Legends of the Horus Heresy

2 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

So they release LEGENDS before tournament legal rules for half of Custodes and Knights. Is this supposed to be funny? 

It's a meta commentary on how people actually liked everything that's going to LEGENDS, and not two of the most reviled factions in the game.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

It's a meta commentary on how people actually liked everything that's going to LEGENDS, and not two of the most reviled factions in the game.

Haha I didn't mean you :D I meant in general, if gw thinks it's funny, I should've clarified, but I didn't read your "fun times ahead" part :D

Still no FW Custodes stuff. The wait continues!

Still no idea how they're coming up with the order they're listed in. Seems random from one document to the next. No points either yet to go along with these documents from what I can see.

Anyway, looks like there's a few fun things in there. My Heresy army may still pull a bit of double duty in 40K until the Legends rules break.

1 minute ago, Doobles88 said:

Still no FW Custodes stuff. The wait continues!

Yeah, no rush GW, take your sweet time, we are only missing half of our rules. Who needs rules for half their models, am I right? They look nice on the shelves. 

I really hope they have them ready before release day... 

4 minutes ago, Brother Casman said:

No Relic Predators in these? Will they be in the Imperial Armour Compendium or just gone, I wonder?

I'm pretty sure this is it now, if it's not in any of these PDFs, I don't see them getting rules which is a shame. Perhaps proxying them as Annihilators or Destructors is the way?

They do recommend that we can use the index datasheets for appropriately armed Deimos predators, i.e. just a straight proxy for the 40k Mars patterns, but the other turret options would have to have been in here, which they don't appear to be. e.g. conversion beamer, magna-melta etc etc

Edited by Arkhanist

4 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

I'm pretty sure this is it now, if it's not in any of these PDFs, I don't see them getting rules which is a shame. Perhaps proxying them as Annihilators or Destructors is the way?

I'm thinking if they don't turn up in regular Legends or the IA compendium, I'll probably draft some house rules for them. That'll be fun.

Imperial Armour to come as well, so stuff missing from here may be there. We'll see.

At least Spartans (and Mastodons, I want a Mastodon) can carry Primaris now, which means we can move entertainingly big piles of Gravis around. 

Speaking of the Spartan. No Assault Ramp rule for it? Why not? It's pretty much just a stretched limo version of a Land Raider, which does. Both the Proteus and the Achilles get that rule. 

Just when you think that GW can't get any more bone, they somehow manage to. 

Edited by The Spitehorde

Assuming (I know, never assume with GW) that points on these Legends-units will be about what they "should" be:

- Kratos: Looks fine.
Kratos Battle Cannon is still trash (must be intentional at this point right?), Volkite Cardanelle still great (esp with OoM) and... Melta blast-gun actually looks decent now? A melta-weapon with more than 9 Str? Is that even legal?
Line-breaker as a rule is pretty boring though, not gonna lie, especially since it barely has any blast-weapons. Not getting -1 to hit is nice I suppose.

- Leviathan Dreads: Meh.
Lost some wounds and what with dreads of all flavours getting a 2+ this is literally simply a Redemptor with a 5++ now: Exact same statline, same special rule and even the same melee-weapon with different name.

The only difference other than the 5++ is the ranged weapons, but neither the Melta Lance (typo that it's not [blast]?), the Stormcannon or the Grav-flux Bombard really impresses me. The fact that it doesn't gain anything from having two melee-weapons seems like an oversight (or just lazy ruleswriting).

Awaiting final judgement untill I've seen the actual points.

Edited by Minsc

11 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Overall I like some of the rules, particularly for stuff I actually own.

Shame I won't be able to use any of it for any of the events I attend, or my gaming group as they want updated and balanced rules.

Everything is "balanced" for a bit, so get your games in while you can.  I see no reason why any group would exclude these cards, at least until the first real set of tournament changes comes through.

Have fun with your toys.