Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

3 hours ago, Vassakov said:

Kill Team is conspicuous by its absence

This does raise an eyebrow, as they said they'd be launching a new season of the game this autumn, and I believe they previewed Into The Dark (start of Gallowdark season) at the Nova Open last year (iirc :huh:). 

So, either there'll be another preview not long after Nova, or KT Season 3 has been delayed (not surprising, seeing as LI was) :ermm:

19 minutes ago, firestorm40k said:

This does raise an eyebrow, as they said they'd be launching a new season of the game this autumn, and I believe they previewed Into The Dark (start of Gallowdark season) at the Nova Open last year (iirc :huh:). 

So, either there'll be another preview not long after Nova, or KT Season 3 has been delayed (not surprising, seeing as LI was) :ermm:

Might be that Ashes of Faith was meant to fill that gap a bit, but that released strangely close to Gallowfall. 

LI might've also taken this season's release window (pre-delay) and saw pushed it back.

If the Primaris Scout rumours are true though, they'll probably have to announce it before the Marine 'dex drops. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Which Primarch do you think is coming back to HH next in Winter? I'm guessing Rogal in a more dynamic pose, standing astride a massive mound of rubble, sword pointed out in defiance towards Horus so they can act as bookends and continue the SoF/IF parity in releases. A new Sanguinius would also make sense narratively and his model, while well sculpted, is an odd spot without the Khorne Demon that was originally on the base. From a purely aesthetic POV, I hope its Angron, very likely the worst Primarch in the HH range.

37 minutes ago, Flaherty said:

Which Primarch do you think is coming back to HH next in Winter? I'm guessing Rogal in a more dynamic pose, standing astride a massive mound of rubble, sword pointed out in defiance towards Horus so they can act as bookends and continue the SoF/IF parity in releases. A new Sanguinius would also make sense narratively and his model, while well sculpted, is an odd spot without the Khorne Demon that was originally on the base. From a purely aesthetic POV, I hope its Angron, very likely the worst Primarch in the HH range.

Following the same logic as Horus it would need to cover a design space or option that is not yet covered. The two primarchs that do that are the Khan and his Bike, and Lorgar when he fully embraces Chaos.

The 4 Daemon Primarchs arguably could also make an appearance in horus heresy but might need some different options as an upgrade sprue for their plastic kits (like Angrons weapons), because I can't see them just doing the same thing but in resin.

Just to add; during the WHFest Q&As they said that it was a Primarch that underwent "a great physical change" during the course of the Heresy. Khan on Bike was specifically called out as not being the Primarch on the roadmap either.

Simon Egan also stated that resin versions of the Daemon Primarch's were planned at the last pre-COVID Heresy Open Day back in 2019.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Just to add; during the WHFest Q&As they said that it was a Primarch that underwent "a great physical change" during the course of the Heresy. Khan on Bike was specifically called out as not being the Primarch on the roadmap either.

Simon Egan also stated that resin versions of the Daemon Primarch's were planned at the last pre-COVID Heresy Open Day back in 2019.

Sounds like a daemon Fulgrim to me then.

Every time bike Khan's sculpt comes up I feel compelled to ask: remember when the stated reason why jaghatais release was so delayed was because they were sculpting both versions in tandem? Kinda been 4 ½ years since malevolence and almost 2 years since the foot version came out, and you basically get the absolutely worst primarch rules by taking foot Khan to boot. 

But you know, instead they did stuff like a resculpt of the imperial fist praetor, mega battle-only Horus, khabanda who still has no army to go with, and some more fists/soh characters. The essentials, really.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

3 hours ago, Flaherty said:

LOTD Ferrus Manus so we can re-create the Webway fight from Master of Mankind.

3 hours ago, Brother Paint said:

Calgar in terminator armour …….again? 

Honestly given how the Primaris characters have improved design wise (i.e. more faithful to the old models) since calgars release, I honestly wouldn't mind this l. he and shrike deserve a re-do lol.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

6 minutes ago, Brother_Angelus said:

It's got to be Lorgar Transfigured. He has rules but no model, and they've discounted biker khan.

If they're not doing biker Khan I think this makes the most sense, along with fulgrim.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

5 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

For 40k, I think we will see the space marine releases, and for 30k, I think it will be LI and the other 2 knights. 

They already showed the Acheron and Castigator at the July preview. LI likely won't get much if anything else until after the starter set comes out