Munitorum Field Manual (Points)

4 minutes ago, Akerkoke said:

Ok simplified but this seems a bit too much, basically I buy the models, equip them as I see fit absolutely for free and then play?
Why shouldn't I take every upgrade possible for every unit?
I hope this is a sort of "version 1.0, we give you the points so you may play some games to get adjusted to the new rules" and then with subsequent versions they put some coherent point values for everything...

This is it. Unless the fallout is so vocal and massive that we get a 10.5 edition in a year or so

Uh ... are T'au Drones free? There aren't any points for Drones outside of the Tactical Drone unit, and that's a wholly different thing from unit upgrades.

Right now RAW they've given all Crisis Suit models a free +2 wounds I guess.

Just now, Redcomet said:

This is it. Unless the fallout is so vocal and massive that we get a 10.5 edition in a year or so

Well I don't mind on playing tournaments so it is relatively fine for me.
I'd like to see what will be in the 10th codexes.
Also 10.5 won't probably be needed, maybe munitorum manual 1.5 will be, or they will put out a munitorum for tournaments... Frankly I don't see any possibility to do a competitive game without points for wargear

Some of these points values seem really wild. There's a number of units that seem priced as if for an entirely different edition.

I'm willing to try some games with this wild west of a piints landscape, but given the points are all being handled digitally, I really hope we see swift adjustments as feedback from actual play comes in - and ideally some of the most egregious offenders recosted ASAP.

27 minutes ago, Torvak Kyre said:

It’s amazing how my enthusiasm for 10th has fallen off entirely once seeing these indexes and the points situation. The fixed squad sizes and lack of wargear points is fine for AoS where there are very few options within a unit, but there is no universe in which a tactical squad with a flamer and a heavy bolter should cost the same as one with a melta gun and a lascannon. 

-Let alone containing a sergeant w/chainsword & boltgun

compared to

-one with power fist & combi.

Did the 40k team just copy the AoS team’s homework and call it a week? 

They didn’t even bother separating the lists into HQ, Elites etc. So the Winged Hive Tyrants points are on the opposite end of the list than the foot one? 

Edited by Redcomet

Nearly 400 points for a monolith?? I think GW’s gone cracked in the head. 

nice to see characters and stuff being appropriately cheap but good LORD this is ridiculous.

But this whole wargear thing… Throne on Terra. It’s insane. Right, who wants to go play third where granularity actually mattered…

“Unit sizes are now much easier to manage. Rather than adding individual models to a squad, you buy them in increments – sets of five models, 10 models, and so on. These generally correlate to the quantity you’ll get in that unit’s box, so you won’t need to agonise over how to include all of the models you’ve bought."

What a crock of...

I see the plague marines box is still 7 guys. So.....

Way easier for me to add 7 guys to a squad, one at a time, rather than need to buy multiple boxes to meet increments of 5.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Wonder why they went with a partial AoS type of unit pointing this time.

Points increases everywhere....they are really trying to trim down 40k into what AoS is. A small skirmish game

Are we looking at the same datasheets? :sweat: A lot of stuff I'm looking at (Eldar, GC, nids, Thousand Sons) have dropped significantly, particularly the characters - Ahriman on disc has dropped 70pts from 180 to 110 (and still isn't worth it), base rubrics down to 95 from 105 (or down to 95 from 117 for a unit with flamers); fire dragons are down to 17ppm from 24, GSC characters are around the 50-60pt mark. 

It seems they want Eldar to be a horde army?!

Edited by Xenith

2 minutes ago, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

nice to see characters and stuff being appropriately cheap but good LORD this is ridiculous.

But this whole wargear thing… Throne on Terra. It’s insane. Right, who wants to go play third where granularity actually mattered…

If you're in the Northeast US, come swing by, haha.

Friends and I have been planning and aiming towards a couple months of "hammer through the ages." 4th, 7th, etc...  while weeding out the nonsense like formations in 7th. Just "combined arms" detachments.

2 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Are we looking at the same datasheets? :sweat: A lot of stuff I'm looking at (Eldar, GC, nids, Thousand Sons) have dropped significantly, particularly the characters - Ahriman on disc has dropped 70pts from 180 to 110 (and still isn't worth it), fire dragons are down to 17ppm from 24, GSC characters are around the 50-60pt mark. 

It seems they want Eldar to be a horde army?!

They want to sell more kits. 

3 minutes ago, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch said:

Meanwhile a 525 point shadowsword pretty much one shots it across the table lol

125 point rangers while cadians are 65 is also prime :cuss: material

25 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Wow. So GW went with power level and just called them points and expected no one to mind?

Fixed squad sizes too. No wargear costs...

I think we need 11th edition to fix what they've done here.

It is kind of funny.

I mean maybe in some alternate reality they have finally got all the weapon upgrades balanced, and they are indeed all equal in value to eachother but well...I wouldnt bet a dollar on it.

Its just GW giving up on this level of balance.

Building kill teams for deathwatch is a little weird since they have min sizes of 5 of a particular unit and then you can add other models, but it seems like if you do, you have to add 5 since (if?) the unit size is fixed at 5 or 10.