacked on top of each other. 

14 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

As far as it being a contemptor, looking at the contemptor I see stubby little fingers, and not claws/talons.

and looking at the datasheet on games-workshop I only see Dread close combat weapon or dread fist listed, and only one of those seems to be listed as an option rather than 2

i see the relic contemptor can have 2 fists or 2 chainfists, still no claws/talons though.

twin talon is clearly moving in on BA territory.

Plastic kit comes with Talons/Claws

9B724021-9161-4708-8470-882DF7D3B352.png

Edited by WARMASTER_