Speculation on the Horus Heresy Road Map?

6 hours ago, Corswain said:

I'd like to see it but I'd like some warning first so I have time to buy the resin ones. 

I want all my Iron Warriors to be the same size, not have a random unit of giants.

Consider this your warning that plastic breachers will come out at some point in the future and the resin ones will go OOP

If you want them, get them now as guaranteed they will wind down stock for a while before releasing the new ones. If you wait until they announce the new ones, you'll have to fight everyone in the world for the remaining stock, as we seen with the recent 40k LCTB stuff, and the FW legion dreads, and everything else! 

Edited by Xenith

1 hour ago, Xenith said:

Consider this your warning that plastic breachers will come out at some point in the future and the resin ones will go OOP

If you want them, get them now as guaranteed they will wind down stock for a while before releasing the new ones. If you wait until they announce the new ones, you'll have to fight everyone in the world for the remaining stock, as we seen with the recent 40k LCTB stuff, and the FW legion dreads, and everything else! 

and this is why im planning on breaking my "no new minis from GW" rule to pick up some old mk3 before they go. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Farson said:

Well the new tank commander is up and boy howdy I'm sure thinking that any resin upgrades that come out for breachers are going to be damm near unaffordable 

I was curious, and my word... They dont actually want to sell many of those tank commanders do they?

11 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I was curious, and my word... They dont actually want to sell many of those tank commanders do they?

The sales team's spreadsheet says it's a consul, so the consul price-point it has. Lucky they didn't write rules for a named decurion, that would add £10 to the price!

I certainly won't be buying.

Wasn't there a fists only special tank commander, which is what this guy was supposed to be? The regular tank commander characters can be represented by the dudes on the accessory sprues or the spartan frames. 

35 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Wasn't there a fists only special tank commander, which is what this guy was supposed to be? The regular tank commander characters can be represented by the dudes on the accessory sprues or the spartan frames. 

yes that is this guy the sagittar

10 hours ago, Xenith said:

I agree that they're inevitable and now is the best time to buy but I am balancing that terrible line of knowing that and having available hobby funds.

Plus I am desperately hoping for the current MKIII kit to come back into stock so I can "finish" off my army.

I think the MKIII kit has to be the priority because I only need about half of it and I could always convert breachers from the other half.

At the session, did anyone ask if there would be a (either any or a more comprehensive) faq & errata round in the road map period. I think I've sent over a hundred questions to FW in the last year, and dearly hope some will feed into any errata document they ever decide to release. 

I think that's my biggest complaint about the heresy - and one which of course was the same during the black/red book period, with its lack of decent faq'ing - that it feels like FW/SG don't care about after release balance (or aren't allowed to care), and this makes the game often less fun. 

Of course if they released a faq the length of panoptica that would raise eyebrows (and thus might never happen), but honestly, it would be nice if they did do something like that. 

10 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

At the session, did anyone ask if there would be a (either any or a more comprehensive) faq & errata round in the road map period. I think I've sent over a hundred questions to FW in the last year, and dearly hope some will feed into any errata document they ever decide to release. 

I think that's my biggest complaint about the heresy - and one which of course was the same during the black/red book period, with its lack of decent faq'ing - that it feels like FW/SG don't care about after release balance (or aren't allowed to care), and this makes the game often less fun. 

Of course if they released a faq the length of panoptica that would raise eyebrows (and thus might never happen), but honestly, it would be nice if they did do something like that. 

1st always had issues that needed/wanted a faq, but they still had pretty solid support up until the spring 2019 one. If I had to guess, the team started working on 2nd after that, and are on daemons of the ruinstorm/next campaign book/Old World. Just doesn't feel like they ever expanded the team despite expanding the importance of the game, which is pretty classic corporate decision making.

Hmm,

Really hoping that the Dreadnought for Autumn is the Deredeo (in before curve ball of Castaferrum) because I'm seriously considering taking one in a Drop Pod list instead of a dual Lascannon Contemptor for anti-air/armour duties.

Less Lascannon shots but stronger, Exoshock and the AA missiles.

9 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Really hoping that the Dreadnought for Autumn is the Deredeo

The roadmap was an upgrade to an existing armour mk kit, and a dreadnought, and the photo showed so far unseen Mk3 models and a deredeo, so I'd say chances are good! 

Edited by Xenith

Hope they do release actual plastic breachers as a stand alone set and not an upgrade one as I desperately want to run heaps of plastic ones. Hope black shield rules are released soon as them and plastic breachers is what’s holding me back from going all in with heresy at the moment though the changes taking heresy vehicles in 40k has made me more tempted to get in sooner due to my large number of heresy vehicles I have 

Do we have any indication of when Black shield rules will be out?

I could see Breachers being their own kit on the basis that the resin Breachers have unique helmets and they could give them all similar poses for holding their shields aloft. 

