Standalone Core Rules & Tyrannic War (Standard & Limited Ed) + Index Cards

1 minute ago, Triszin said:

Le is cool.

But Levi core rules aren't to pricey on eBay ATM.

Yep, good for people who want to buy just those books individually, but the rulebook and cards are available on eBay for super cheap right now.

Some people are selling the book + mission cards for $55, which is probably the best price anyone is going to get on this stuff.

Index cards... I have personally soured on the Votann ones, because the Index is not a finished product. Probably just going to wait for the codex to buy the cards.

I really love artwork on the Core Rulebook, I'd trade my Leviathan book for one if I could and the LE is gorgeous but I try to avoid those sort of things these days. I would probably buy the Space Marine cards if they weren't one of the first codexes coming out, I'm hoping to get plenty of games in with my marines and physical cards would be super convenient but I imagine a handful of them might change as new kits come out or whole new units we haven't seen yet get added with the codex.

I'm probably going to pass on the space marine cards till after their codex releases...actually given that I only play space marines, necrons (and on Saturday, nids again), I probably won't bother with any of the index cards, and just make do till the codex ones are out.

I'd love to try crusade rules, may have to see of the son is keen.

(By the by, I'm betting a £15-20 price tag on the cards)

Glad the Crusade book is dropping so fast. I've decided not to pursue the big Leviathan box- I figured I'd throw what I save into catching up with my Kill Teams- I need Novitiates, Kroot and Breachers.

I think that putting out a hardcover Crusade book with the stand-alone BRB is a good idea... But GW dropped the ball again; such a book SHOULDN'T be a campaign supplement; it should be the collected bespoke content from dexes, because waiting 2 years of a three year edition to start your Crusade is not very player-friendly. I get that they want dexes to be hype for Crusade players too, but maybe there's a middle ground.

My campaign is set on the Western Fringe, so I guess it works for me, but Tyranids are a long way off; I've got a GSC growing in the shadows, and it has to get big enough to summon Nids in order for them to show up.. 

I like the idea of the cards but the indexes (some more than others) feel unfinished even by index standards. Especially at the price I've no doubt they'll be, and the amount of armies I've got, they're a no. 

Pdf editor to cut the Pdf down to just the units in my list and a tablet will be my solution in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Beware that the core book does not contain the free crusade rules (they release this week), nor the tyrannic wars crusade rules, those go in separate book. 

The Leviathan Book has everything.

Here I was thinking that Leviathan has all the books, but as the separate volumes, but by gosh I need to learn to read

8 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

I dont get the logic of limiting this to 1600 copies when its made offsite, not saying make 160,000 but I think they should make more copies of the thing that I want to buy

That undermines the point of it being a Limited Edition - in the same way that making an Event Exclusive miniature available outside of a given event undermines the point of it being Event Exclusive. It does suck for people that can't fight through the crowd online or attend an event in person, admittedly.

image.png

Edited by Joe
a word

Wait, those index card listings, are they bundles? Or is that just a way of saving spaces instead of saying index blood angels, index Necrons etc  etc? Also happy to be wrong with my price prediction.

Hmm if the index cards are full bundles at those (odd) prices then getting every single one for about £50 isn't actually that bad. Or at least is a lot less bad than I thought it would be.

Wonder if they'll be available through FLGSs or just direct. The odd prices make me think they're purely direct. 

At the other end of the spectrum, more than half the price of my Leviathan box is now covered by the books in it. Can't tell if it makes the box a bargain or the books a rip off.