Legends of the Horus Heresy

12 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

It's missing the Legends Legends stuff too. Unless we don't get 10th edition rules for things like the Land Raider Helios or Siege Dreadnought.

Indeed the argument that it's fine because it's in Legends and not a graveyard, then you see other stuff disappear in an edition, doesn't encourage me whatsoever...

25 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Everything is "balanced" for a bit, so get your games in while you can.  I see no reason why any group would exclude these cards, at least until the first real set of tournament changes comes through.

Have fun with your toys.

Thing is, saying this online doesn't change their minds. And it doesn't solve the problem as to when they are no longer relevant/up to date.

And it won't help tournaments either.

Edited by Captain Idaho

Just now, Captain Idaho said:

Indeed the argument that it's fine because it's in Legends and not a graveyard, then you see other stuff disappear in an edition, doesn't encourage me whatsoever...

Thing is, saying this online doesn't change their minds. And it doesn't solve the problem as to when they are no longer relevant/up to date.

And it won't help tournaments either.

Never said anything about Tournaments; GW's stance there is pretty firm.

What argument could your local group have about these cards?  They're as updated as any other data card (besides death watch lol) in 10th.

Seems like you're just admitting defeat before even trying.

4 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

What argument could your local group have about these cards?  They're as updated as any other data card (besides death watch lol) in 10th.

I mean, for one thing, they dont have any points values?

19 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Real life there is no argument. Conversations go like this:

"Nah they don't balance that. I'm not playing that. I'll play Paul tonight instead. "

1 minute ago, Captain Idaho said:

"Nah they don't balance that. I'm not playing that. I'll play Paul tonight instead. "

But surely it's not just you on the other side of this argument? Are you really the only one with these toys in your club?

As long as you're not seriously abusing strong Heresy/FW models by taking mulitples, what's the problem? If you're having arguments over what you can use in local gaming clubs in casual games I don't know what to say. This 'meta' problem has infected everything.

Edited by Bradeh

Some of these units are pretty nice, none of them are going to change the state of the game.

The Astraeus tank is not amongst these, which I guess makes sense. The tank, alongside the Thunderhawk, are going to be the prestige Forgeworld additions to a 40k Marine faction.

Just now, Karhedron said:

It has Fire Support instead of Assault Ramp? What are GW thinking? :blink:

Honestly? 

I think the task of redoing all the units into datacards for 10th has over taxed the development team and hence, they are very rushed. Forced to meet a corporate mandated release window, so the numbers look good in that quarter. I honestly don’t think the 3 year edition time is doable anymore, with how big the game has come. Especially when it comes to the “reset” editions

I wonder if they will release the downloadable files in other languages. For the moment looks like it is only in English. Other downloads were made available and multilanguage at the same moment for all other stuff...

I am also puzzled by the LR Proteus - I understood from the WarCom publications that it will not be included and instead will have to be used as "count as" model. May be they set it into for the Augury Web??? Or I misunderstood which will not be the first time neither...

Interesting that it does not lose the Ramp when fitted with an Augury Web, even if the model is in that case assemblied without any kind of ramp..

11 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Maybe they thought it was too big a transport capacity to allow to move, disembark and charge?

With all the inconsistencies and errors in the indexes, do you seriously think that’s what it is?  I don’t.

1 minute ago, Orange Knight said:

In fairness the support fire rule is extremely good.

Can multiple units still ride in a vehicle? The Spartan has a fantastic capacity and the firepower is great.

Since I'm thinking of using it to dump a pile of slow Gravis armoured stuff onto objectives up field, supporting fire is extremely useful.

2 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Overall I like some of the rules, particularly for stuff I actually own.

Shame I won't be able to use any of it for any of the events I attend, or my gaming group as they want updated and balanced rules.

These are about as up to date as you can possibly get…

13 minutes ago, Bouargh said:

I am also puzzled by the LR Proteus - I understood from the WarCom publications that it will not be included and instead will have to be used as "count as" model. May be they set it into for the Augury Web??? Or I misunderstood which will not be the first time neither...

Interesting that it does not lose the Ramp when fitted with an Augury Web, even if the model is in that case assemblied without any kind of ramp..

The Proteus can use lascannons or flamers instead of the twin heavy bolter, which is not a supported option on the standard LR.  If you have a Proteus with heavy bolters you can use it as a standard LR but if you went with other hull weapons you need the Legends version.

12 minutes ago, Bouargh said:

I wonder if they will release the downloadable files in other languages. For the moment looks like it is only in English. Other downloads were made available and multilanguage at the same moment for all other stuff...

I think what they said was that if you build the Proteus with a front ramp, and hull heavy bolters, you can just use it as a “normal” Land Raider in your regular codex/data cards as it’s basically an older model Land Raider. Or, you can use the Legends rules for the Proteus specifically if you want, or if it has non-codex weapons or the augury web. All assuming your opponent allows it.

Why is the Dreadnought drop pod in legends? Its a common use vehicle in every single chapter of marines to get dreadnoughts to the ground. The Cerebus and Typhon look ok. Nothing special, hopefully wont be too expensive. If a player wont play against these things then they are trash and not worth playing in the first place. I just think its BS that all these brand new plastic vehicles and dreads are legend even though many are less than a year old.