10th Faction Focus preview: IG

8 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

…it’s because vehicles are immune to the heavy rule, even now…it’s not strange at all

The old version allowed vehicles to move while firing Heavy weapons without penalty. Its completely different now. Heavy now gives +1 to hit if it Remained Stationary. Unless theres a rule that states all vehicles are auto-stationary then they dont get the +1 to hit making it super strange that vehicle weapons arent considered heavy anymore but the same weapons on the HWT are

11 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

The old version allowed vehicles to move while firing Heavy weapons without penalty. Its completely different now. Heavy now gives +1 to hit if it Remained Stationary. Unless theres a rule that states all vehicles are auto-stationary then they dont get the +1 to hit making it super strange that vehicle weapons arent considered heavy anymore but the same weapons on the HWT are

…and BS for heavy weapons on infantry are worse now.

the rule wording has changed but the effect in game is still exactly the same.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

13 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

…and BS for heavy weapons on infantry are worse now.

the rule wording has changed but the effect in game is still exactly the same.

I dont see how its the same. Infantry that remain stationary gain +1 to hit via Heavy. Vehicles that remain stationary dont get +1 to hit via anything at all. At least for AM vehicles. Also BS for AM vehicles are now 4+ as well

Edited by Malakithe

We've seen plenty of vehicle weapons with the Heavy KW at this stage and I don't believe there's anyhing in the core rules saying it doesn't affect them. 

If one weapons doesn't have it, but another does it's because the rules team thought one needed the buff and the other doesn't. No need to read any more into that.

Heavy Weapon Squads: In overwatch they hit on a 5+, or a 4+ if an officer is around!  I like the new profiles for the Autocannon and Heavy Bolter but i'm disappointed at how crap the missile launcher is.  Since grenade launcher frags got better I thought the frag missile would have S5 or AP-1

Death Korps: Grim Demeanor and the med pack both look awesome.  Like wow.

I don't know if i like the strats.  I'll make liberal use of Suppression Fire.  That makes your guardsmen shooting effective without being lethal and you have the chance to refund the CP with the vox.  Armoured Might seems decent but Smoke seems better and is only 1 CP.  

ETA: The multilaser somehow got worse?!  It's now 4 attacks S6 AP0 (!) D1.  It was already so bad that nobody played with it save those of use that glued them on back in 5e.

Edited by Sergeant Bastone
Multilaser

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Wow, so:

officers lost a wound:ermm:

leontus has lost almost everything he had:sad:

Basilisk s8...:laugh:

and they took away the lasgun from heavy weapons

Fantastic

Leontus still looks pretty decent to me. Guaranteed extra cp every battleround sounds very handy and he comes with our best 9th ed WL-trait built in.

And with orders potentially not splashing, having a guy running around with 3 is going to be very handy.

Don't think the platoon commander losing a wound will be that big of a deal, considering he'll have a bunch more ablative wounds with him.

And the Basilisk...it's a bit of a shame, but against it's best targets which have always been power armoured units, it makes 0 difference. And the movement debuff it picked up is very nice.

16 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I dont see how its the same. Infantry that remain stationary gain +1 to hit via Heavy. Vehicles that remain stationary dont get +1 to hit via anything at all. At least for AM vehicles. Also BS for AM vehicles are now 4+ as well

9th edition 

infantry with heavy weapons move they’re less likely to hit.

10th edition

infantry with heavy weapons move, they’re less likely to hit.

what part of that are you not understanding is the same?

11 hours ago, sairence said:

Leontus still looks pretty decent to me. Guaranteed extra cp every battleround sounds very handy and he comes with our best 9th ed WL-trait built in.

And with orders potentially not splashing, having a guy running around with 3 is going to be very handy.

New profile of Leontus is neither really tough not killy in melee, so sitting among tanks and deliver as many as possible orders would be the common use. 

What unit would be better bodyguards for him?

14 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

This reminds me have we seen the datasheets for ogryn or bullgryn yet?

Not sure I want to see them:laugh:

With minus damage going, how are they even going to try and make them viable:ermm: