=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

@crimsondave they look great to me, especially that freaky red flesh. After plugging away at my 3 guys from Blackstone Fortress I have a lot of respect for anyone who can produce entire units of Black Legion.

Nothing to show on my end this week - after what was a pretty intensive (for me) period painting last weekend, my hobby time this week was instead spent building things.

@sitnam & @legoman I'm glad you like my weekly recaps - I'm happy that I can help keep others motivated!  And @gaurdian31 & @legoman thanks for the compliments!

@crimsondave - Your black legion look great, and I don't think you should have any complaints about how they turned out.  Sure, highlights are great if you are taking extreme close ups, but from any reasonable distance they don't really add anything, and with the number of models you've signed yourself up for really aren't feasible.  The puke on your red headed fellow seems like a fortunate accident, as it adds a bit of contrast (as well as a bit of humour) to the model.  I really like how your trim came out - what did you paint over the retributor to get that colour?

@Cpt.Danjou - They are looking good - did your tape come in?  If it didn't, you could try painter's tape, which you can get at pretty much any hardware or home improvement type store (its what I use when trying to make straight lines).

@Kythnos - Hope you can get your home renos done in time to toss your hat into the ring.

@Tallarn Commander - Glad to hear you have one last vow in you - I look forward to seeing your progress.

@gaurdian31 - How are your legionaires coming along? You thought you might have them done this week.

@Boc - Love your Stalker - bet he looks great next to his big brother.  And thanks for the tutorial on your red goop.

@Brother Captain Arkley - Great to see your miniature giant space tanks!  Eager to see what faction you do them as.

@spiros14 - Your walls look very nice - as I've mentioned elsewhere, you've done a good job with picking out the details without it taking forever to do it (which is my problem when I try painting GW terrain :sweat:).

@Cactus - Good work on your hammer lord - looking forward to seeing how you finish him off.  The multicoloured cable tubing is a really interesting effect that I haven't seen done before - looks good.

From my math, we are now half way through, so keep at it everyone!

We didn't hear from a whole bunch of people this week as to their progress - I hope they are keeping plugging along.  @Brother Argent,  @legoman@sitnam@renegadeguard@Valkia the Bloody@Metzombie@Celtic_cauldron@Muskie@Trixie, and @Teetengee come let us know how you are doing!

Well to show some sort of progress here is a before shot

large.CalltoArmsChaosBefore.jpg.165b9fa8ee0865419cbca1374cf23b2d.jpg.bc4b09d06e3199b77d02003b04feed50.jpg

Only been a year since I got these guys from Eldritch Omens.  Been struggling with everything I have on the go so not sure if there will be much progress but hope to get them sorted some point soonish...

Thank's Dr Ruminahui, these updates have been really helping motivate me into writing more on my progress. Typically I end up taking the longest time between updates just to do bare plastic and then finished work!

I just finished the last of my promised legionnaire's last night, and I'm ready to move onto the Havocs!

large.Fourlads.jpg.af49147865c5100ef9a709a775d91aa4.jpg

11 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@gaurdian31 - How are your legionaires coming along? You thought you might have them done this week.

@Dr_Ruminahui They are all done, picture in the spoiler. Going to get the Dark Apostle and his Disciples done this week hopefully and then will see what I can get built to vow.

Spoiler

large.Legionnaires.jpg.7cb8e27a405f9d8dc

Great work everyone! Glory to Chaos!

Well, it's time for my 3rd and final pledge....

I, Tallarn Commander, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 10 Legionaries, 1 Eightbound, and 4 Traitor Guard/Chaos Renegades & Heretics Militia (15 models total) for 15b pts for the Glory of the Chaos Daemons and Chaos Stronghold on or before September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until year's end."

A photo of all 15 miniatures

5. All 15 Chaos Models Front.jpg

And here are some more photos if you are interested...

All 15 seen from the rear

6. All 15 Chaos Models Rear.jpg

Bone Picker, Aspiring Champion for the Liberators, part of my Warpborn home-brew CSM warband

7. Bone Picker, Liberators Aspiring Champion.jpg

Slavers' Bane Legionaries Squad, Warpborn Warband

8. Slavers' Bane Legionaries Squad.jpg

Liberators Legionary Squad, Warpborn Warband

9. The Liberators Legionaries Squad.jpg

Sarvak Khrul, World Eaters Eightbound, and 4 troopers of the Nostroman 9th Traitor Guard/Chaos Renegades and Heretics Militia

10. Sarvak Khrul and the Nostroman 9th.jpg

Sarvak Khrul, World Eaters Eightbound

11. Sarvak Khrul.jpg

Aspiring Champion Red Talon, Nostroman 9th

12. Red Talon.jpg

Ultimate End, Reaper Chaincannon Gunner, Slavers' Bane Legionaries Saquad, Warpborn Warband

13. Ultimate End.jpg

[/spoiler]

I feel the Warp overtaking me!

