Munitorum Field Manual (Points)

6 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

It's fixed squad sizes and free wargear folks

I may be misunderstanding, but the squad sizes seem to be changeable; and while some wargear isn't paid for, it is for some units.

+++Edit+++

Ha – was looking at the 9th edition version! Sorry all.

Edited by apologist

Crumbs, it would always help if I pasted the right link in there and not 9th edition Munitorum points in there, eh? :eek:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/oF1iWIkNsvlUHByM.pdf

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

It’s amazing how my enthusiasm for 10th has fallen off entirely once seeing these indexes and the points situation. The fixed squad sizes and lack of wargear points is fine for AoS where there are very few options within a unit, but there is no universe in which a tactical squad with a flamer and a heavy bolter should cost the same as one with a melta gun and a lascannon. 

2 minutes ago, Torvak Kyre said:

It’s amazing how my enthusiasm for 10th has fallen off entirely once seeing these indexes and the points situation. The fixed squad sizes and lack of wargear points is fine for AoS where there are very few options within a unit, but there is no universe in which a tactical squad with a flamer and a heavy bolter should cost the same as one with a melta gun and a lascannon. 

I agree. But apparently that is not the game they want anymore. They just want you to roll dice “have fun” and stop asking questions. 

Honestly it seems like the dev team has been rushed, or lacks manpowers everything about the rules seem rushed. Like a AAA Live Service game out a year before it should coughfallout76cough.

Fixed unit sizes? Oh no. It works in AoS but not 40k surely. The Custodes stuff has weird things as a result where you can take 2, 3, 5 or 6 Allarus. But not 4. So stupid.

On the plus side, 485 point Knight Tyrant? I already liked the data sheet, but at that point level it's definitely seeing play for me!

The fixed squad sizes are indeed annoying. They make it difficult to fill out points and also transports. A Land Raider has a capacity of 12 so you can't fit a squad of 6 aggressors and a character in it, for example.

I quite like giving free upgrades though. It means Sergeants will have all their kit now because they may as well, making them more individual (or identical, but with the same best upgrades).

Wow. So GW went with power level and just called them points and expected no one to mind?

Fixed squad sizes too. No wargear costs...

I think we need 11th edition to fix what they've done here.

Ok simplified but this seems a bit too much, basically I buy the models, equip them as I see fit absolutely for free and then play?
Why shouldn't I take every upgrade possible for every unit?
I hope this is a sort of "version 1.0, we give you the points so you may play some games to get adjusted to the new rules" and then with subsequent versions they put some coherent point values for everything...