=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

Hello everyone, the pledges are coming along nicely!

I finished my 2nd pledge, Decimus and Taloghast, 2 Chaos Chosen for 2 points.

Decimus and Taloghast

4. Completed Decimus and Taloghast.jpg

Decimus from front

20230804_233028.jpg

Action shot of Decimus chopping a Flesh Hound in half at a tournament last weekend

20230805_115605.jpg

Taloghast from front

20230804_233152.jpg

Taloghast from rear

20230804_233137.jpg

Decimus from rear

20230804_233058.jpg

Action shot of Taloghast chopping up a Obliterator (well the squad's 2 powerfists really are the ones that killed the Oblit)  :) 

20230805_161756.jpg

Ave Dominus Nox!

I, Metzombie, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 3 Deathshroud and 8 Plaguemarines for 11 Points for the Glory of the Death Guard and the Chaos Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

20230807_220532.thumb.jpg.26f19d92a1d03bf2fb78bce62e9de6c6.jpg

Edited by Metzombie

Had a long weekend, which allowed me to get both my Lucius and Thunderhammer Lord done.  Here they are:

xImG7Ff.jpg

PDXYrVa.jpg

If you are so enclined, you can see more photos of Lucius and my noise marines  here and my hammer lord here.

Lot going on here this past week - good to see.  Keep up the work everyone!

@Cpt.Danjou - I hope your circumstances have improved to let you put some more work into your MoE and termies.

@Brother Captain Arkley - You had mentioned vowing some mini minis - you in a position to do that yet?

@Brother Argent - Working on vows for the enemy strongholds first is not acceptable!  Indeed, its trechery!  And as we all know, one thing that is absolutely unacceptable to the traiter legions is treachery! /s  In all seriousness, good luck on your other vows and I hope you can turn your attention to your chaos vow soon - as a stronghold, we are still quite far behind.

@gaurdian31 - Your havocs look great!  Your legionaires are really coming along and look great as well.

@Cactus - Good to see you getting some paint onto your own hammerlord - so far it looks great.  Be interesting to compare how each of ours does that model - as it currently stands, it is at least 3 different vows.

@legoman - Thanks for the compliment.  Your havocs look great too and I'm looking forward to the last 2.

@Boc - Your knight is awesome - you should be proud!  Really makes me tempted to pick one up one for myself.  Good start on the wardog as well - it will be interesting to see how you do the wardog to fit in with his big brother.

@crimsondave - Your black legion sorcerer and hammer lord look great, and is an excellent first attempt at the colourscheme.  You might want to try highlighting the black, as from what I've seen that is what is really necessary to have black legion look their best.  You sure do have a lot of trim ahead of you, though...

@Tallarn Commander - Your cultist and chosen are great.  My understanding is you have 1 chaos vow left and 2 months left to complete it - you thinking of tossing a larger vow in for chaos to top things off?

@Plaguecaster - Your nurgle predator is such a great kitbash and looks great painted.  Any thoughts on another vow?

@sitnam - Your bestiginaries look great!  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

@renegadeguard - Your Mutantchans are great - I imagine they will look even better when you have them painted.  Can't wait!

@Valkia the Bloody - Welcome and thanks for throwing your hat into the ring!  I'm eager to see if, in khornate fashion, you will "paint the walls red". :smile:

@spiros14 - I like your assembled heresy era predator - that's such a nice kit.  Your two warriors are also great - that tiny tatoo is fantastic.

@Metzombie - Welcome as well, and that is a very nurgly first vow!

@Celtic_cauldron@Muskie@Trixie, and @Teetengee, hope you have all been able to work on your vows - we are all eager to here how they are progressing.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@crimsondave - Your black legion sorcerer and hammer lord look great, and is an excellent first attempt at the colourscheme.  You might want to try highlighting the black, as from what I've seen that is what is really necessary to have black legion look their best.  You sure do have a lot of trim ahead of you, though...

I didn’t highlight the black on the sorcerer.  I may go back and do that…..one day.  The Lord did have some highlights but the dark reaper didn’t show up in the picture too well.  It’s pretty light anyway.  I’m trying Black Templar contrast over a metallic undercoat on the legionaries.  It’s just too many to do much highlighting on.  It’s definitely a process that’s going to take longer than I hoped.

IMG_0147.thumb.jpeg.e8602ae675716f7b62ab77e1e3b6a008.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

*SNIP*

@Brother Captain Arkley - You had mentioned vowing some mini minis - you in a position to do that yet?

I still am going to but life and a mistake I made with something else kind of put me in a hobby funk for a week. I am back at my Terminators so hoping to finish in a day or 2.