Edited by Tallarn Commander

11 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

My FLGS is clearly is not interested in selling me tape, so it came down to freehand, almost done. Some basing and cleaning up.

termiwip4.thumb.jpg.75313bf55d387e3dfeeddfc10254a9fb.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

Honestly, unless I'm doing vehicles, I find free hand easier than tape anyway.  They look great.  Iron Within.

4 hours ago, renegadeguard said:

Mutantchans are getting there ahead of schedule :)

But I seem to not be getting any notifications from the forum and my recent activity is blank, is this a bug?

Great to hear!

The blank recent activity is a bug, since last Sunday, I think.  Not sure about the notifications - do you mean to your email, or internal to B&C?  I know for when I put @Username for someone, they only get an internal notification for that if they have selected for such notification in their preferences - and at least when I did that for myself, it was not the default, weirdly.

On 8/13/2023 at 9:05 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

We didn't hear from a whole bunch of people this week as to their progress - I hope they are keeping plugging along.  @Brother Argent,  @legoman@sitnam@renegadeguard@Valkia the Bloody@Metzombie@Celtic_cauldron@Muskie@Trixie, and @Teetengee come let us know how you are doing!

I'm still chugging along, real life has been hindering my progress. Still hoping to complete the entire pledge before end of the month to give me a bit more time for pledge 3

19 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Great to hear!

The blank recent activity is a bug, since last Sunday, I think.  Not sure about the notifications - do you mean to your email, or internal to B&C?  I know for when I put @Username for someone, they only get an internal notification for that if they have selected for such notification in their preferences - and at least when I did that for myself, it was not the default, weirdly.

Both internal and email, but you're right, I checked my settings and the default was no notifications, which I've now changed. Thanks for pointing that out :)

From iron cometh strength, from strength cometh will, from will cometh faith, from faith cometh honor, from honor cometh iron.  And I about ran out getting these Black Legion done.

Spoiler

IMG_0168.thumb.jpeg.b0efb18e9cc794bd5fc0fdca19da612a.jpegIMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.2d15b34538816f0d04cc9e1eacc143a3.jpegIMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.bc4e6b06d7e9fa8e247a4eed66ffd11f.jpeg

*Got ahead of myself.  Still need transfers.  Still, painting done.

Edited by crimsondave

Gotten all of my pledged walls done last night - I need to get the rest of my stuff done so I can pledge some more!

large.LastB3Wall.jpg.5cebea4688e5cfce21a8eca1bbe451f6.jpg

Has anyone considered running Necromunda with boarding action tiles?

I'm pleased to have gotten these out of the way, as they're the last of the twelve short-wall-with-hatchway B3's in the box, and I'm ready to do some of the longer walls.

1 minute ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

That Murphy fellow is a positive fellow. Of course the second after I had varnished and put the terminators away I get a message from my FLGS. Guess what? The tape has arrived.  :(

Cpt.Danjou

That's the way isn't it? Still, those terminators and MoE came out great!

38 minutes ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

Of course the second after I had varnished and put the terminators away I get a message from my FLGS. Guess what? The tape has arrived.  :(

If it's any consolation, the hazard stripes look absolutely fine to me on my monitor (which is probably showing them larger than what they are in real life, and thus imperfections would be more obvious).

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

On 6/22/2023 at 10:22 AM, Grotsmasha said:

I, Stef Coudou the Insane, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint my Ten Children for the Glory of Chaos Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end

3E0BBA1F-4932-4A04-A85B-1503F4CE759A.jpeg

558CC14A-344D-4385-A331-5386405540F5.jpeg

9A30FC1E-A5CA-4F6B-B548-FC32171D89D7.jpeg

33270528-5287-4E5B-B41D-6014F0532213.jpeg

316682B3-BD80-415A-A25B-BAE9EB8D5913.jpeg

Edited by Stef Coudou

On 8/10/2023 at 8:52 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 3 Fellblades for 6 pts for the Glory of the Warmaster and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

large.20230810_204311.jpg.da3f01b6f5331aded2e388d8bd766178.jpg

Another 6 pts in the Chaos bag from me... Taking my total to 16pts...

Its a weird thing that most of mine has been Chaos.

large.20230817_175742.jpg.27a9d1a4009cff7602974dc320baa93b.jpg

On 8/4/2023 at 8:19 PM, sitnam said:

So. Much. Trim. (Dark) Gods speed, frater

I’ve completed half of my counts as Legionaires

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5412.thumb.jpeg.00991595d14c61cbbf7a526eebc2dfe3.jpegIMG_5411.thumb.jpeg.074bd4bb1d2459d49e0b5300dd95c6a5.jpeg

And now the second half of my Legionnaires

Spoiler

4309.thumb.jpeg.26408523cd434fdd96dcaa871d8e2bfa.jpeg

I'm not super happy on the skin for the Tzaangor headed ones, but otherwise I like how they came out