Standalone Core Rules & Tyrannic War (Standard & Limited Ed) + Index Cards

I’m hoping some 3rd sleeve maker does some correct size sleeves asap. I have a printer which can duplex but no laminator and the local print shops all closed long ago.

Having said that between me, my son and my mate, we could use most of the xenos set, so might end up buying that. 

I can absolutely let slide the shoddy state of the cards and indexes in a digital environment. It's fine. It's not technically out yet, just quietly fix it and update them, No biggie.

But then there being physical products bearing the same unfinished alpha version non proofed version of the rules? Eh, keep that crud away from me, much less try and charge anyone for it.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

23 hours ago, Redcomet said:

That LE core book is gorgeous.

I am not comfortable buying those cards. I don’t think they will be current for very long.

The Crusade book I am getting however, as it will be how I will be playing 10th, with a group of mates.

I don't want to buy the cards because I don't WANT them to be current for long.

3 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

The pricing on the card packs does feel a bit random. Maybe it's genuinely based on the actual number of cards in each pack so they can say it works out at 5p a card or something like that?

Can't be that since based on the weight SM get way more cards while actually being the second cheapest

My concern is that they may not have proof read them and just printed the digital ones. I'm curious as to if the marines and tyranid ones just contain the index versions in which case what is the point in buying them?

It's armies that are left till last that gain the most from buying these cards. 

1 hour ago, Doghouse said:

My concern is that they may not have proof read them and just printed the digital ones. I'm curious as to if the marines and tyranid ones just contain the index versions in which case what is the point in buying them?

It's armies that are left till last that gain the most from buying these cards. 

This is why I was initially passing on these (may have to get the blood angels one for my son) as all of my three armies have their books out this year, so there's little point in these cards (necrons may be the exception but I think I can manage without)

5 hours ago, The Spitehorde said:

I feel sorry for the FLGS that will have to buy the bundles. They're going to be left with an awful lot of cards for the factions that aren't big sellers.

My FLGS is saying they're getting minimal allocation of the cards and they're unable to serve all interested. 

So on one hand i want to encourage unit cards as they are really useful, but on the other hand GW screwed all the indexes i play so i likely wont play til codex anyway, and already have a fat wodge of worthless warcry and white dwarf cards clogging up my basing pile...

I think people at LGS locations should go in together on these.

Buy your pack and split it up.

By example if I bought the Xenos deck, I'd keep the Tyranids, GSC and Tau. Then my group could use the Ork and Necrons. I'd totally give the Eldar, Votaan etc to whomever.

I wonder if we could set up a swap thread or something to that effect:ermm:  Helps save waste?

Ill be getting an imperial and xenos deck, so ill want the guard, eldar, tau, dark eldar, tyranids, and cults, anything else is spare, 

Spare can go to someone who wants them rather than just chucking them away:yes:

5 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Just stick the ones you don't want on eBay for a couple of quid a set? Why anybody would consider throwing them out without a thought is beyond me.

Simple, for same the time to take the pic, make the listing and package and post the item is worth less then a few quid, for some its worth more. So unless they know someone who wants them its bin ( well recycling). 

Edited by Nagashsnee

6 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

Simple, for same the time to take the pic, make the listing and package and post the item is worth less then a few quid, for some its worth more. So unless they know someone who wants them its bin ( well recycling). 

Okay but taking the pic, posting on the forum "swap thread" suggested earlier, package and post them to a frater is somehow fundamentally different?

3 hours ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Take this with the requisite salt but poster on an FB group Im in says his FLGS told him they are only being sent on set/bundle of each of the index cards

I can believe that sadly.

If they are going to refresh the physical cards to match fixing the glaring errors in some of the datacards that's definitely a good outcome, as some factions are going to be index only for a good long time yet with the current slow codex release schedule posted. 

17 minutes ago, acrozatarim said:

I really hope that means we'll see some more significant overhauls to the factions that really need it, like DG and Ad Mech, as well as a general clean up of errors and issues.

I wouldn't expect rewrites to the main rules or a balance pass for factions like DG, admech or sisters soon. Best we can hope for is likely just the the obvious stuff that got picked up after the designs went to the printers, and potentially specific errors that have been flagged since they went up online. 

20 minutes ago, acrozatarim said:

I really hope that means we'll see some more significant overhauls to the factions that really need it, like DG and Ad Mech, as well as a general clean up of errors and issues.

I'm betting they're only going after the grammar, otherwise you'd see an update in the pdf as well.