10th Edition Warhammer Faction Focus: Grey Knights

WAR

They're looking pretty fun, I like what I see. It's cool to see them lean more into the psychic weapons and movement, which makes them very different from Thousand Sons.

If they updated the Grey Knights range, I'd definitely be starting them.

So THAT’S where battle focus went off to. Well good. I was worried it was gone. 

Edit: Never mind it’s auto advance 6” not make a 6” after shooting. Don’t post before finishing morning coffee. Apparently I can’t read.

Edited by Shield-Captain
I’m dumb

Interestingly the Purgation Squad have a 2+ save now? May be a good sign they might be trying to bring Grey Knights back to being the 'better than the best' Marines after Custodes and Primaris kind of stole a lot of that niche from them. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Interestingly the Purgation Squad have a 2+ save now? May be a good sign they might be trying to bring Grey Knights back to being the 'better than the best' Marines after Custodes and Primaris kind of stole a lot of that niche from them. 

I noticed that as well - it's not called out as a change in the article though so I am going to cautiously assume it's a typo for now... But the idea of all Nemesis Weapons being [Psychic] S6 -2 D2 (judging by the Purgation Squad datasheet) and the ability to give a squad Devastating Wounds is going to really make a mess of some things. Especially with the ability to teleport around all over the shop. Could be a terrifyingly mobile force.

I guess the real question will be are Dreadknights the only Anti-Tank in the army, cause Psycannons aren't going to cut it.

EDIT: In the commentary: 

“Grey Knights have also become tougher and more elite, as befits their reputation and tactics, with many units gaining an improvement to their Save characteristic – often to 2+! Their psychic abilities also focus on their mastery of the warp to improve their prowess, rather than directly harming their foes. After all, none know better the perils of the warp…”

So 2+ saves base and less AP in general. It's Hammer Time.

Edited by Vassakov
Reading the article explains the article

3 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

it's not called out as a change in the article though

It is at the end.

“Grey Knights have also become tougher and more elite, as befits their reputation and tactics, with many units gaining an improvement to their Save characteristic – often to 2+! Their psychic abilities also focus on their mastery of the warp to improve their prowess, rather than directly harming their foes. After all, none know better the perils of the warp…”

4 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

I noticed that as well - it's not called out as a change in the article though so I am going to cautiously assume it's a typo for now..

Apparently not a typo

edit: oof @Metzombie right before me lol

Edited by Malakithe

3 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

I noticed that as well - it's not called out as a change in the article though so I am going to cautiously assume it's a typo for now... But the idea of all Nemesis Weapons being [Psychic] S6 -2 D2 (judging by the Purgation Squad datasheet) and the ability to give a squad Devastating Wounds is going to really make a mess of some things. Especially with the ability to teleport around all over the shop. Could be a terrifyingly mobile force.

I guess the real question will be are Dreadknights the only Anti-Tank in the army, cause Psycannons aren't going to cut it.

It is not a typo. At the end of the article they said that all grey knigths have SA of 2+

Until they get an upscaling redesign they’re essentially dead to me, but these rules are interesting.

An odd thing but I’m thrilled to see this artwork again. Among my favorites in the setting:

image.jpeg.659934787be66d04b67dfca82abdd261.jpeg

Edited by Khornestar

4 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

And the dreadnoughts, land raiders and other vehicles. They just don't seem to have a infantry based AT unit for this edition.

The mobility is top notch but I have questions. Why is the Grandmaster in NDK WS and Bs 3+? 4+ when using the hammer? Does every member of a Purifier Squad get to cast Purifying Flame or is it seriously a single shot with 1 damage? Do Thousand Sons seriously get to make all of our weapons apart from Stormbolters and Incinerators hazardous and a 4+ FNP against them all?

Deep strike abilities are super nice

Purgation Squad has a 2+ save :blink:

Psilencer and Psycannon are not heavies so 3+ to hit

Astral aim is decent

GMNDK is ok (weapons are 3+ to hit)

Overall I'm Happy

2+ basic Armor Saves on the Purgation Squad means pretty much the whole army will have that as standard.

Crazy mobility with Teleporting shenanigans across the board for pretty much all units.

Nemesis Weapons all consolidated but decent. 

Special ranged weapons all look fine.

GMNDK’s psychic ability is super powerful against Monsters and Vehicles

Purifying Flame will wound all Infantry regardless of Toughness on a 2+.

I’m pretty hyped!

5 minutes ago, Holier Than Thou said:

The mobility is top notch but I have questions. Why is the Grandmaster in NDK WS and Bs 3+? 4+ when using the hammer? Does every member of a Purifier Squad get to cast Purifying Flame or is it seriously a single shot with 1 damage? Do Thousand Sons seriously get to make all of our weapons apart from Stormbolters and Incinerators hazardous and a 4+ FNP against them all?

Purifying Flame will be an extra “psychic gun” for each Purifier model. 

9 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Until they get an upscaling redesign they’re essentially dead to me, but these rules are interesting.

An odd thing but I’m thrilled to see this artwork again. Along my favorites in the setting:

image.jpeg.659934787be66d04b67dfca82abdd261.jpeg

Give me a new grey knights saint.

That dude fighting the blood thirstier, with his glowing halo and greatersword

Really like all the teleporting as a gimmick, but yeah, id have to kitbash them all up to Primaris and i in no way have the budget for that :D Teleporting tanks are especially fun :D 

The save increase is interesting, though id still look at running nearly all Terminators because thats still my image of them :D 

2 minutes ago, Holier Than Thou said:

The mobility is top notch but I have questions.

1-Why is the Grandmaster in NDK WS and Bs 3+? 4+ when using the hammer?

2- Does every member of a Purifier Squad get to cast Purifying Flame or is it seriously a single shot with 1 damage?

3-Do Thousand Sons seriously get to make all of our weapons apart from Stormbolters and Incinerators hazardous and a 4+ FNP against them all?

1- I think it is to show it is a Heavy Weapon but it is rather lackluster

2- I was thinking the same thing

3- Unless we have a not shown stratagem to counter it. But Until we see our full rules, who knows.