Black Templars Index

Hmm, slightly in limbo, why can't the leaders attach themselves to the FB crusader squad?

And I'm assuming we can use all the fb tanks that are mentioned in the sm index and not here?

Otherwise, I'm happy so see that most of the options survived.

First feel is not too depressed, but hopeful (even though that is the first step to disappointment).

10 minutes ago, Brother Carpenter said:

And I'm assuming we can use all the fb tanks that are mentioned in the sm index and not here?

Nothing stopping ya! :)

The swap for grav tanks is due to special snowflake multimelta option.

Edited by Khornestar

Grimaldus is a versatility buffing beast.

Choose one of 3 in command phase:

We got advance and charge back!

FnP 5+

AP increased by -1

AND

grants reroll of melee attacks

can lead assault intercessors, infernus, intercessors, primaris crusaders and sword brethren.

Primaris Crusaders...5 attacks with chainsword, holy crappola.  And can reroll advance and charge rolls.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Interesting that they've tried to separate out the Emperor's Champion and Company Champion 

CC has re-rolls vs characters and heroic intervention, EC has +1 to wound and melee damage reduction once per phase, as well as a better stat-line

Honestly that's alright, reduces redundancy and gives a reason to play both if you want 

Mostly positive but a few gripes...

Am I missing something or can you not attach a Castellan/Lieutenant to a squad that has a Marshall? The Marshall does not have the CAPTAIN or CHAPTER MASTER keywords...  

Sucks to lose advance and charge (a stratagem that the Gladius Task Force does technically have) 

Why does the EC not have 'Lone Operative' keyword? He imparts no bonus to a squad he joins as far as I can see

So no characters can lead Bladeguard including the Marshal, does that mean we'll have to use the regular Marine characters such as a Primaris Captain to include Bladeguard and just pretend they're a marshal? Bit perturbed by this.

Edited by Kilamandaros

3 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Asked on the BT forum but will ask here also; can we still take a Primaris Captain/Lieutenant etc. to attach to Bladeguard and just pretend they're a Marshal/Castellan?

Dont see why not. The Marshall and Castellan datasheets are just to cover those specific models wargear since they're not listed in the main SM index characters. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Oooooh.

Probably could have saved time with a single line "Multi-meltas can only be taken if you have the Black Templars keyword".

It goes against the ethos of having all of the options on one datasheet. Friends and I were discussing this yesterday about our Marshal and Castellan loadouts, and I bet they would need dedicated datasheets for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

Dont see why not. The Marshall and Castellan datasheets are just to cover those specific models wargear since they're not listed in the main SM index characters. 

I was planning on using the captain datasheet for a Bladeguard build Marshal.

4 minutes ago, Doobles88 said:

Yes I think you're right but want to double check - especially as the Bladeguard captain is basically made to have Tannhauser's Bones!

7 minutes ago, Kilamandaros said:

Asked on the BT forum but will ask here also; can we still take a Primaris Captain/Lieutenant etc. to attach to Bladeguard and just pretend they're a Marshal/Castellan?

Yes, the specific units you can't take are the top of the Index. If you check the armoury/backside of the datacards it tells you which units they "count-as" for the purposes of Bodyguarding. For example, the Firstborn Crusader Squad:

image.png.6e8a804be3e9a4e43398eca420ecaa0c.png

@Sword Brother Adelard All the options would still be on one sheet. Just like in 9th, there would a single datasheet that has limitations on certain pieces of wargear.

Actually the exact opposite of there being an option not available on the sheet but you are able to take.

Edited by Captain Idaho