Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

On 8/21/2023 at 6:03 PM, Triszin said:

Tin foil hat

Kt

Catachans vs scorpions

Marines

Jump assault, ja/cap

Gravis lt

I wouldnt really expect catachans.. Id imagine they'd keep that for a jungle setting and while I constantly see people speculating that it is because of the color green, but when you look closely at the teaser.. or more specifically the words posted with that teaser where they downright say it.. it appears to be some sort of ocean (world?) with ruined (mossy?) industrial structures and what looks like a very spikey city/fortress (or the crashed spacehulk) in the distance.   Thats not to say there wouldnt be any jungle, however lots of writers and designers forget that its completely ok for a planet to have a whole variety of different climates... but thats a differen discussion :biggrin:

Its void anyway as KT just isnt on the list, however if the Scouts vs Scorpions rumor is true I could imagine next Monday's miniature reveal teasing scorpions and next kill team season with a "ohhh but who would they be fighting.. find out in a couple of days" with the scouts being part of the Spacemarine reveal, thus avoiding the kill team logo /tinfoil hat off.

For marines :

Since terminators (both assault and normal), Sternguard veterans, rumored command squad and the Infernus squad allready comprise a whole lot of units (especially considering this wave will also get the desolators and possibly scouts.) I dont think any jumppack will be touched now.

I cant put my finger on it why, but I think THE  captain release will be an Outrider captain this time. I dont expect a mpk Terminator captain just yet. ( gravis only came After the edition ran out, and bladeguard captain still is just the 9th starterbox one.) Id expect there to be a chaplain as well.. rumor is terminator I believe.

The biggest headscratcher for me is the token "big thing" but its probably just going to be another variant of that one primaris tank :p (in other words, to me they all look the same ;)) I think the retro loadout Dreadnought from leviathan remains the snapfit one and there is also the brutalis dreadnought to be released that wave.. a third dreadnought feels redundant. ( especially while they also want to sell you the horus heresy dreadnought releasing around the same time.)

Further :

I dont really expect anything 40k beyond marines. the reason being mostly that winter schedule too is quite light for 40k (just necrons and admech), and I really dont think they will tease spring yet. Exceptions are;

- If either Necron or Admech are bigger releases too (not just one token model) wich I dont think is likely, they might start teasing it.

- There is a new campaign to tease ( but I believe these dont pop up so early in a new edition.)

- There is a suprise new 40k army/codex in winter too in addition to Necron/admech and the HH army... in wich case they will start hyping/teasing.

- If the Horus heresy mystery army is also a 40k army I think teasing might start ( however if its just Solar auxilia or something, I think it will be sprinkled in the Thursday articles leading up to it instead.)

So we're finally gonna get that Space Marine launch wave here, right?

I'm almost certain most of it will line up with what we've seen get Legends'd Space Marine-wise recently, but hopefully there'll be some brand new stuff too.

Also if the above is right and there's no SM Scouts shown off, then can we reasonably say that's a point in favour of them being released in KillTeam?

We might also get some Rumour Engines answered in this, which would be nice.

(Can't wait to see the chat flooded with people demanding TOW stuff and getting mad when they show off a Resin Bretonian again, tho...)

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Formatting and Rumour Engine point.

30 minutes ago, spessmarine said:

Odd that Killteam isn't listed. We had the teaser from a while ago and today I got that GW marketing email that was super on the nose about Scouts 

Care to elaborate ? I think last week or so there was an on the nose teaser on scorpions, wich was just showcasing the old scorpions, I saw it on the eldar reddit since I dont seem to be getting those mails myself.

Could very well be that my theory above why there isnt a killteam specific preview holds more weight, they might just take another route for hyping there.

After all.. last season I think already started by NOVA last year.

3 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Care to elaborate ? I think last week or so there was an on the nose teaser on scorpions, wich was just showcasing the old scorpions, I saw it on the eldar reddit since I dont seem to be getting those mails myself.

Could very well be that my theory above why there isnt a killteam specific preview holds more weight, they might just take another route for hyping there.

