Who's interested in creating Xenos for Legions Imperialis?

Grot-sized steps, but here's the start of my take on orks. This is essentially translating the Space Marine 2nd Edition (SM2) rules into modern Legions Imperialis terms. As in the discussion above, I've done my best to integrate and use existing rules where possible. I'd appreciate your thoughts and input on this early stuff.

image.thumb.png.8d9187e978d9cd6b181d7c41a496b5db.png

image.thumb.png.47f4cba9e3563e6618b9cb13eaf41b62.png

v.02: Tweaked the Ded flash shoota and expanded the list.

image.thumb.png.2f612e20318d7c5cd5c6699d95528225.png

Added the Runts rule and clarified the Blood Axes to 'nearest table edge' (good spot @Black Cohort). I've left the Bad Moons as-is for now, as these are intended to be broadly negative (a reward for your opponent in clearing out the bosses or for the ork player being thoughtless with movement). I think playtesting will reveal whether it needs tweaking.

image.thumb.png.23df058fe843fae841e2a45f3959b86c.png

Expanded the boyz mob option to include Burna Boys and Tank Bustsa. These deserve to be included, but should always require a pile of regular Boyz in my opinion. 

Grots also rear their runty heads here – let me know what you think.

@Black Cohort – on the Goffs' CAF, the stats are straight from SM2. Each clan has advantages and disadvantages (including stuff exclusive to them in the broader list), so hopefully this will all balance out. In essence:

• Bad Moons get better guns
  • Deathskulls get access to all exclusive stuff (thievin' gits) and the least objectionable clan instincts
  • Snakebites get improved CAF and keep their guns, but get a poor clan instinct.
  • Goffs are the equivalent of Space Marine Assault Marines, but swap jump packs for sheer numbers. Their guns aren't as good, and they have amongst the most unpredictable clan instincts.
  • Blood Axes get better Morale but don't play well with others
  • Evil Suns get access to more toys.

image.thumb.png.0fff136ba3b3546b0ac4ba5dda271b53.png

Warlord is going to be 'unlocked' by the player taking multiple clan formations (representing him dominating a lesser Warboss with their own tribe).

image.thumb.png.9b35dde0b38b1893d118a33b696fa6f3.png

image.thumb.png.e64b3e67067af2a9d274300b08a3c690.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I signed up to BnC when I saw this thread. I had been looking for a group who are making rules for the xenos/40k armies.

I like the design approach so far where you are using the universal special rules as much as possible, and starting with the basics.

My only critique so far is that the escalating CAF values combined with rend for the Ork command makes them compete with knight units, which seems a bit too powerful.

I think it would be great to try what is here now with some sample formations. Has anyone managed a game with this list yet?

Edit: I had not read to the end of the Orks posts when I posted this. Will post there in future.

Edited by Scealfada