10th Faction Focus preview: IG

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/05/08/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-astra-militarum-2/

GEq3PtvpwAdkQbbC.jpg

Orders are still issued in command phase. If unit become shocked, order effect gone.

No detachment rules are previewed today, but the default detachment in index named "Combined Regiment".

Edited by Tokugawa

iqxFZ9cxaflSma9I.jpg

Max infantry unit size is 20 now. Wargear options still mostly follow the box content.

o9CxVgzlpkruqjKp.jpg

Baneblade datasheet. This confirmed that normal lascannon is S12 dmg d6+1, and autocannon is possibly S9 AP-1 dmg3.

j2VPS68YWZmaEy5I.jpg

Battlecannon is S10 AP-1 dmg3. No more infomation about Leman Russ.

My Thoughts:

-FRF affects plasma now.

-Chainswords are +2 attacks

-Classic Infantry Squads still exist

-Born Soldiers still exists (hopefully balanced by other choices now)

-Autocannon now does flat 3 damage (!!)

-Krak Grenade profile makes it a viable choice vs plasma now

Edited by Sergeant Bastone

I’m loving the look of this!!

Combined squads sound interesting.

I’m happy my Lascannon and Autocannons in my Infantry squads have been given a boost!

Also Demolishers seem relevant again. The humble Battlecannon has been up gunned too!

Can’t wait to see how my Forgeworld stuff has failed in the new edition.

All in seems a solid update.

The autocannon news is the biggest for me.

a full HWS of them, and an exterminator,  that’ll really help my army out a lot.

hopefully this isn’t just the profile for the ACs on the baneblade.

not a fan of the vox rework though.

also the people upset at the loss of conscripts will hopefully be satisfied being able to double the number of models on squads now.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Bastone said:

My Thoughts:

-FRF affects plasma now

-Chainswords are +2 attacks

-Classic Infantry Squads still exist

-Born Soldiers still exists (hopefully balanced by other choices now)

-Autocannon now does flat 3 damage (!!)

-Krak Grenade profile makes it a viable choice vs plasma now

Remember they changed the way weapon profiles are so they can be tailored to units, the AC profile might be just for BB variants.

yeah there’s actually a reason to take a chainsword now.

our units won’t be massive threats in melee but their threat is increased significantly by this.

Guys, guys, guys...the heavy stubber is Rapid Fire 3.

I don't know what points it'll cost on vehicles (assuming it isn't free) but I think I'll take it on everything. The age of the storm bolter is over. Now we live in the era of .50 cal.

6 minutes ago, librisrouge said:

Guys, guys, guys...the heavy stubber is Rapid Fire 3.

I don't know what points it'll cost on vehicles (assuming it isn't free) but I think I'll take it on everything. The age of the storm bolter is over. Now we live in the era of .50 cal.

I’ve always viewed it more as a .30

I don't think Vox loses it's order range. Right now, the thing that confers the bonus range is the Master Vox in the command squad, the squad vox caster is just a receiver that doesn't do anything on its own. So I imagine it's likely this still works the same way, but that the squad vox gives the added benefit of potential CP refund.

23 minutes ago, sairence said:

I don't think Vox loses it's order range. Right now, the thing that confers the bonus range is the Master Vox in the command squad, the squad vox caster is just a receiver that doesn't do anything on its own. So I imagine it's likely this still works the same way, but that the squad vox gives the added benefit of potential CP refund.

Somehow i doubt the vox gets both benefits…

I think that part of the rule is supposed to be a core rule now.

I assume that the tanks get be given Take Aim now to get the +1 to hit?  Which should apply to everything?  Heavy stubbers having 6 shots hitting on 3s is may be something

Edit: Actually I think the heavy stubber only gets 4 shots at half range.

Edited by Sergeant Bastone

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Bastone said:

I think that part of the rule is supposed to be a core rule now.

I assume that the tanks get be given Take Aim now to get the +1 to hit?  Which should apply to everything?  Heavy stubbers having 6 shots hitting on 3s is may be something

Edit: Actually I think the heavy stubber only gets 4 shots at half range.

Stubber is rapid 3 so it should get 6 in half range

2 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Stubber is rapid 3 so it should get 6 in half range

Ahh, okay.  Somebody told me that rapid fire weapons just get +1 attack at half range now.  But it looks like it still works the same way from what i can tell.

So a plasma gun is going to get 4 attacks at half range now?  Or am reading "Improve the attacks characteristic of rapid fire weapons by 1" incorrectly?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Bastone said:

Ahh, okay.  Somebody told me that rapid fire weapons just get +1 attack at half range now.  But it looks like it still works the same way from what i can tell.

So a plasma gun is going to get 4 attacks at half range now?  Or am reading "Improve the attacks characteristic of rapid fire weapons by 1" incorrectly?

If they reworked rapid fire rule I missed it.

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

hopefully this isn’t just the profile for the ACs on the baneblade.

I think that the Autocannon on the CSM squads got the same profile so that looks standard now. Makes a decent Terminator killer. The Ap is only, -1 but each failed save is a kill and they can be taken in numbers. 

21 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I think that the Autocannon on the CSM squads got the same profile so that looks standard now. Makes a decent Terminator killer. The Ap is only, -1 but each failed save is a kill and they can be taken in numbers. 

I’ll be very happy if that’s standard.

hopefully the exterminator guns are even better. S10 AP-2 would be great. That would be chewing through gravis and terminators wonderfully 

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I’ll be very happy if that’s standard.

hopefully the exterminator guns are even better. S10 AP-2 would be great. That would be chewing through gravis and terminators wonderfully 

I can't see them have more AP than Battlecannons. I expect less S, more shots, but same AP and damage.

Unless they inexplicably make them a straight downgrade again.

Edited by sairence

9 hours ago, Jud Cottrell said:

I’m loving the look of this!!

Combined squads sound interesting.

I’m happy my Lascannon and Autocannons in my Infantry squads have been given a boost!

Also Demolishers seem relevant again. The humble Battlecannon has been up gunned too!

Can’t wait to see how my Forgeworld stuff has failed in the new edition.

All in seems a solid update.

Demolisher increased to d6+3 attacks from d6, approximate 86% increase on average, while many other weapons in the game reduced lethality. Definitely a winner.

Profile of plasma cannons haven't been previewed, but plasma pistol and plasma gun already confirmed having same S as 9th. So very probably plasma weapons are not "ok against everything" option as before. I also can't see executioner higher than S9.

Edited by Tokugawa