Maybe screenshots later from another device, but for now. Just something all about scouts as a role. Humour style 

A lot of that is going to depend on how the first wave of Primaris character updates went, whats that? They had so many they were dumping them in mystery boxes? Oh dear :( 

Like, they are cheap enough to accompany codexes where they dont want to do a full wave, or want them in the narrative for some reason, but i dont see them doing a comprehensive sweep again, i guess the rumoured Dark/Blood angel wave will be the real watermark, see if they have more or less than the Black Templars got.

Edited by Noserenda

On 8/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, TrawlingCleaner said:

A more realistic expectation would be an anniversary diorama of Calgar on throne if we were to get anything for Marneus for the 40 year anniversary

Him in his Gravis armour as an updated version of this would be cool:

th.jpg.8fecda5bdc45d0a0ae094ba80494d503.jpg

Yes! Give Primaris Calgar a primaris toilet. His old one must be several sizes too small by now.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead
cleanup on argumentative posts

12 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Oh you got me, obviously a single shoulderpad on the Deathwatch kit completely invalidates that point.

Not what I was talking about. The new standard box marine transfer sheet has Raptors on it now. Which given that it's only been Ultramarines previously seems to suggest GW is either doing something with them or they're aware of their popularity. 

4 hours ago, Robbienw said:

No need for a terminator character to cross the rubicon if they are getting a new version that is still in terminator armour.

It should be stated because the Primaris marines are superior, physically. 

Also, the Imperial Fists had significant geneseed degradation before the Primaris upgrade.

8 hours ago, TheMawr said:

8 hours ago, spessmarine said:

Maybe screenshots later from another device, but for now. Just something all about scouts as a role. Humour style 

Not super on the nose about space marine scouts I should say, but the role itself.

If it wasn't for the other teases and expected eldar vs scouts box I wouldn't have read as much into it

ECMZyro.jpeg

8 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

It should be stated because the Primaris marines are superior, physically. 

Also, the Imperial Fists had significant geneseed degradation before the Primaris upgrade.

Only by a hair in the fluff these days.

Certainly not enough to risk a grand hero who isn’t horrendously wounded.

I doubt they’ll mention it if a terminator character gets a new terminator model.

Are they still claiming that there's a risk to the primaris conversion? That was the original lore for it, that even fully prepped with gear and experts the survival rate was really low.

But then every famous character just primarised. It's a little unbelievable to say "oh ya, theres a big risk to it, better not risk our chapter master/head chaplain/head librarian/heroic captain". 

5 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

Only by a hair in the fluff these days.

Certainly not enough to risk a grand hero who isn’t horrendously wounded.

I doubt they’ll mention it if a terminator character gets a new terminator model.

Dante, the oldest Marine who's body was breaking down, has now crossed the Rubicon. It's now pretty obvious that the risks have been mitigated in-universe.

They might not mention it, but I see no in-universe reason why a warrior would refuse upgrades that follow in the example of the most legendary heroes across the Imperium. Dante, Azrael, Ragnar, Helbrecht, Calgar, etc. 

Lysander would chose to be the most potent living weapon he possibly be. 

2 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Are they still claiming that there's a risk to the primaris conversion? That was the original lore for it, that even fully prepped with gear and experts the survival rate was really low.

It has been said in books that they were getting better at doing it with each attempt. I imagine it's almost risk free at this point?

7 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Are they still claiming that there's a risk to the primaris conversion? 

I may have missed something, but I’m not aware of any fluff that says the rubicon process has suddenly magically become completely risk free.

If it was risk free surely they’d just upgrade every marine asap. 

8 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

I may have missed something, but I’m not aware of any fluff that says the rubicon process has suddenly magically become completely risk free.

If it was risk free surely they’d just upgrade every marine asap. 

Isn't that what's happening? I suppose it can be claimed that the new Terminators aren't strictly Primaris, but they can be, and there is no reason why over time they won't all be upgraded in-universe. Eventually the old generation of Marines will either cross the Rubicon, or fall in battle and be replaced. The greatest "Firstborn" are now Primaris.

Going back to topic, are we expecting the Marine reveals at Nova?