On the other hand, I also thought Despoilers would be their own kit with more emphasised running poses but apparently not, and it's not like the MKVI Tacticals are in poses are so D Y N A M I C they'd not fit an upgrade kit. MKIII being updated sooner rather than later might also point to Breachers being upgrades.

19 hours ago, Plaguecaster said:

Do we have any indication of when Black shield rules will be out?

Nope. 

Let's be 100% honest, all of this is probably being discussed behind the scenes. The fact 3d printing is overtaking a lot of the stuff being teased speaks volumes. Like assault marines are being done due to nothing more than the fact if they waited any longer, the 3d print market would completely cover any demand. Same for the bikes to an extent. If breachers aren't on the horizon come the end of the year, that's another loss making option GW/FW will be saddled with

3D Prints still require an inordinate amount of research and vetting to get the good 8K prints. So it can cover the demand for the fraction of a fraction of people who can do the work to get the prints, but for the people buying from Etsy shops and getting spaghetti prints, it’s not an option. Right now playing someone 40 dollars for 10 assault marines from an 8K printer is a good bandaid, but when I can buy 60 in plastic for a 20% discount on Amazon I don’t really wanna do all the leg work trying to find someone with an 8K printer to get me 60 in two days. 

I got forty tiny legend grenadiers and my god they are great, but waiting a month to get them from Eastern Europe was a pain in the dick. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

3D Prints still require an inordinate amount of research and vetting to get the good 8K prints. So it can cover the demand for the fraction of a fraction of people who can do the work to get the prints, but for the people buying from Etsy shops and getting spaghetti prints, it’s not an option. Right now playing someone 40 dollars for 10 assault marines from an 8K printer is a good bandaid, but when I can buy 60 in plastic for a 20% discount on Amazon I don’t really wanna do all the leg work trying to find someone with an 8K printer to get me 60 in two days. 

I got forty tiny legend grenadiers and my god they are great, but waiting a month to get them from Eastern Europe was a pain in the dick. 

this just isnt true. 

i have some mental health issues that make it very difficult for me to do a lot of technical things and i have a 1st gen printer and even I can get it working with good results, thats a pre 2k printer not even a mono printer. 

Modern printers cost about 100 more than the leviathan box and is every very easy to set up. If you can use a pc you can do it. plus the number of companys who print on demand is insane. the era of spaghetti minis is long past. ive litterally just ordered 10 mk2 marines in 4k for £20 

Yeah im just fishing around for prints, sending them to my 3d printing buddies and getting great minis back. On the 30k front ive been mostly doing upgrade bits and they are fully indistinguishable from the FW stuff, arguably better because my mate has better quality control lol. My prime source got his printer in a deal over lockdown so its a few years old now and presumably not top spec even then if it was in a sale.

You can go better though, my tertiary source is super invested and has a top end printer, and knocked out a mindblowing Salamander Mastadon a while back.

6 hours ago, sarabando said:

this just isnt true. 

i have some mental health issues that make it very difficult for me to do a lot of technical things and i have a 1st gen printer and even I can get it working with good results, thats a pre 2k printer not even a mono printer. 

Modern printers cost about 100 more than the leviathan box and is every very easy to set up. If you can use a pc you can do it. plus the number of companys who print on demand is insane. the era of spaghetti minis is long past. ive litterally just ordered 10 mk2 marines in 4k for £20 

A Phrozen Mighty is 2200 

6 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah im just fishing around for prints, sending them to my 3d printing buddies and getting great minis back. On the 30k front ive been mostly doing upgrade bits and they are fully indistinguishable from the FW stuff, arguably better because my mate has better quality control lol. My prime source got his printer in a deal over lockdown so its a few years old now and presumably not top spec even then if it was in a sale.

You can go better though, my tertiary source is super invested and has a top end printer, and knocked out a mindblowing Salamander Mastadon a while back.

I’m sure it’s awesome. Mine are. It still takes way more work that going to games Workshop dot com clicking add to cart, buy now, and putting in your info. 

10 hours ago, Balthamal said:

Let's be 100% honest, all of this is probably being discussed behind the scenes. The fact 3d printing is overtaking a lot of the stuff being teased speaks volumes. Like assault marines are being done due to nothing more than the fact if they waited any longer, the 3d print market would completely cover any demand. Same for the bikes to an extent. If breachers aren't on the horizon come the end of the year, that's another loss making option GW/FW will be saddled with

You say "loss making option" but GW will sell enough to trade on pre-order to make a profit on whatever they do. 

15 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

A Phrozen Mighty is 2200 

I’m sure it’s awesome. Mine are. It still takes way more work that going to games Workshop dot com clicking add to cart, buy now, and putting in your info. 

and an elgoo mars 3 4k is $199 ..... thats cheaper than my mars 1. 

a mars 3 can print to a level that is basically the same level of detail as a plastic kit. 

now this is a thread about heresy speculation not proving you wrong about printers :P

296447098_10227825374157098_3300314876293752641_n (1).jpg