Then I will vow my baby tonks.

Man, with all those beautiful IW miniatures in here, I definitely feel the urge to paint as well. Still some weeks before I am done with renovating our home and being able to unpack all painting stuff again, but hopedully with enough time left until September 30:happy:

Edited by Kythnos

1 hour ago, sitnam said:

I don’t know about everyone else, but @Dr_Ruminahui big review posts are my favorite part of this contest. Thanks for the positivity!

Also the mask on that Thunderlord is super cool

I would second that on @Dr_Ruminahui. We may not have many points compared to the others (I blame all the trim!), but we do have lots of engagement! 

18 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Your cultist and chosen are great.  My understanding is you have 1 chaos vow left and 2 months left to complete it - you thinking of tossing a larger vow in for chaos to top things off

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I shall soon be making a 3rd pledge: 5 Legionaries and 2 Traitor Guard.  :)

18 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@gaurdian31 - Your havocs look great!  Your legionaires are really coming along and look great as well.

Thank you! Your Lord and Lucius came out really well! Love the blood running out of your Lord's mask. Hoping to have the Legionaries done by the end of the week so I can start on my Dark Apostle and his Disciples. Everybody is doing great work! Keep it up! 

18 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

Just a little question? How do you stick the participation badge to your signature? It always claims it has to many lines, and I have copy pasted it, saved it and still the same error.

Cpt.Danjou

The best thing to do is to Right click on the image and click "Copy Link"

Then when you're editing your Signature, paste it and it should figure itself out straight away :happy:

Fantastic work all round folks!

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

On 8/8/2023 at 10:39 AM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

I still am going to but life and a mistake I made with something else kind of put me in a hobby funk for a week. I am back at my Terminators so hoping to finish in a day or 2.

Then I will vow my baby tonks.

OK I only have heraldry to do on each Terminator and I am done so hopefully tonight (10th) I will add my Tonks.

6 hours ago, Boc said:

Stalker is complete

20230809_183154.thumb.jpg.068f7114514d59d072ce8139358129be.jpg20230809_183219.thumb.jpg.d0c619e1d0b73213d0ee87b2fc387391.jpg20230809_183207.thumb.jpg.581253533965bb172bbf6063ef2ac2c5.jpg

Now to figure out how the heck to put together a second hand disassembled Tyrant

And I'm out of superglue

Looks fantastic. Can I ask how you did the base and also how yoi get the bronzey colour on the chimney type things on his back? Thanks

5 hours ago, legoman said:

Can I ask how you did the base and also how yoi get the bronzey colour on the chimney type things on his back?

The base is a scenic resin historically from Secret Weapon Miniatures, which can now be bought from Elrik's Hobbies. The blood goop is just Elmer's clear glue with red paint added to it.

PSX_20230304_180300.thumb.jpg.8f7a585cf0515f80f629eb4c53bb36be.jpg

The smoke stacks are screaming bell base, dry brushed with runefang silver and washed with reikland flesh shade. 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Fixed formatting :)

4 hours ago, Boc said:

The base is a scenic resin historically from Secret Weapon Miniatures, which can now be bought from Elrik's Hobbies. The blood goop is just Elmer's clear glue with red paint added to it.

PSX_20230304_180300.thumb.jpg.8f7a585cf0515f80f629eb4c53bb36be.jpg

The smoke stacks are screaming bell base, dry brushed with runefang silver and washed with reikland flesh shade. 

Great, thanks 

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 3 Fellblades for 6 pts for the Glory of the Warmaster and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

large.20230810_204311.jpg.da3f01b6f5331aded2e388d8bd766178.jpg

@Dr_RuminahuiFinally!!! :P

@Grotsmasha You sure its only 1pt per tank.... They are almost Cavalry size :P

Edited by Brother Captain Arkley

Almost a week later than my last post and 12 more to go.  This is brutal.  I’m not hating the way they look though.  The contrast black over the metallic gold gives the black a little something.  Not nearly as good as highlights but when you’re doing 30 it’s fine with me.  I don’t have the ability to do much beyond basic anyway.  YouTube and newer, better paints are the only reason I can paint at all.

Spoiler

IMG_0164.thumb.jpeg.9389eeb20a1138360cf0792e85dfc3f7.jpeg

This guy is nothing special from a skill perspective but I like the way he turned out.  I had a goof on the mouth and decided to use some tesseract glow on it instead of trying to fix it and now it looks like he just enjoyed a good hurl.

Spoiler

IMG_0165.thumb.jpeg.8ccd3c191b3408d9f5dcc99752100a3f.jpeg

Edited by crimsondave
Fixed spoiler