Pew, pew, pew. Another article.

TLDR:

• Previous classifications like Heavy, Rapid Fire, etc are now 'Weapon Abilities'.
  • A Bolt Rifle has both the Assault and Heavy abilities.
  • Bolt Rifle Profile
  • Auto and Stalker Bolt Rifles are now 'streamlined into the same weapon profile'.
  • "All Intercessors just have bolt rifles, which you can build with whatever scopes or magazines you please."
  • Similar effects have been tied together across all the factions.
  • "Weapons that shredded through armour on lucky rolls can now share the Devastating Wounds ability instead."
  • Devastating Wounds = Mortal Wounds on an unmodified roll of 6.
  • Assault Cannon profile.
  • Most guns have not increased in strength, but have "often lost a pip of AP."
  • Reiterating that small arms will deal with infantry but vehicles will need anti-vehicle weapons.
  • Apparently "the ;age of plasma kills everything' is over."
  • Melta Rifle profile.
  • Hammerhead Railgun is Strength 20.
  • Shuriken Cannon has Sustained Hits, "common among weapons that throw massive amounts of firepower down range"
  • Sustained Hits = Adds the listed number of extra hits when a Critical Hit (nat6) is scored
  • Shuriken Cannon profile
  • Melee weapons also have Abilities
  • Twin-Linked = Reroll to wound. Is now found on ranged and melee profiles.
  • Auto-Storm Gauntlet and Power Fist profile.
  • Implied Primaris (or at least Aggressors) can ride in Land Raiders (maybe all Firstborn vehicles?) now.

6RXuoYcq01Aju1Sr.jpg

RvJjY7hgkV3DzMwK.jpg

7D9s4GSKAzECZYxB.jpg

2Dg0PxIjLvf4H8jB.jpg

NidyAjzvLH4PZpdk.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

The image is showing auto bolt rifles but the rule below just calls them bolt rifles so there shouldn't be any difference between the three types anymore (At least when its just a different mag, for example the Hellblasters version with the different backpack might still get different rules)

Edited by Matrindur

Call me stuck in my old edition ways, but something rubs me the wrong way of heavy weapons being perfectly portable and giving a bonus when staying still; the bonus of staying still was being able to fire and eventually bring able to hit on something other than 6s.

Rerolls are down, but ease of hitting is up it seems.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The image is showing auto bolt rifles but the rule below just calls them bolt rifles so there shouldn't be any difference between the three types anymore (At least when its just a different mag, for example the Hellblasters version with the different backpack might still get different rules)

Funny thing is that they straigth up state it in the article; there is only bolt rifle.

2 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Call me stuck in my old edition ways, but something ribs me the wrong way of heavy weapons being perfectly portable and giving a bonus when staying still; the bonus of staying still was being able to fire and eventually bring able to hit on something other than 6s.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. They say lethality is dropping and it's looking like a lie.

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Indeed!

This flexibility is perfect for representing auto and stalker bolt rifles, which are now streamlined into the same weapon profile. All Intercessors just have bolt rifles, which you can build with whatever scopes or magazines you please.

2Dg0PxIjLvf4H8jB.jpg iu guess wave serpent spams back on the menu everyone, dont both with this edition till after the index is phased out for them or the first dataslate, that CANNOT have been balanced, eldar will spam falcons and vypers and roll face on table

I was never threatened by the different types of Bolt Rifles and in fact enjoyed the differentiation it provided. I assume Hellblasters are going to be "gifted" with a similar "simplified but not simple (trust me, bro)" endumbening of their variant options.

Worst part is, I can't just ignore this nonsense because my main unit - Intercessors - will probably be pointed up to account for this new "perk"...

Consider my expectations for 10th lowered... considerably.

5 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Call me stuck in my old edition ways, but something ribs me the wrong way of heavy weapons being perfectly portable and giving a bonus when staying still; the bonus of staying still was being able to fire and eventually bring able to hit on something other than 6s.

Well that can depend on the weapon and who wields it. A Lascannon on a Devastator might be 4+ to hit, stay still and you get a bonus to hit, move and you lose it.

1 minute ago, Lord Nord said:

I was never threatened by the different types of Bolt Rifles and in fact enjoyed the differentiation it provided. I assume Hellblasters are going to be "gifted" with a similar "simplified but not simple (trust me, bro)" endumbening of their variant options.

Worst part is, I can't just ignore this nonsense because my main unit - Intercessors - will probably be pointed up to account for this new "perk"...

Consider my expectations for 10th lowered... considerably.

i think everyones going up in costs and eldar better be getting jacked or they can just spam cannons and twin cannons and leafblow whole squads  in fast moving light craft, its gonna be hovercraft eldari all the way down