Terminatorinhell's WIPs

Go to solution Solved by ZeroWolf,

Hmm I'm not sure? I think that the printed torso and legs will need a little bit of greenstuff to blend because different makers. The only real difference I saw otherwise was that maybe the knee armor itself was a little smaller. 

The sword arm is from the Bladeguard kit and looks a bit bigger because of the extra armor so idk. 

Edit: blended in the waist more and I think it looks better proportionally 

20240123_072426.jpg

20240123_222215.jpg

Edited by Terminatorinhell

I like how the cloak came out. :smile: 

The trim on the shield is quite striking in that gold. The silver on the shield looks a lot darker than in other pictures - did it get knocked back a lot, or is it just a quirk of the camera angle?

I've just popped in to say this: I've been following your thread for some time now and I'm liking everything here. The mix of the old and the new. Your army, your style is an excellent blend of old and new. You have some amazing conversions, very oldschool in nature, but you freely mix in modern stuff, like 3D prints.

The Chapter Master is properly over-the-top. I imagine he's a tough nut to crack with the heavy armour and shield.

Experiments in sculpting capes for eliminators... Maybe I'm only please with the first one in the Pic. The second is utter :cuss:. The good one I figured out but laying the putty on a trapezoid shaped piece of plastic (the bottom of a paint well flipped upside down) and I let it cure a bit then draped it on the marine. The other two were more free form made and peeled off a strip of plastic. 

Not pictured, I completely failed at rolling cables with a comb. Couldn't get anything so I just had putty sausages to donate to my bag of putty. 

Mildly frustrating night and I might buy one of those stupid GS rollers. 

20240130_225359.jpg

The putty looks like Milliput and it's difficult to work with, at least with my skills. I think it's best for sculpting when it has a similar consistency to green stuff, which means you should mix the putty and leave it for some time (40-60 minutes?) and only then start sculpting.

The cape on the guy on the left is excellent, mind you. The shape is well-defined and it's nice and smooth (I wish I could achieve such a ting). I'd just add another layer of detail to it: add 'rolls' of putty and then work it to add some folds and it should be perfect.

I also know the feeling of frustration of wasting an entire evening (or whatever other amount of time) and getting nowhere or, worse, having to undo something. However, the bad taste should go away quickly.

This is the redo, I'm happier with it and it came out better. But I may have rolled it too thin. I might add another layer on top, as well as the folds but I'm gonna let it dry overnight and see how it is. I tore one on accident but managed to put it back together. I found that if I was gonna walk away for a bit I could toss it in the freezer. 

20240131_205429.jpg